LINK / SIBOS reminders

>"You should sell at SIBOS bro! Buy the rumor, sell the news bro!"

What rumor?
What news?

The news was "LINK is doing a demo for SWIFT at SIBOS", and this news came months ago.

There is no rumor.
There is no news.

There is only the marketing opportunity SIBOS brings for Chainlink.

Other urls found in this thread:

bankingtech.com/595652/sibos-2016-innotribe-industry-challenge-results/
swift.com/node/39911
coindesk.com/barclays-joins-cls-blockchain-consortium-search-swift-alternative/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>"SIBOS is already priced in bro!"

How do you price in hundreds of thousands of potential new users and investors who will suddenly become aware of Chainlink at SIBOS?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to be a chainlink investor. The hints are extrenely subtle, and without a solid grasp of the banking system most of the hints will go over a typical newfags head. There’s also Sergies optimistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from satoshi nakamoto's literature, for instance. The investors understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of this coin, to realise its not just brilliant- is can change peoplea LIVES. As a consequence people who dislike chainlink truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in sergies existential catchphrase “See you at SIBOS” which itself is a cryptic reference to the international banking conference. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as the chainlink development team's genius wit unfolds itself on their binance trading screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

>"LINK is only doing a demo at SIBOS because they won a little contest bro!"

Except LINK won last year. Not this year.

And LINK shared that win with two other crypto companies ('Rise' and 'Coin Sciences').
Source: bankingtech.com/595652/sibos-2016-innotribe-industry-challenge-results/

And yet LINK is the ONLY ONE doing a live demo.
Why? Because SWIFT NEEEEDS smart contracts to complete its blockchain initiative.

You see; SWIFT's premier overarching blockchain project basically consists of two things:
1) Hyperledger (already rolling out)
2) smart contracts

Source: swift.com/node/39911
(this is a PDF download of an official SWIFT doc. If you don't trust my link, google "Information paper Distributed Ledgers, Smart Contracts, Business Standards and ISO 20022")

Chainlink is by far the closest SWIFT is to a smart contract solution, for three reasons:

- Chainlink is very low-threshold for banks
- Chainlink has been in the making for four years, it is not simply shat out or replicated
- SWIFT is under increasing pressure to adopt blockchain tech

You better catch the vibe here, anons. Things are about to get very real.

OP btfo

>"We don't know if the demo will be successful or exciting bro!"

It's a fucking demo. It'll be like clicking through an installation wizard.

And of course it's not going to look exciting, it's a fintech presentation.
Ever watch a basic presentation on derivatives?
Boring as all fuck, but derivatives are still one of the single greatest money-making machines in existence.

Look again, muchacho.

>"Ripple is going to bury SWIFT/LINK, bro!"

LINK has nothing at all to do with the feud between SWIFT and Ripple.
LINK can perfectly coexist with either, both, or none.

Just like LINK is perfectly viable in a fiat world as it is in an all-crypto world.

The better Ripple does the more SWIFT will work to implement chainlink desu.

Pretty much.

And the pressure on SWIFT to adopt blockchain tech isn't just coming from Ripple.
For isntance: coindesk.com/barclays-joins-cls-blockchain-consortium-search-swift-alternative/
These are major finance companies that are (sort of) distancing themselves from SWIFT to explore blockchain solutions because they feel SWIFT isn't adapting to the blockchain quickly enough.

Anybody selling at SIBOS is literally retarded. The devs have stated there will be news coming out at or shortly after the conference including "well known" investors in the project.

LINK and Ripple aren't actually competing against each other, but there's still a lot of fun to be had.

I don't understand this

The moment I was finished reading the whitepaper I thought "damn.. this has some sick potential"

And then a place in sibos

I invested big after these 2 facts

But people call this shitcoin

If it hits $2.11 at SIBOS, I'm selling it no matter what you biztards tell me

>supporting the jew banker coin

back to your containment board

It's connection to Swift makes it a threat to Ripple. Which has actual paid shills.

That and the fact that most people who wanted to get into the public sale didn't created a lot of salt. This would have been shilled ten times as hard if everyone who wanted to get into the public sale did.

>(((SWIFT)))
>(((SIBIOS)))

It's probably almost purely FUDing from people who want to keep the price down while they accumulate (or keep it down so that they can wait for the right time to buy), and to a much lesser degree, people who are unfortunate enough to not be able to put two and two together. It extends beyond Veeky Forums, too; because of its initial popularity over here, people in other places (reddit, youtube) thought that this was a scam shitcoin. Reddit has its own Chainlink subreddit now, so that probably does help somewhat.

It's a middleman at best. Ripple is (((Their))) coin. Fucking Bernanke is talking at Swell.

Think it's more people trying to capitalise on selling before the big dip and buying back in before the news. If the dip doesn't come before the 16th I'm probabaly just going to hold. Only other things I've held from beginning are ETH at 2 USD and OMG at 36k sats

LINK is at its core a peer-to-peer contract solution that can easily cut out middlemen like banks.

It just so happens to be the perfect plug&play blockchain and smart contract add-on for banks.

Literally best of both worlds.

>making excuses for (((BankCoin)))
>"A-at least it's not Ripple..."
>"I-it could cut out the bank middleman if it wanted to..."
What the fuck does that even mean? Banks are target customers here and the only reason this coin might even have value. How are they in any way just a "middleman"?

It means it's a peer-to-peer contract solution.

If you wanted to set up a contract/agreement with a number of other individuals (like a loan or insurance), you would need a trusted middleman to act as arbiter; like a bank or notary.

With mainstream smart contracts, you don't have to trust anyone as the contract clauses are automatically executed.
And because the proof is in the blockchain, it's there for all to see and no refutation is possible.

Because literally all it does is allow businesses to use smart contracts without changing their infrastructure.

That's it. The token is just for paying node operators that validate information.

lol implying banks with ever fucking use a "token"

any one knows what's SWIFT's value I dollars?

They could just as easily give the fiat equivalent to the node operator who then procures them in their place.

There are millions of ways to do this, but the tokens are instrumental to the network.

When is this SWIFT ICO? How do I sign up for the whitelist? Spoon-feed me, please.

LINK is the crypto that's doing development work for SWIFT.
They're doing a live demo at SWIFT's SIBOS conference on Oct. 16th.

>jews are traditionally wealthy
>doesn't back something they support

m8 I've been a /pol/ faggot since pre-zimmerman, you gotta leave that shit at the door here. money is money

The only reason this coin even has value is because of SWIFT lol. You are delusional if you think it would be anything without them

They're the first actual solution to mainstream smart contracts, with pretty much a working product.
This isn't some hopeful mumbo jumbo either, go take a look at their whitepaper and who co-wrote it.
The only peer-reviewed whitepaper in all of crypto, I might add.

The above alone puts it firmly above 99% of all altcoins out there.

underrated

Why does it keep dropping though.

my favorite pasta

So that I can get another €5k into Coinbase and buy more sweet LINKs before it shoots up to the moon, of course. Thanks, based Sergey.

Pretty much all altcoins are.
People are trying to get as much money into BTC as possible to benefit from the Bitcoin Gold hardfork on October 25th.

It's a trap though. Suppose the airdropped Bitcoin Gold they receive is 10% of Bitcoin (i.e. $ 400-500); chances are they won't be able to sell their Bitcoin Gold and get their money out of Bitcoin before the inevitable post-fork crash exceeds 10% and it was all for nothing.

I dunno user, what do you think will happen next?

There is 0 relationship between these short term selloffs and the long term price.

Bitcoin Gold won't be 10% though, it'll likely be like $10 or $20.

Noobs gonna noob.
Whales will probably dump on them a day or two before the actual fork.

because retards want short term profits, they can't see the potential in this coin,
it could be the #3 coin in the market within a year

As a newfag here, do you guys usually have threads were you watch these boring ass presentations or...?

>jew
Except it's decentralized, which kikes hate.

But muh Bitcoin fork! You gotta sell all your alts at a loss now so you don't miss the bitgold goy!

Regardless if it has any effect on ChainLink at all but Wall Street is coming with the money machine and going to pour trillions into this market next year according to researchers.

We will be talking trillion dollar cap Bitcoin by this time next year.

Who knows where the other coins will be.

This. I'm in at 8800 says. This hurts

On the 16th this board will be unusable
Imagine /v/ when they announced red for super smash Brothers.

and then buy back cheap alts.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA CANT BE HAPPENING CANT BE HAPPENING

And the fomo is starting to creep in

can't find this ChainLink. where do you buy it guys ?

Binance.

>zimmerman
Those were the best days, definitely the height of /pol/

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to be a chainlink investor. The hints are extrenely subtle, and without a solid grasp of the banking system most of the hints will go over a typical newfags head. There’s also Sergies optimistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from satoshi nakamoto's literature, for instance. The investors understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of this coin, to realise its not just brilliant- is can change peoplea LIVES. As a consequence people who dislike chainlink truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in sergies existential catchphrase “See you at SIBOS” which itself is a cryptic reference to the international banking conference. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as the chainlink development team's genius wit unfolds itself on their binance trading screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

Hear hear.

>bought at $0.44

WE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE AT $1 BY NOW. YOU LIED Veeky Forums

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I love how they're basically mirror images

when /tv/ meets Veeky Forums