youtube.com/watch?v=LUCTSCJEt5k
youtube.com/watch?v=dbJLKesTltw
youtube.com/watch?v=ib21LrgXGyA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DQF6X4asBsA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>bodyweight
>gains
into the trash

You can still make pretty decent upper body gains with body weight exercises and they are fun skills to train.

Is HIIT a nice way to do cardio?

>Replying to it.

I prefer to do HIIT for cardio. It's great.
Burns a lot of calories and gets the heart rate high.

I usually do rounds of sprinting and jump squats

enjoy your chicken legs

are bodyweight exercises with weights (I know that means it's not bodyweight anymore) better than lifting for strength? For instance are weighted pushups better than bench?

Ever heard of pistol squats?

Bodyweight and especially acrobatic bodyweight exercises give the functionally strongest and most aestethic bodies imo.

>also natty bodyweight gains dont melt away in a few weeks without exercise.

They are neither better nor worse but very comparable.

Doing heavy weighted push ups will get you good at weighted push ups and improve your bench.

Doing heavy bench will get you good at benching and improve your weighted push ups.

They will both help grow triceps/chest due to being able to progressively overload the muscle.

>>Why bodyweight?
>posts videos of a guy doing cool bodyweight shit instead of explaining why one should do bodyweight
???

Ohh and girls dig acrobatic bodyweight stunts.

>B-but I can bench 300
No one gives a fuck but gymbros.

Started Wall Sitting today because i can't swuat (tight hamstrings). Would you say it is a good substitute or they require totally different muscles?

BTW, saw some articles saying wall sits are worthless exercises for aesthetic and performance. Whats your opinion about that?

They use kind of the same muscles (wall sits are going to be almost all quads, squatting will at least use some hamstrings/glutes/erectors).

You'd need to be very weak or very fatigued for wall sits to make much of a difference in terms of strength or mass, but it's possible.

Just stretch daily you moron.
I cant believe that you're comfortable in such an unfunctional body.

thx man

I read an articles theses days sying you shouldn't stretch in the same day you work out. Any advices about that?

Because it demonstrates the if you're dedicated to training and progressing on body weight exercises you'll be able to do cool shit, get stronger and get a better physique.

I mean I could go into detail on the benefits of adding body weight exercises in your workouts.

They are easier on the joints and can improve mobility/flexibility and functionality of muscles especially in improving small stabiliser muscles from performing complex motor patterns. Minimal equipment needed and can be done while travelling or at home or if access to weights is not available, etc

Yeah but a 300lb bench is still impressive.

pistol squats are a fucking joke

I pumped them out no problem when I could barely back squat 80kg

Do dynamic warm ups before working out and do your stretching after the workout or later in the day.

Studies have shown that stretching out muscles to their ROM limit reduces their contraction potential temporarily so if you do strength training after stretching you will be weaker

Bullshit

I couldn't squat or dead lift without pain

So i just did some shitty physiotherapy routine i found on the Internet

Foam rolling, stretching etc, did it every night and like 3 weeks later i could squat and dead with perfect form and no pain

BEELEAVE IN UR SELF

Pistol squats and weighted pistols are great exercises.
Also there is the harder variation being shrimp squats.

Sure they can't replace heavy barbell squats you can still get a great leg workout out of pistols/shrimps, lunges, glute ham raises, sissy squats

Anyone got a basic bodyweight routine I could start as the only equipment I have available are a treadmill and an exercise bike until September so no weightlifting unfortunately.

I will follow you advices. While i can't squat properly, will do wall sits and stretchs after the workout. Thx guys

I switched 3 years ago from bodyweight to lifting. Lifting has given me real results.

Bodyweight was fun until I realized I would forever be twink rock climber mode.

Also, lifting weights has made me stronger than I ever was off my own routines. I can do pull ups +90 lbs now.

It's silly to not do some of both.

Thanks user

It depends on what are your goals. If this is enough for you, there's no need to lift weights

I switched 3 years ago from bodyweight to roids. Roids has given me real results.

Bodyweight was fun until I realized I would forever be twink rock climber mode.

Also, roids has made me stronger than I ever was off my own. I can do pull ups +90 lbs now.

It's silly to not do some of both.

I enjoy mid distance running and my fitness goal is to get a sub 20 minute 5k. I just recently started training for that goal (23 minute 5k PR), and understand that for that I'll end up pretty skelly. Can anyone recommend me a bodyweight routine that will keep me from going full skeleton mode?
I was thinking of 3x8 of (eventually) weighted push ups, pull ups, chin ups and dips, along with planks, leg raises and dumbbell squats. I can't afford a gym membership. Or at least my local, which is like £40 a month, nearly three times the price of the cheapest one which is an hour drive away.

Kek

>lifting = roids to bodyweight fans
Bwg btfo

Don't lump all of us in with that idiot.

Weighted dips and pullups are easily the best upper body exercises

Bodyweight fag here. Will lifting make me better at bodyweight? I want to try SS or SL for a month or two.

I'm 180lb, can do intermediate stuff like one arm pushups, weighted pistols, archer pullups, etc.

>I read an articles theses days sying you shouldn't stretch in the same day you work out. Any advices about that?
this makes absolutely no sense, only an idiot could believe something this stupid.

The only time you should avoid stretching is right before lifting. Use an active warm up instead (some kind of exercise).

Stretch after every workout and as much as possible during the day. You will notice a big difference in soreness, recovery, and ultimately gains.

>before lifting
This is bwg faggot fuck off with your shit advice

>just managed to do 200 one handed pushups, alternating every 5
FUCK YEAH BRAHS

Is this bait or you've reached superhuman level?

works record is almost 2000 i think

>works
world
fucking phone auto correct

Hows muh muscle up.

210lbs 5'10 fatty.

i know it's instinctive, but try to keep your legs at adead hamg throughout the whole motion, instead of using them to gain momentum
other than that, pretty decent

Cheers bud.
I only got my first one a week or so ago, so I'm still having to use legs a bit.
I did get 2 in a row a couple of days ago, so progress is coming.
I will work on keeping stricter legs though as it looks awesome when people do them that way.

it starts from a factual study
>stretching before lifting marginally decreases your power and strenght
and it takes it to an unhealthy extreme
You should always stretch, stretching is great for you and it helps you get warmed up
of course you also need warmup sets

Nice user especially for being that weight,

Do slow negatives with legs straight and together.

Weighted pull ups will also help build more power to pull yourself up.

what you guys think of this ?

youtube.com/watch?v=LUCTSCJEt5k

what kind of gains will i have ?

>tfw rock climber
>tfw forever twink

Gross.
My upper body routine is purely gymnastic style strength training followed by face pulls, bicep curls and over head tri extensions.

Yet on leg day I still rotate heavy squats and lighter stiff leg deads with heavy dead and lighter front squats.

Anyone wanna share their routines?

What're your sets like? 3x8? 5x5? 3xf?

I do a PPL split

>Monday
Bench heavy single @ 90-95% 1RM
OHP 4x10
Dips 4x10
HSPU progression 4x10
Planche progression 12x10sec (2 min total)
Handstands + stretching 15mins

>Tuesday
Bar muscle ups 1xF
Deadlift 8x2
Pull up 4x10
Front lever progression 12x10sec (2 min total)
OAC progression 4x10
Bodyweight row 4x10
Core + stretching 15mins

>Wednesday
Squat heavy single @90-95% 1RM, 5x5 @ 65% 1RM
Bulgarian Split squat 4x10
Pistol Squats 4x10
Box Jumps 4x10
Glute ham raise 4x10
Stretching 15mins

>Thursday
OHP heavy single @ 90-95% 1RM
Bench 1xF @75% 1RM
HSPU progression 8x3
Weighted dips 5x5
Planche progression 12x10sec (2 min total)
Handstands + stretching 15mins

>Friday
Bar muscle ups 1xF
Stiff legged deadlift 4x10
Weighted chin up 5x5
Front lever progression 12x10sec (2 min total)
OAC progression 4x10
Bodyweight row 4x10
Core + stretching 15mins

>Saturday
Squat heavy single @90-95% 1RM, 5x5 @ 65% 1RM
Bulgarian Split squat 4x10
Pistol Squats 4x10
Box Jumps 4x10
Glute ham raise 4x10
Stretching 15mins

>Sunday
Rest or mobility/stretching

Any exercises that build strength for shoulder hyperextension (e.g. manna)? A shoulder injury I've got makes overhead lifting slightly painful, so I'm going all in for shoulder health.

Currently doing
>push-ups
>rows
>scapular shrugs
>dumbell shrugs
>support hold (top of the dip position as a hold)
>shoulder dislocates
>german lever (not a full one)
>shoulder rolls

I'm trying to strengthen the shoulder girdle through as much range of motion as I can (elevation, depression, protraction, retraction). Doing foundation from the ground up. I know what I'm doing for the most part (not working through pain, high rep low weight, proper form) just looking for a little extra insights from anyone around here.

You could try doing exercises and mobility work using a resistance band

>resistance band
I forgot to mention that I'm kinda pressed for money being on a uni budget in a 3rd world country.

Is it worth the money?

It's too bad that things had to come to this.

>inb4 tldr

Even Veeky Forums used to be good. It really isn't just nostalgia goggles. There's just something about overpopulation that diffuses the essence of anything good, whether in countries or in websites with expanding userbases. Veeky Forums is unique because it isn't bogged down by political correctness or upvote-mongering posters but it seems that it has reached its terminus. Freedom has been its strength but it has also been weakness now that everyone has free reign to shitpost and make this place a cancerous cesspool for everyone including themselves.

I guess it really is too much to ask to find that right mix of humor and expertise in an internet forum.

But this thread is fairly alright at the moment. Not a lotta people who know what they're talking about but it's alright. But with Veeky Forums's frenetic pace this thread won't see the morning. Would've been nice to have threads that lasted a bit longer.

Well I'm staying here.
Even if they spam troll and bait about bodyweight exercises
Even if no one posts in the thread
I will keep training bodyweight and making the /bwg/ thread.
I will show Veeky Forums that you can become strong and aesthetics from body weight.
That at least someone on this board will be able to do a planche and a front lever and a one arm chin.
I will do it to give hope to all those user who want to be able to master calisthenics that even some random Veeky Forumsizen can achieve it.

Kinda wish this didn't come from a trip, but who knows.

Maybe I'll visit too once I start getting decent on the rings.

I have two choices:
>Only gym
Or
>Train at home (only have a pull up bar)
>Muay Thai

I have until april next year to work as hard as I can, since I will be moving to another country to do my undergrad degree. Any advice?/Routines? (Im already going to the gym, until 15th next month then I can switch)

Just started doing BW like 3-4 months ago, droped from 75kg to 64kg, im doing youtube.com/watch?v=dbJLKesTltw this routine, 2 times a week each group and rest 1 day. Any tips? usually do around 9-10 reps of each. O yea im 1.73m. so i guess im doing fine. eating around 2k cals per day.

I'd recommend pic related instead. Also, download the book "Overcoming Gravity" on torrent. It's the bible of bodyweight exercises.

Fuck all I have at home is a pull up bar but I wanna do shit like this. I can't even do one pull up and max two chin ups.

anybody know a good calisthenics routine ?
i'm pretty good at pull ups i can do about 13 with good form and can do about 3 pull ups with 45 lbs wrapped around waist but i lack a structured program i want to start learning skills like handstand and muscle up

what do you guys do for posterior chain?

bridges and deep paused pistol squats work the posterior chain fine

fitloop.co or bust

just hold it or do back bridge push up?

do reps of bridges since we do calisthenics and don't really concern our selves with gaining a lot of mass because it's detrimental to bodyweight performance we also do high intensity sprints this also blasts the posterior chain

ghr, bridges. back lever?

i should add back lever

single leg romanian deadlift is good too

I'm lifting weights until I lose enough fat. Am I being retarded?

>falling for the leg day meme

Differences between shrimps and pistols? Bulgarian split squats are easy now and not sure which one I wanna work into my routine

shrimp squat work quads more

So, you guys moved here from /asp/? It's a shame really to see /asp/ go down with whole WWE shitposting. I thought mods gonna contain them into one general or something too bad whole board is dead now.

Anyway, wish you the best.

Thanks user, downloaded the book and ill start the routine tomorrow. Any tips for upper boddy? Feel like its going too slow and too uneven

Calisthenics is kind of slow in the first place, but it's a good idea to work muscle groups twice a week. That's what I did. For instance, I would do pullups one day and chinups a few days later. I did the same with pushups and dips.

So are shrimps basically superior in every way, or do pistols have some pros

pistols are harder. try to do both

For me shrimps are harder. I can do pistols like it's nothing but still struggle with shrimps.

I would liken pistols closer to a single leg squat having full range of motion and shrimps to a harder lunge variation working the quad.

youtube.com/watch?v=ib21LrgXGyA

I'm making a new routine, should i put isometrics first and then strenght/endurance for reps? So far it looks like this:
A:
-Handstand hold 3x
-Tuck planche hold 5x
-HPU 5x
-Weighted pushups 5xf / OAP 5x
-Leg raises 5x
B:
-Back bridges 5x
-Tuck front lever 5x
-Pistol squats 5x
-towel OAP 5x
-leg raises 5x

What should i add/change?

Did wrestling take over /asp/ entirely?

Thank you for this general, I am currently switching from weights training to bodyweight and all info is appreciated.

Will read the op links tomorrow morning

Whats my 1rm squat max if I can do 300 paused ass to grass bodyweight squats @240 lbs bodyweight

Honestly it would be hard to tell. Body weight squats for endurance aren't very comparable to maximum effort barbell squats. If you've never done barbell squats before you may even struggle getting 225lbs. I'd probably estimate somewhere between 200-300lbs.
Np, enjoy user

I don't know but how fast can i run if i can run 10 miles without stopping?

How fast do you run 10 miles

How do you guys organize what's in Foundations + Handstand?

I know I might be a little retarded, but I find the layout of the book really confusing. Like I'm not sure when to do what exactly, or how to progress.

Not OP but whatever is second will suffer performance.
For example i can do a front lever with 1 leg out but after sone pull ups i can barely do tucked.
I say you prioritize and switch it up every now and then.

I made a video of a routine that i used to do and the explanation of sets reps is explaimed in the description.
Basically i do a pull exercise, push exercise, a leg exercise and core one after another and repeat.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DQF6X4asBsA

What are yalls thoughts on the convict conditioning series

Ever heard of progressive overload?

My priority is powerlifting and my goals are to increase my total strength.

However I am lacking in terms of chin-ups I can do. I have gone from 12 full chins at 78kg to about 7 full chins at 88kg

How can I improve this number

Do 2-4 AMRAP sets everyday after your workouts

You won't always get the same number everyday but over a couple months if you go in one day after a coupel days rest from them and do an AMRAP set at the start of your workout you will be able to do a lot more. Called greasing the groove method

>Bodyweight
What to do with lower body? Especially with hips and posterior chain?

ever heard of gaining weight as you gain more muscle? ever heard of weighted pullups,chinups,dips and pushups?
i thought so.

> Especially with hips and posterior chain?
glute bridges,squats,lunges,sprinting,etc etc

This is nothing for someone who can deadlift 3 plates (except sprinting)