The Point?

So gentlemen,

What is your philosophy on lifting, and exercise? Health as a whole?

What do you see as the point of it all?

To get pussy

>Health as a whole?
living with a healthy body seems more enjoyable than living with an unhealthy one

to make up for my lack of personality

Got nothing better to do so why not get swoler/stonger

narcissism

That your body is a reflection of your lifestyle. Which is why I am so dissatisfied with it.

To improve yourself everyday.

>shallow reasoning

Sasuga, Veeky Forums

I need to surpass Kakarot!

consciousness and will-power

if you are not fit, you lead a lesser life.

"the point of it all"

there is no point of it all man. there is no divine purpose in life. get over yourself.

You live, then you die. Only thing we can do with our time is try to make it enjoyable.

turns out, lifting and exercising increase your happiness for a plethora of physical and psychological reasons. That's it.

bumping with more donut girl

>What do you see as the point of it all?
In the grand scheme of it all, our existence will be nullified in the blink of an eye compared to the planet, let alone the universe. As such, why not go about doing that which we enjoy?

To be superior

>tfw you'll never train in x10 earth gravity to be stronger than kakorot

One can only hope my dudes

seriously i would kill babies if it could give me a zenkai boost

That none of you lift for health and you should drop the pretext because you look silly. When you are 70 or obese or you're in physical rehab you lift for health. Otherwise you lift for status and pussy/cock. End of discussion.

>you will never lick her sugar ring donut and crumble her bread in to reach that jelly

>if you are not fit, you lead a lesser life.
Oh Veeky Forums

Better to be le edgy and deep.

That's categorically true, you fucking loser

This my nigga tbqhwuf

I like progressing, whether it be skilling on RuneScape or lifting heavier weights, it's all the same to me, I'm a little more proud of lifting though.

Who is this semen demon?

Or I don't know...just keep healthy ,stay with me here, then you won't be that 70 year old waste of space.

>categorically

Literally no one who actually cares about their future health lifts. They typically have a highly nutritious diet, do light cardio regularly and maybe some body weight stuff.

I lift and love lifting, but it certainly isn't for health.

>he shitposts behind a trip and he ignores the real world fact that he's still a fucking loser

I'm always looking to progress and better myself. With lifting there is always more weight you can push/pull or someone better than you.
I also strive to compete with others; i don't load more weight than I neede to just be more than the guy next to me.

>just keep healthy ,stay with me here, then you won't be that 70 year old waste of space.
Cracking nuts with a sledgehammer? Sad to see you resorting to such a poor argument so early on my dude.

who cares?

Kinda surreal that this even needs to be said. Bunch of apes itt

hit a nerve?

I'm lifting and doing Krav Maga because I'm preparing myself for the upcoming dissolution of society.
This may be /pol/ tier, but I genuinely think this is coming and I wanna be Veeky Forums to be able to defend my famalam

War.

"If You Want Peace... Prepare For War"

-CHILDREN OF BODOM

Its about balance and energy OP.

Exercise= used to prolong life, exhaust rage, sleep better, feel better, clear mind, better sex, positive thinking (endorphin release), pheromones upon release attract females...just make sure its clean sweat.. as in no garlic and other smelly chemical reactions that cause you to smell like dog.

strength, etc.

Therapy for multiple areas of ones life Breh.

If your body is fit than your mind an everything else should to a degree follow suit but first you have to make that mental commitment as if you need it to breath. Its all plus/upgrade OP

long comment, bored now doing jumping jacks

I 2nd This

wish there we people in my zip willing to partner up for training.

you reading or taking classes?

Is she really that fat now lmao fucking gross

Classes. My instructor is one mean SOB. Ex SAS (britfag) and BJJ/Kickboxer. I did judo and TKD so I'm learning good hostage situation techniques and disarms etc.
I know Krav is seen as a meme but fuck me it's effective

Lift to be better at sports, i like sports a lot. preparing for end of the world is some autist shut.

I agree about Krav and People meme the hell out of it but to their loss if they practice nothing,

Wish I had began training sooner Im behind and 30 come august firestorm.. inkling of harsher times ahead, might need to eat people.. O.O

>Krav Maga
Serious question about KM: How long does it take to get through each stage? I looked it up and it sounds like there are 3 stages.

Also around how much do classes cost?

>Another attention seeking tripfag
Filtered.

60$ in my area so I haven't joined as of yet, collecting items for marshal law, not that it would really help being as when its initiated all resources belong to Lucifer pups and raper squads cleaning up bodies...

-Depends on instructor and how quickly you pick up and enhance your awareness. thinking on your feet and knowing where most people are while you go on with your daily life. strength training and speed, like fast chess without rules?? bad analogy.

garlic is so fucking good for the body tho

Something to do, something to aim for, something to benchmark myself against other humans to remind myself I'm in the top 1% of males on this planet and that gives me confidence to feel like a KING.

I like to think of myself as a tank as /k/ and Veeky Forums are my main boards

Its really cool to thing of mini me's running around peering through periscopes or running the boiler room or the cockpit.

It's what gets me through the day or a hunt

>doing Krav Maga because I'm preparing myself for the upcoming dissolution of society.
Yes because being good at unarmed combat is useful outside of Jackie Chan movies.

Lifting helps me sleep at night. If I don't lift for 4-5 days I stop being able to fall asleep. I will just be laying in my bed staring at the roof for 5-6 hours thinking about nothing, feeling nothing and when I finally fall asleep I dream about nothing.

Lifting and cardio makes me focus on something else and not thinking about anything doesn't matter while lifting or running. When I come home I'm hungry so I eat and then I'm tired so I sleep. Wake up the next day and repeat just to avoid those hours in bed of absolut nothing

ok.. I'm more interested in doing it for practical reasons like being attacked in the middle of the night.. not fair tale end of the word scenario

anyway can you ball-park how long it would take to finish KM1?

Allow yourself to be teachable. Open your mind and don't be scared to get a whoopin'

understand and acknowledge the pain and power through.
good luck.

Yes this is true.

Oregano helps with blood flow and fight potetial cancers.

If you're ever sick a slice of raw garlic is a good chew-able... it sucks but you'll feel better after the taste is gone.

There will be blood and gun confiscation. While those without guns resort to the classic brawler tools than hand to hand is vital... groups are worse (mobs) running and keeping quiet and incognito is best.

Like Jackie Chan in most of his movies: "Please, I want no trouble". then the force to fight or flight. :/

But I understand.

Bruh my brother and I used to spar after we watched dbz. Got the shit beaten out of me plenty of times all in the name of reaching saiyan status. I'd kill to go full cocoon mode and train in that gravity chamber boi. Why be Yajirobe when you can train to be Goku.

>"If You Want Peace... Prepare For War"
Do you know, Children of Bodom weren't actually the first or most famous to say that?

Hi newfriend

I used to say it was for health. In the beginning I did, but the more I learned about health and fitness the more I realized that lifting isn't the best or only route.

As said

I now realize that I lift for
>My own vanity and vascularity
Feels good to look good
>To try and set a standard of what a man may accomplish so that my children will have a good example
I want my kids to be fit. I want more people in general to be fit. Hell, I want people to get so fit and push the body so hard that people start getting inspired to do superhero training as a regular thing (more parkour, more bone strengthening, more ultra-cardio, etc). I want people to believe that more is possible and try for harder stuff. It's so cool to see how far the body can go
>It's incredibly useful and beneficial (aesthetics + strength)
Again, it has intrinsic benefits. I would not deprive myself of them, or my children the proof of their benefit

You are not very clever. I am not disagreeing with your views you just type like a retard.

>was fat
>got fit
>got open heart surgery for something that should have killed me

I'd be an idiot to waste a second chance.

6 months if you're consistent. Some instructors act all wise and old and want to milk you for $$ and will say a year. (Keep your cardio up because of those potential late night attacks which ARE more possible).

Yes, but I was at the moment too lazy to search for it.

I'm typing to quickly, I agree with you.

>Some instructors act all wise and old and want to milk you for $$ and will say a year
This is in everything though. My old guitar teacher spend 15 minutes every lesson tuning my already in tune guitar

No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

these, also I'm scared of death so maximizing my longevity is important to me

its fun

Vanity to begin with. I started working out to get a better-looking body, since I was a complete stick figure before.

Now I just enjoy it. Being able to eat pretty much what I want without having to think about gaining weight much, since my TDEE is pretty high, is great. Being able to do certain things without feeling like shit the next day has also become a point of appreciation.
Plus being mired by girls never gets old, even if that's not the reason for lifting.

This

>Ex SAS
Sure he is senpai
was he second man on the balcony?

It is a essential part of being a man. You get a awareness of your body, train your mind and body and understand the meaning of discipline. Ofc it also helps you having a healthy body and mind, too.

>tfw your problem isn't your frame or even your face
>tfw you have no game whatsoever

>go to a party last night
>meet a lot of people
>a lot of casual convo
>but end up with a dry dick at the end of the night because you can't flirt for crap

It's literally the final frontier to lose my virginity. Help me.

TRY
HARDER

If you look good, you feel good.
If you feel good, you do good.
simple as that :-)

>approach women
>approach women
>approach women
>try to flirt
>get blown out
>keep practicing
>eventually you'll be good
Just like lifting

To be better at tricking. Gif related

if you lift and have gains then you're just fucking up and will never make it because you're a worthless faggot

That's fine
What is flirting exactly?
How do I display interest in a girl without telling her "I wanna fuck your brains out?"

How many years of practice does it take to get this good?

get strong
look good
feel good
being stronger than average carries plenty of advantages on its's own,even when i'm on the soft side i feel fantastic.

Personally I have one downside, I have a p bad psychological addiction to lifting weights

Read "Models" by Mark Manson, then go practice.

Sociopath detected.

There doesn't have to be a deep philosophical reason for everything you do, that's like chastising someone for driving a nice car because they don't have a real need for nappa leather seats a mercedes star on their hood and sweet sweet seat coolers, it's just fuckin nice

user gets it

Why the fuck wouldn't I lift.

Yes, but how'd you know?

No, there doesn't have to be. But deeper reasoning translates into deeper commitment, immersion, persistence and success. Each to their own, though.

>Pussy
>Not cute feet

Fag

The point in life is to enjoy it without hurting others. It's best enjoyed when you are improving yourself, which includes your physical health. By improving yourself, you are adding years to your life and are better able to enjoy life.

I hated life until I started exercising. It is what got me out of the funk i was in. I was mentally and physically broken. My depression and anxiety almost cripped me, and my physicsl health due to the sedentary life was making it 20x worse. When I got out and started exercising, I was better able to cope with everything. It has made my confidence skyrocket. I love going places just to run. I enjoy the scenery. The same with cycling. I enjoy lifting with my gymbros and the camadre amongest us to push ourselves. We enjoying hanging outside the gym and have many fun times even if we're just hanging out at one of their homes just to shoot the shit.

I wouldn't want to die thinking of what could have been. That's motivation enough for me to lift.

Children of bodom sucks, sorry bro

a life time of dedication

I life for a lot of reasons.

1. To feel capable, my job is a physical one, I need to count on my body to keep going.

2. feel good about myself. In the beginning it made me arrogant, now it just gives me confidence. Arrogance is the trap of exercise.

3. Goals. It feels good to achieve goals. Exercise is a easy way to do that.

>lifetime of dedication
>tfw 24
fugg

My honest reasons for lifting, in order of importance:

>it's fun
>makes me look better
>to get mired in the gym and in social settings
>to be stronger than the vast majority of the population
>to make smaller men feel intimidated
>sense of accomplishment after gym session
>it's good for you

Why are people like this?

I train to for the physical requirements of my chosen competitive team sport, so that I might excel at it; being physically fit and looking better (i.e. 'aesthetics') are just a side-benefit and not at all the point. Furthermore I personally believe that anyone who spends day after day in the gym performing some of the most high-risk exercises there are (squats, deadlifts) only for mere 'aesthetics', or worse, because they want to attract women, are complete idiots, wasting their time, and should just stay home and not further clog up already crowded gyms that could be being used by people like me, who have an actual valid reason to be there. These 'aesthetics' types need to just stay home and do bodyweight exercises, or something other than wasting time and equipment at a public gym. They're welcome to build a home gym, just stay out of the way of people who have an actual use and purpose for the level of fitness they're training towards.

Mostly narcissism.It's amazing seeing your insertions as you get leaner and leaner and looking and feeling stronger as you add more mass.I just want to see how far I can get with these genetics that have been passed from generation to generation until they were passed to me.
I genuinely believe 80% of females don't even care about body as long as you're not obese or super skinny and even those that do only care about chest,abs and shoulders.
Plus it feels nice to make other males feel small and weak just by being around them,they always act so insecure talking about how muscles don't matter and shit

Yeah, fuck all of those people who pay to use the gym's equipment. It should solely be reserved for people who train for their chosen competitive sport.

>anyone who spends day after day in the gym performing some of the most high-risk exercises there are (squats, deadlifts) only for mere 'aesthetics', or worse, because they want to attract women, are complete idiots
kek