youtube.com/watch?v=XeScw6pghNw
youtu.be/vpFZhXwzbPg
youtube.com/watch?v=wh-ikyBAQr8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Natalia a cute edition.

Who

Trappy's qt sister.

Deload week, hold me /plg/.
People at the gym thinks I'm just fat and weak.

act like you're injured
that's what I do kek

Surely they can notice the ease.

Should I do second day of squats on Candito Linear beltless? It's the strengthhypertrophy program? Are belted movements more inducive to gains if I train 2x with belt compared to only 1 belted and 1 beltless?

>when your brother is a hotter girl than you are

the idea behind overload bench is to get more work done at your sticking point so that when you do a full bench you have more of a base of strength to grind through the sticking point. my go-to is 2-board presses. go to a carpenter, or home depot, get a pair of 2x4 inch pieces of wood stuck together like pic related. have a spotter hold it to your chest. try benching around 5-10% higher than your normal bench and stop just as the bar touches the boards. press as normal

additionally, you can just pause the bench at your sticking point and press from there, or you can do pin-presses where you place the bar at your sticking point on the rack and press starting from the bottom

tl;dr do any bench variant that works through your sticking point, preferably if it allows you to go above 100% of your max

/tpy/

I may have to resort to this!

I don't expect much from the regular gym goers, they only see the numbers on the bar.

2x6s are better IMO, you want as wide a surface as you can get. That also tends to work better if you don't have a spotter and are reduced to shoving the boards down your shirt to secure them.

There's no reason to use a belt on any of the lifts on the candito programmes (novice ones)

i use 4's under the reasoning that i have a smaller chest, never tried 6's though, i'll give it a shot some day

youtube.com/watch?v=XeScw6pghNw

>tfw it's not an act as of today

Beltless isn't "better" it's just different. If you can handle the prescribed weight beltless and your next day looks manageable, then do beltless

In two weeks you'll be thankful

Why do you care?

If they are regulars they already know your true strenght, and even if they don't you'll show them soon enough. Stop being so insecure man.

Why?

If it makes any difference, Im currently at 132 kg SQ and 152 kg DL. Also, please elaborate your statement.

>noko
oldfag detected

i used to avoid belts under the impression that working beltless would transfer over to a belted lift better. i also used to avoid belts cause there's a gymrat myth about under-working your abs.

the truth is that belted and beltless are different because they work your core in different ways. in a beltless lift you'll be bracing your core as if you're trying to stay solid as a rock (imagine trying to absorb a punch to the gut), whereas in a belted lift you'll be pushing against the belt (imagine trying to avoid being squished to death from the waist). so case in point, you can start lifting with a belt whenever you want, it won't make you any weaker on the squat/bench/dead

i will say this though, learning to brace your core beltless will carry over better to your overhead press and bench (though you can argue the core doesn't play much of a role in the bench anyway)

>show them your true strength

Pretty much, I remember seeing a guy squatting like 1.5 plate and just thinking he was new and then the week after he was squatting 3.5 for 8 reps

>2016
>noko

Wew

2008, never got rid of the habit

B R E H after fucking hitting sub-maximal weights in the gym for 10 weeks straight, 5 days a week i took my deload like a fucking blessing i was up and down helping all the kids squat better, talking to cute girls, discussing coaching with the trainers etc

deloads are great if you aren't an aspie about it

i think he's being ironic. a lot of oldfags are here this past week, july tends to be summerfag/oldfag season here on Veeky Forums

But which one would yield better gains?
I'm asking since a lot of lifters say you will progress faster with a belt than without.
Then what is the point of even training beltless if you already know how to brace?

Izzy is posting again.

youtu.be/vpFZhXwzbPg

Did anyone ever try his routine? Just about finished with 5kg a session linear progression on his routine.

Numbers:
S: 130kg 2 x 6 RPE 9.5
B: 72kg 3x5 RPE 9.5
D: 160kg 1x5 RPE 9

except I'm not being ironic.

When you're strong, you often want to spend at least part of your training cycle keeping the weights down so things are just overall less stressful rep-for-rep.

>But which one would yield better gains?
for maximal strength purposes, it's easier to brace against a belt than to try to go the 'try not to get punched' way. that's not to say you can't however, just check out konstantin konstantinovs. he's an elite lifter and he competes beltless. vid related

youtube.com/watch?v=wh-ikyBAQr8

>Then what is the point of even training beltless if you already know how to brace?
i've never asked this before, maybe someone else can weigh in, but i think with a belt you get a much sturdier core regardless of how strong your abs already are.

also this
>RPE
how is it working for you? a lot of guys here don't like it cause of how subjective it can get but i think for those interested in auto-regulation it's the best idea ever

Deload guy here again.

My insecurities set aside, I've noticed that my deload lifts are sometimes heavier than some persons workout sets.

But I also know that most people isn't chasing a 1150lbs total.

>RPE
>how is it working for you?

Seems to be working well, but I have a tendency to push for the full 6 reps when I should probably leave one in the tank. Now that I'm at the end of linear progression I'll have to be more disciplined to avoid stalling.

Only 1150?

1200 TOTAL CMON

When I pull sumo, after a couple of heavy reps I start feeling some sort of tension in my left knee between reps. It doesn't exactly hurt, but there's some kind of stress going on as I keep pushing my knees out.
Anyone know what it could be?

HERE'S AN IDEA. TO GET RID OF THE TRAPPY SHIT-POSTING, EVERYONE POST ONE GENERAL POWERLIFTING TIP YOU'VE FOUND WORKS FOR YOU

For me
>work your arms multiple times a week bodybuilder style. it's great on your elbows and it makes your bench feel more controlled throughout all the lift. it won't make your bench better by itself but it adds to the whole lift

>1150lbs total.
so like 400/250/500 ? what bodyweight?

i would say you should always push the working sets to get the full intended effort you went into the gym expecting. but as a general rule, it's better to skip a rep than to lower the weights. good job figuring that out. what are your best maxes?

play nice, we all start somewhere.

Switch to conventional

Sumo deadlifting is literally getting cucked

inner or outer knee?

inner it might just be tight quads, outer it's probably your ACL.

don't listen to this guy, sumo is fucking awesome. but still, don't neglect your conventional either. they both have benefits, you're better off doing both than one or the other

I just switched to sumo and I'm already beating all my PRs, so I'm gonna stick with. Conventional just gave me trouble.

>EVERYONE POST ONE GENERAL POWERLIFTING TIP YOU'VE FOUND WORKS FOR YOU

Thinking about Trappy during my PR attempts

am i right to assume you also squat with a wide stance? it's normal for guys with wider CHILD BEARING HIPS to prefer wide stances on squat and deadlift. ed coan had a bit of a hybrid deadlift where his stance was sumo but his hip and knee angles were basically conventional.

fukken kek'd

>what are your best maxes?

I've never maxed out. For some reason I've always wanted to be confident of a 2pl8 bench before trying them. But I'll try them once I'm done with Izzy's novice/intermediate routine to assess where I'm at.

I think I'll do his intermediate routine after that.

When setting up for my deadlifts I rotate my shoulders back and down so it feels like the weight is being pulled from my armpits. This stops rolling forward and means I don't have to shrug at the top of the lift.

Morning lads

edging to trappy's feminine in between sets to get the test flowing

1150 for now, when I've reached that I go for 1200!

Yeah, something like that. I'm a bad squatter but strong a DL.
Right now I'm 185lbs BW

Kinda hard to pinpoint, but it's not inner knee. Not me in the picture, but it's in this general area.
It could be tight quads. My hip flexors have been getting tighter recently and I wouldn't put it past affecting my quads too.

Oh great, the consolation attention whore is here.

try benching 2 plates for reps before you max, honestly. i think for most guys averaging around 180 lbs, 225lb bench comes fairly easy and then you start so stall around 275-300lbs.

and yeah man if the programming is working for you stick with it til it stops.

did you try low-bar? also your competitive spirit is phenomenal kek

as far as i know boardshorts is a sumo puller, try asking him. hopefully he isn't a dick for 10 minutes

I used to squat slightly wide (wider than I should have I got pointed out not long ago), but I've been trying more narrow recently as I switched to low bar and stopped going so deep. I am the opposite of Ed Coan, I have long legs and a short torso. When I pull conventional my torso is basically horizontal off the floor.

>Long legs short torso

Do you find it hard to create hip torque because of this?

Squats are a fucking nightmare.

deadlifting 4 plate is ez pzy but is my absolute 1rm squat. Fuck my shit squat genetics

>did you try low-bar?

Did highbar for a while and just switched back to lowbar, so right now I'm actually seeing some good progress with my squat.

My current lifts are:
335/270/480 (raw)

hahah i diddy lift 6 plates its so great wew fuck health n shit

also i required heavy trt to lift it but who cares lol lift big =DD

I have been having trouble with sitting back for my diddies, simply because I had no fucking clue how far my ass was supposed to go back (because it seems so far due to giant legs). Hopefully this week I will see an improvement.

that's a fucked up squat/deadlift ratio lad, but good job making progress

>attempting to troll a purely natty raw powerlifting club on a chinese picture website

do you sumo?

Nope. I want to stick with conventional for a while desu. I've pulled sumo before but I just don't get the same satisfaction out of it.

Yeah, I'm blaming bad squat angles.
(But in truth, I just suck at squatting.)

a good sumo can feel great

my conventional did feel like shit then when sumo clicked it was awesome

Yep, I struggle with valgus on moderate to heavy weights all the time. What I'm hoping is that sumo deads will strengthen my adductors and teach my body to maintain external rotation so I can maybe squat comfortably at some point in my life.

You have Starretts book, do his top-down deadlift setup, you dont even have to think about hip position.

Also get some friends so we can stop having to read your weak ass posts

>when sumo clicked it was awesome
on the outside it's easy to call sumo cheating cause less range of motion, but that's literally the only up-side to sumo. everything else is so much more precise and demanding on sumo, and if you happen to do it all properly or if you're simply built for it then yes sumo is better than your conventional i.e. 'cheating'. otherwise, sumo is hell

Ok.

I have friends I'm seeing them today actually and I'm going to a BBQ.

when you say barbecue, you mean like south carolina slow-roasted pork, or grilled meats on medium-high heat in your back yard? cause one of these is not barbecue

Trappy, pls come back!

Medium high heat...

There are barbeque places in Leeds which are pretty awesome though. They make their own jerky as well

Fucking stretch marks all over armpit.

No way I grew muscle faster than my skin near pec insertion.
But I also don't think I gained fat there.

The fuck is that shit.

You're what's wrong with fit. Fuck off to a tranny dating site or whatever

You're what's wrong with fit. Fuck off to stormfront or whatever

You're not alone, pretty sure most guys here with actual muscle have those stretch marks. They usually appear where the skin is thinnest

genuine slow-roast barbecue is honestly one of the most underrated gastronomical experiences.

at the same time though, grilling some chicken with hickory chips thrown on top of the coals is a lot more flavourful than you might expect. try it out if you haven't already

also, i was away from this place for some time. who are you and what are your credentials? you seem pretty aiight

>being dyel
>begging a retarded supreme dyel man who dresses up like a woman to give him validation through the Internet

Ayyyyy lmaoooooo

Just been lifting for a while and like being in /plg/ coz you can trust the advice.

Probably not the answer you were looking for.

you achieved what you wanted, you made her go away. now fuck off.

>coz you can trust the advice.
this is what a lot of guys fail to realize about trips. every now and then someone complains that trips are ruining /plg/ but really, every time a trip posts he's building a profile for himself that keeps him/her accountable for all his advice and training goals

on that note, RIP tinytrip

It is a wonderful day. Beautiful, truly beautiful.

Stop being so upset, son. Maybe you can add her on fb and keep in touch :^)

Who else here feels like a disgusting slob in shirtless summer days?

I should cut desu. Retarded not to be lean as non-professional powerlifter.

Anyone has some good meal plans? I am uncreative.

Poor guy.

But yeah, my goals are to squat 120kg (double body weight) and diddy 180.

A bodyweight bench would be nice too.

I'm a long way off but you got to keep trucking.

Are you
>thick
You seem like a non cancer trip, but my gf is 62 kg with massive cup f titties which she'll get reduced soon cuz of health issues, so around 60 kg afterwards (bw). She can squat 110 for a double.. So ay just keep at it

5 meals a day? if you have the time to prepare meals:

Meal 1: 7am
4 Egg whites, scrambled with a splash of garlic powder and black pepper for flavor
Protein shake

Meal 2: 10am
2 Tuna Sandwiches, use mustard and hot sauce to kill the fish flavour if you don't like it much
Natural Juice

Meal 3: 1pm
10 or so home-made chicken tendies
A couple handfuls of lettuce and tomatoes or avocadoes on the side
Juice or a soda now and then

Meal 4: Post-workout
Protein shake
Rice/pasta/tortillas and some beans/meat/chilli

Meal 5: pre-bed
milk and pb&J

Achivable natty?

I'm a pretty cancerous trip desu. Mainly because I like attention. But yeah I am pretty thicc but not fat. I can only pinch an inch of fat on my belly.

Your grill is strong. Impressive

Idk about rotating them back, but using your lats to pull your arms as down as possible reduces your ROM and engages lats.

I don't think, although I don't know, that rotating them back is a good idea?

Perhaps I don't understand. A second opinion is needed.

>Noko
>Oldfag

'No'

I started coming here in 2009 and this site was already old by thne.

post body pics pls :3 won't give you compliments or anything just wanna see

;)

You're my favourite trip tho so you're not allowed to leave

nontrappy attentionwhoring and we good ait.

Tbh she's pretty stronk, she's joining her countries nationals next year in April, like me. Pretty cool

What's your routine like?

After the fucking trappy disaster of 2016? No thanks.
Morning chucklebutt

Its not a good idea. You are correct.

Are you
>this thick

I'm currently doing a ppl workout 6 days a week
I'm doing a heavy single 90-95% followed by a 5x5 for squat, deadlift and alternating bench/ohp

Would a regular 5x5 with heavier weight be better or would this still work well?

Currently running SS but with more deadlifts. I was out with an injury for like 3 months.

What lifts is she aiming to compete with? Plus you should tell me how she does, it's good to have inspo from the ladies

Ben?

So should I just be pulling down then? I will delete my bad advice.

If you can visualise it, you should imagine using your lats to pull your arms down as low as possible and locked to your side. Keep the lats squeezed / keep the tension in the lats.

Then reach down and grab the bar.

I saw you mention an issue with hinging, you hinge as far back as humanly possible, there is no stopping point, you go back until your body says no more.