Thin parents pass on 'skinny genes' to their children

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2045017/Thin-parents-pass-skinny-genes-children.html

So now it's literally been proven.

Can someone please tell me, why the FUCK are Veeky Forums retards COMPLETELY fine with acknowledging that:
Height, eye colour, race, bone structure, hair colour, likelihood of getting diseases, and ON and ON and ON are determined by genetics...

Yet you even MENTION that YES, BODY FAT & MUSCULATURE ARE ALSO DETERMINED BY GENETICS, and they flip out like complete autists?

Why is it so hard for you gymcels to admit that genetics = life?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/science/10369861/Epigenetics-How-to-alter-your-genes.html
gq.com/story/calorie-weight-loss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Dailymail
>Literally been proven

>Why is it so hard for you gymcels to admit that genetics = life?

Because unless you're LITERALLY born with a serious health problem or klinefelters or something like that you CAN get to a pretty good level of fitness and aesthetics, everyone can.

Even having the worst genetics in the world is still no excuse to look like the average person who eats garbage, heats his food in plastic, ingests xenoestrogens and lives a sedentary lifestyle with low protein/fat intake and high carbs especially simple carbs.

This mad pajeet lol

There is also hope for your children and grandchildren.

You can make your grandchildren and great grandchildren fucking alexander the greats.

telegraph.co.uk/news/science/10369861/Epigenetics-How-to-alter-your-genes.html

>Daily Mail
>Proof

Daily mail is the enquirer of the UK.

What am I mad about exactly?

Can I have a source on the pic in the right?

Why do you retards perpetuate information like this?
If you lift and have a decent diet and get proper rest, you'll probably look better than 90% of the population, regardless of your genetics.

>Why do you retards perpetuate information like this?

It's only a few lazy/undedicated retards (usually from /r9k/) looking for excuses.

>WAHH I'M 5'10 WHY EVEN LIFT !

it's not because of genetics desu, fat parents overfeed their kids for a variety of reasons ranging from plain ignorance to denial, whereas thin parents are much less likely to shove pies down their offspring's gullet, or as I saw one of my relatives do give coke to a fucking toddler

So what you bitch ? You dont belong in the gym on Veeky Forums or even Veeky Forums. Autistic mongoloids that complain that have it hard in life are more then welcome to do a couple of flips. The entire point of life is being dealt shit cards and playing with what you have. Keep pushing yourself and you will get happy, even the minimal effort is far better than getting everything served to you on a silver plate.

If there is one thing I hate in life its people complaining they got shit cards dealt. Life on hard if fun, you just need to GIT GUD AT LIFE U FUCKING SCRUB.

>If there is one thing I hate in life its people complaining they got shit cards dealt

The best part is that these people have never faced real adversity.

They whine about shit like being born the average height(maybe slightly below it) or not having a model-tier face even though it's perfectly fine or the "tfw no gf" bullshit when they aren't even interested in making an effort to improve

If you go by Veeky Forums standards, you'll be fucking miserable. You'll look better than most normies but everyone on here will still shit on you. Its likely you won't ever see these people in real life, so why care?
I've posted this in one thread, and I'll say it again: I don't consider myself big and whatnot, but by normie standards when I'm out and about, the normies think I'm huge and shredded when I'm running shirtless.
"BUT MUH GENETICS. MY INSERTIONS LOOK LIKE SHIT. I SHOULDN'T LIFT." It's retards like you that make people here think like this.
I guarantee you that if you have some decent amount of muscle and not too much fat, girls and other normies will not give a shit about your "high insertion bicep brachii."

>I don't consider myself big and whatnot, but by normie standards when I'm out and about, the normies think I'm huge and shredded when I'm running shirtless

No fuck. Most people on Veeky Forums are beginners or don't even lift (migrants from /pol/ or /r9k/ mostly who just "identify" with the "lifting culture" because they lifted for 2-3 months of SS in their garage once and then gave up).

There's a reason that 99% of the time when someone criticizes your physique and you ask them to post theirs they stop responding or make an excuse.

I know. Cant wait till they reach 18. Fail university, fail at getting a job, fail at moving out and basicly everything daddy and momy cant give them. Probably gonna complain that its genetics they are this stupid too.

>parents both fat
>was always skinny
Yeah, nah.

Every mammal on this planet forms sub-dermal fat. It is not genetics, it is more ingrained into our DNA. Its a survival aspect of mammals. It helps us insulate ourselves, it helps isolate and stabilize injuries and forms around our organs as a protective layer from any external forces. If you allow your cat or dog or any other mammal to eat as much as it wants and not have to work for its food, it will get morbidly obese and end up rendering itself unable to hunt or forage. This survival aspect of our DNA hasn't had enough time to either go away through "evolution" since we have only had this kind of access to food for a short period of human history, we don't have many historical writings on the topic to base any experiments on.

So to act like genetics has much of a roll in how fat you'll be is a load of shit. It's biologically impossible to gain weight without putting food or high caloric drinks in your mouth.

If you must blame anyone, blame the FAT parents telling their children that they "big boned" or "im fat your fathers fat" excuse. No, its because you are too lazy to tell your kid no, and just feed them real food. You'd rather the TV raise your kids, and have McDonald's cook their meals. Also its because YOU feed your children the same shit at the same amounts as an full grown adult. Then you have the nerve to lie to your kid by saying its not anyones fault they became fat and get made fun of and smell bad. FUCK YOU TO ANY PARENT THAT BELIEVES YOUR KID WILL BE FAT BASED SOLELY ON THE FACT THAT YOU ARE A LAZY PIECE OF SHIT.

>Probably gonna complain that its genetics they are this stupid too.
Lmfao. You seriously think genetics DON'T determine intelligence?

>You seriously think genetics DON'T determine intelligence?

Most people are average to slightly below average intelligence.

That means little to nothing in the grand scheme of things, what's important is how hard you work and your organization.

There's literally people on Mensa forums with Genius-tier IQs and yet they're pretty much glorified NEETs who sit all day talking about how smart they are and never accomplish a single thing in their life.

It's a combination of genetics and environment, but it's still a topic that requires further research.

NATURE VS NURTURE

All things are determined by genetics, I don't know what faggots you've been talking to.

>Most people are average to slightly below average intelligence.
I think you need to read up on averages buddy.

>Even having the worst genetics in the world is still no excuse to look like the average person
>Worst genetics in the world
m8 if you had the worst genetics you'd look unhealthy no matter what you did or ate. When you comfy assholes talk about bad genetics you're differentiating between examples that are all in the top 15% of the world.
I've lived and worked in places where three generations are all cousins and the youngest generation are short, slow, crappy specimens of humanity. After being around them (and they aren't bad people, it's just a cultural thing to marry close) you see that this board is full of people obsessed with bullshit.

>i need more excuses to be accepted for my bad habits
Mcfucking kill yourselves

I'm genetic bro tier.

I constantly eat bbq ribs, chicken wings, and pizza. Plus I drink beer whenever I want.

Yet I have a 6 pack and 12% body fat.

I love seeing fatties look at my hatefully as I drink a cold one and eat a couple slices of pizza at the pool.

I'm saying that unless you're born with downs syndrome or legitimate mental retardation you can get anywhere you want to in life by just working hard.

Most people don't even put in the effort regularly to improve themselves, there's your opportunity to get ahead.

most people don't follow a diet or routine in the gym, there's your opportunity to get ahead.

Most people work jobs they hate, and never attempt or venture into uncharted waters of things they believe in or are uncertain, THERE is your chance to get ahead.

You don't need an IQ of 150 to do these things.

>m8 if you had the worst genetics you'd look unhealthy no matter what you did or at

Well yeah but almost no one on this board has that bad genetics. Even if you did, you can still do as much as you can about it.

my point is that unless you did the absolute maximum you could affect on your own and you're bitching about your genetics holding you back then you're just a lazy faggot

I wonder about this.
I decided to take advantage of my unlimited meal plan at college by eating much more food in January, like 4000 calories a day.
I didn't even get fat. It doesn't make sense.

>I didn't even get fat. It doesn't make sense.

Whoa! your body must be defying the laws of therodynamics.

I'd suggest you submit yourself as an experiment to your college's physiology department so they can learn about how your body's metabolism is so advanced that it doesn't gain weight from a caloric surplus. We need to get to the bottom of where the black hole in your body is that converts KiloJoules into nothingness.

4000 cal a day. Lol, you think that excessive? You do realize thats baarely more than 1 milkshake from dairy queen. Right? Average Fat person will eat nearly 3000 calories for breakfast if they have breakfast, if not they'll make up for it at the lunch when the average lunch is like 4000 calories, i.e. drink, burger, fries plus another side. Then dinner comes around and they feel like having 2 or 3 hamburgers or like 4+ slices of pizza which will be like a total of 3000 calories. You really think just eating whatever makes you fat?

6000 calories a day, even if exercising 1-2 times a week, would put you at about ~680 pounds heavy.
Highly doubt the "average fat guy" eats that much in a day.

Not who you replied to.

Thats is Strange, because my daily calorie maintenance is over 3000 cal. This is with a sedentary lifestyle too.

I understand how all that shit works. The "I wonder about this" was to suggest that.
It's just weird. Yes, I put on some fat, but I didn't get as fat as I thought I would. I still had visible abs, chest and ab veins showing. My legs and butt are the only things I really noticed that got fatter.

It all comes down to your TDEE man.

1 lb is 3500 calories, so if you're eating a 500 calorie surplus you can expect to put on 1lb a week. Not really much more to it

I lol'd at the Daily Mail shit, and can't be arsed reading the replies fully, but its been said. OP is a retard.

Yes, genetics play a big part, but unless you have a genetic condition like said, you can do whatever.

For some guys, it's much harder to put on weight, for some, it's hard to lose it, but it doesn't mean it isn't possible.

The picture is simultaneously a shitty and perfect example. The photos are so fucking biased - the first guy is just ugly, but he could fix that. His routine and diet obviously isn't anywhere near on point. He could easily get a body like the guys in the second pic if he wanted.

As for his looks, it's hard to tell, as the second picture is deliberately shitty resolution and blurred. But the first guy could get a hell of a lot closer by clearing up his skin, getting a tan, getting a better haircut, better glasses/contacts/laser surgery, etc. If he still doesn't look good, nothing wrong with a bit of surgery.

That's why its also a great example, because it shows that hard work and even some basic fucking self-respect/awareness make an enormous difference.

Also, you think the guys in the second have "no routine and eat whatever"? Yeah right. The middle guy isn't much, but the guy on the left and probably the others hit the gym and eat right. Maybe a bit of gear in there too. No one looks like that - body wise- naturally with no effort.

Either you exercised a fuckton (ran about 10 miles every day) or you way overestimated how much food you were eating. Most likely the latter.

no fucks given. i'll be the best I can be, simple.

have fun with your excuses.

>For some guys, it's much harder to put on weight, for some, it's hard to lose it, but it doesn't mean it isn't possible.

Exactly.

for fuck's sake, over 60% of the US adult population is overwieght, half of that is clinically obese. EVEN Lifting for two years with sloppy routine/nutrition and having low as fuck testosterone you will still look pretty damn good compared to the average person.

Did you actually think I meant fat as in obese? The average person does not eat that much.
What I meant is that I still looked thin even after eating a shit ton of food and 500 above my TDEE (~3500). To me that's a shit ton of food.

I'm on my phone and on some app so I can't respond to both of you.
Maybe you're right, user, perhaps I was overestimating calories; I stopped counting after I got the hang of things. Routine was lift 5 days a week and sprints until I ran 1600m, ladders, or tempo runs starting at 5:45 pace twice a week.

gq.com/story/calorie-weight-loss

I thought that sounded a bit off. Yeah, it doesn't make much sense that 3,500 cal is 1 lbs of fat.

Yeah OP I am going to need some proof that the guy on the right actually do the things listed

Also, before you say bullshit.
I'll admit I didn't hit legs that hard, but I'm a runner first during club cross country and track.

Because when it comes to metabolism it gets complicated. Just because you are genetically predisposed to be skinny doesnt mean you wont ever get fat. And just because youre predisposed to be a little fat doesnt mean you will never be skinny if you work at it. But there are NO genes that make you obese. Period.

>His routine and diet obviously isn't anywhere near on point. He could easily get a body like the guys in the second pic if he wanted.

Lmfao.

This post really shows how fucking far removed from reality gymcels are.

If you honestly think alpha fratbro Chad is doing autistic shit like carefully planning a routine, or "counting calories", then...just lmfao.

I swear you self improvement gymcel scum will NEVER acknowledge the elephant in the room, i.e. GENETICS, the shit that actually MATTERS.

You spend YEARS discussing BULLSHIT like "routine", protein to carb ratio, ideal deadlift form and ALL MANNER OF PEDANTIC AUTISTISM THAT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER AT ALL. It's literally MEANINGLESS.

Chad eats pizza whenever he likes and his body STILL looks incredible. He doesn't lift (besides bicep curls and chest flyes once in a blue moon), he just looks good because of his GENETICALLY DETERMINED HEIGHT, FACE and FRAME.

This.
My brother as always skinny. Even as an alcoholic killing a 12 pack or bottle of vodka a night, he was still skinny up until I moved out.

Me? I was always fat, even weight lifted while fat and got to a 300lb bench.
Decided to lose weight at 15 after hitting that 300 lbs bench because weights became boring.

Went from weighing 254lbs to 140lbs in less than a year, with nearly no loose skin but figured out at that point I had gyno.

Now? I'm 136lbs, 5'8" at 23 and abusing hormones because I'm legitimately mentally ill and quite frankly these things help a lot.

My brother is about 190lbs now despite having dem skinny genes because his lack of exercise and poor eating choices caught up to him.

Genes don't mean shit.

MFW effort OP

>If you honestly think alpha fratbro Chad is doing autistic shit like carefully planning a routine, or "counting calories", then...just lmfao.

And you got this from your extenstive experience following "frat bros"? Or from the posts written by NEETs on /r9k/?

you are honestly retarded if you don't think chad lives and breathes the gym

able to do more with less effort? sure. but that doesn't mean chad doesn't have to put a shitton of effort to accomplish the Ideal

>ALL MANNER OF PEDANTIC AUTISTISM THAT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER AT ALL. It's literally MEANINGLESS

If it's so meaningless then why have I noticed a direct positive correlation with how much effort I put into lifting and nutrition AND How good I look and how people respond to me?

Btw "frat bros" are mostly skinnyfats anyway, they don't look that good you're just imagining some cherrypicked shit from /r9k/ where they all look like film stars

This
NOBODY gets a free pass when it comes to fitness. We all have to put in some work, no matter how "alpha" our genetics might be.

You're obviously the sort of mentally ill fuckwit who listens to people like David Icke or thinks 9/11 was an inside job. You take legit and proven science, then totally distort it with your own delusions to fit your distorted view of the world.

I don't know what it might be. Autism? Jealousy? A bit of both? Plenty of sperglords blame their own shit on others, when its all down to them. You're jealous of "Chad" because he's good looking and gets the girls, whereas you make fuck-all effort, and even if you did look like a Chad, you'd still fuck it up with your crippling social disorder.

For the record, I looked like an ugly Auschwitz victim a few years ago. Hit the gym, ate properly, did a bit of gear, hit the tanning beds, got some good clothes, good hair, etc. Now I look at least as good as half the guys in the second big. Better body wise than all of them. Facial wise the left guy had me beat, but I'm planning some subtle facial surgery soon.

Sounds mad to someone as ill as you, but you're only as good as the effort you put in.

dump more qt anime grills desu

picture to prove you aren't full of shit.

Lmfao. And with all that effort, you forgot that it's HEIGHT, FACE and FRAME that really matter. I have no doubt that you BELIEVE you "improved", but your oneitis? Yeah, she's not so sure.

Since you're so confident that you're a "real man" now, why don't you post pictures? After all, it's DEFINITELY "le hard work!" that matters right? Anything is possible with s-self belief and determination, that's why gorillas eat fucking GRASS all day and CAN PICK UP CARS WITH ONE HAND.

Face it. Genetcs = life.

have you ever even stepped foot into a gym? outside of planet faggot?

Your pic related is bullshit.
Ian mccarthy is a dyel broscientist who thinks cable work is the ultimate way to build muscle.
He thinks he is extremely smart even though he does not bother to change his routine when his progress is shit.

>but your oneitis? Yeah, she's not so sure.

I'm not from /r9k/ I don't have a oneitis. I talk to multiple girls at once at any given time.

>Since you're so confident that you're a "real man" now, why don't you post pictures?
What's the point? you'll find something to point out and laugh about. It's not like you'll post yours anyway.

>After all, it's DEFINITELY "le hard work!" that matters right?
Yes it is. Every single admirable person anyone looks up to has put in tremendous effort to get to where they were. Not one person deserving of respect had everything just "fall" into his lap.

Yeah some people might have been a little bit more gifted at some things, but you never know how gifted you are if you don't reach your potential.

That overweight fucking loser from /r9k/? Yeah you know what, maybe he DOES have PERFECT insertions for bodybuilding, maybe he could become Mr. Olympia, but he doesn't know. Because it's covered by an 8 inch layer of fat and he posts from his basement all day.

>Face it. Genetcs = life.

how do you know your genetics aren't enough if you've never reached your potential in all likelihood?

A lot of us here on Veeky Forums can attest they used to be fat/skinny or skinnyfat. They COULD (and probably did, for a time) claim "MUH GENETICS, IT'S NOT FAIR MUH GENETICS = LIFE". But then they started lifting and dieting and noticed that wow, turns out under this layer of fat and with some added muscle, maybe my genetics weren't THAT bad, maybe I'm actually alright afterall

And after all that, they still don't get laid because women see genetics, not "effort".

>And after all that, they still don't get laid because women see genetics, not "effort".

How do you know that?

Let me guess, source is /r9k/?

You hit the GYM HARD, while Chad eats pizza.

What if I am Chad?

ah yes, chad came out of the womb ripped

Scoring self hating 4/10s on Tinder doesn't make you Chad.

No, women aren't smart enough to go for hard concrete facts, they very often get emotional when they see folks try hard and struggle and wind up making sub optimal decisions regarding who to sleep with.

But even if you seriously can't get laid after working hard, trying your best, etc., then you can accept your destiny a wizard and move on to doing wizardry things. Giving up and running away from your weaknesses doesn't mean your weaknesses aren't there, it just means you're even weaker than you originally thought because you didn't even have the strength to confront your weakness.

Why are you making these assumptions?

Why can't I be a Chad?

>But even if you seriously can't get laid after working hard, trying your best, etc., then you can accept your destiny a wizard and move on to doing wizardry things

THIS.

If you're born to be a wizard /r9k/ beta, ok that's fine, be it. But don't you want to at least try your hand and uncover your potential just to see for even a little while what it is?

Ask for source in hm. They'll know (protip: nsfw).

Yeah, keep reading your "iron pill" self improvement bullshit and getting nowhere with it, meanwhile I'll accept reality, and we'll both remain equally unattractive to women. Lmfao.

>and we'll both remain equally unattractive to women

Speak for yourself and stay a virgin

>dailymail
I'll give you a (you)
If it was up to genetics we would have tons of obese people in every era in history. Only in the past fifty years has obesity become common problem in some countries.

>WAHH I'M 5'10 WHY EVEN LIFT !
they're memeing my dude

>being this low in willpower

Lmfao. I'm sure spending years in the gym was really worth that one 3/10 Asian you "scored" on Tinder that one time. Lmfao.

are you talking about yourself

Post your body then faggot

I know a chad that eats pizza and drinks whenever and has a workout plan and his "genetics" are starting to disappear

#NotAllChads

Those are all gay pornstars from Bel Ami.

>dailymail.co.uk
>"proven"

You don't deserve to breathe.

>If you allow your cat or dog or any other mammal to eat as much as it wants and not have to work for its food, it will get morbidly obese and end up rendering itself unable to hunt or forage.
I fill my cat's bowl whenever it's looking like it's about to be done
she's 17 and always was skinny
she caught a fucking pigeon once, among infinite amounts of roaches and bees.

Just saying you're maybe a little wrong about animals, I went from 40 to 20% bf so you're not wrong about the humans part.

I keep waiting for epigenetics to have its replication crisis a la social sciences.

Thinly veiled CHAD EATS PIZZA thread

prove that you're not pajeet

>The results showed a ‘strong association’ between children’s and parents’ body size, with the strongest predictor of the child’s thinness being the shape of the parents
CORRELATION DOES NOT IMPLY CAUSATION

SHITTY PARENTING DOES NOT IMPLY SHITTY GENETICS

ANYONE WHO THINKS THIS STUDY PROVES "SKINNY GENES" EXIST NEEDS TO BE CULLED

>I care about muh good look

Just let me lift to forget the pain.

>go to the gym 6 days a week for the last 6 years
>eat things that can barely even be called "food" because they're good for me
>fuck Im lucky that I have good genetics and never had to work for it

>LITERALLY
>LITERALLY
>LITERALLY
>LITERALLY
>LITERALLY
>LITERALLY

I'm not fit myself, nor Veeky Forums, but it's beneficial to say so.

Take your guy to the right, even if you say he has "shit genetics" or whatever, he is now healthier than he would have been if he didn't work out.

Ingraining people with the idea that it's "pointless" because of their genes is not only sort of cruel, but unhealthy.

to the left *

>Thinly veiled CHAD EATS PIZZA thread

More like DOLPH EATS SEMEN but yeah

>not posting best twink

Please let it be true so I can have obsolute-alpha grand(-grand)-childrens.

>Alpha fratbros

Nice meme tbqh

>I don't want to accept that I'm moribdly obese because of all the food I eat but keep blaming genetics.
Everyone read that

First of all, the guy on the left is Ian McCarthy, he does super light weight workouts with machines because he believes that's the way to go as far as hypertrophy goes, no wonder he looks like shit. We all know that for natties, you need to train heavy, since strength and size are very much correlated. Secondly, most Chads I know are skinnyfat, they don't look anywhere close to the right picture. I can tell they have high T, because of their jawlines and broad shoulder bones, but their arms are skinny as shit and they have quite a bit of fat covering their abs. I don't deny the importance of genetics, but I think you're exaggerating it a bit.