Will taking modafinil fuck up my health?

Will taking modafinil fuck up my health?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17712350
twitter.com/AnonBabble

unlikely

It's a very strong carcinogen so yeah probably.

No ur still gonna be a fag

what the fuck are you talking about? literally nothing comes up on google

It's not worth it. Just get some sleep.

But I want to supercharge my brain desu.

what does this mean? if there are no adverse effects, there are no risks.

Yes. Contrary to what Veeky Forums thinks, every single drug out there have adverse effects. Mostly tolerance and dependancy. It can easily give you SNC symptoms and it can even cause a psycotic reaction because of no sleep. Also cardiac effects like hypertrophy, arrhythmia or even heart attack if you have an undiagnosed condition, like every amphetamine drug.

Work your schedule and sleep hygiene instead. Take this as last ressort and aim for Armodafinil instead, less adverse effects. Always the smallest dose possible to avoid tolerance and only as last ressort to avoid dependancy, ideally only 1 day per week in the morning.

t. medfag

>like every amphetamine drug
Modafinil is not an amphetamine. Not getting sleep is bad for your health tho. And its half life is a bit long for even taking in the morning and having a rest at night. But it also doesn't exactly stop you sleeping it just makes you not want to sleep.

It's major side effect is the diuretic thing. You need to drink a lot of water or you seriously risk kidney stones. A few peeps can have really very severe reactions to it as well but it's quite rare. And a few actually get nothing out of it at all.

>t. medfag
I seriously hope you're joking

It works with a different road but the result is similar. What it's even worse about modafinil is that it might fuck up your hippocampus and amygdala, fucking up your jugdement and even making you psycotic if you're sensitive to the drug. Hence why many users defend it so fucking hard.

Diuretic and kidney stones are small effects, those can be treated in a week, and it's mostly a diet/genetic thing.

Some people learn with books, teachers or practice and not Wikipedia, user.

>or practice
> not and
Digging yourself a deeper hole. And you're not in a position to criticise wikipedia. If you're really a medfag you ought to get in a position to be able to.

>What it's even worse about modafinil is that it might fuck up your hippocampus and amygdala, fucking up your jugdement and even making you psycotic if you're sensitive to the drug. Hence why many users defend it so fucking hard.
You're thinking of cannabis if anything. Or again amphetamines.

I dunno if this is sensible considering I'm p sure you're some kind of compulsive liar (tho the rest of the comment has likely encouraged you anyway) but what is worrying you exactly with modafinil and the hippocampus and amygdala?

Why do people feel the need to lie on an anonymous forum?

Frankly, it's all genetics.

George Burns smoked 300,000 CIGARS in his life.

THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND.

CIGARS.

He also drank a lot of alcohol.

HE LIVED TO 100.

THE GUY WAS A FUCKING CENTURY OLD.

And yet he did all the things we're told are bad. So how did he live so long?
>Oh! Oh! he must have drank loads of kale or did yoga or crossfi-
IT WAS HIS FUCKING GENETICS. That's why there are COUNTLESS teetollars who die early because they got fucked by genetics. As unfair and annoying as it is, health is pretty much determined ENTIRELY by genetics.

Do it. I take modafinil all the time, because I know it won't make any difference to my health either way. Frankly, if your genetics are good you'll be fine, and if they're poor you'll probably die of something else anyway.

>cigars

I mean you don't inhale cigar smoke so he wasn't fucking up too bad.

How much modaf do you take?

I've never taken more than a recommended dose, but this shit is for narcoleptics.

You simply will not sleep -- sleep is vital for gains and your general mental and physical health.

YES, it will absolutely fuck with your health

I will only take mod on days when I'm not working out, as it makes my heart rate skyrocket otherwise

I'll do 600mg adrafinil if i know i wont be able to sneak in a nap for a while

Doesn't that fuck with your liver more or something?

Hopefully.

Other than your skin falling off?

SJS is rare, same can happen with motrin.

Even if your skin is falling off just ignore it and let it run its course.

this tbqh senpai. when it comes to how long you'll live, it's basically down to this.

They're a waste of money if you're not actually narcoleptic

Haven't heard much about this, but thoughts on use in the military? Seems like a good deal to stay alert after a midwatch.

I mean its a prodrug it it just turns into modafinil after your liver is done with it so i guess, but your liver processes tons of shit i dont see how this would be bad. Just takes longer to load.

I used to take modafinil when I was working and going to school full time at the same time. Now I go to school full time and work part time.

Anyways, you have to be careful. I started becoming dependent on it, but I didn't realize how much the drug was fucking me up. I was barely sleeping at all, and the sleep deprivation made me extremely emotional and crazy. I basically had a nervous breakdown. I would start tearing up at even a smidge of stress or negative emotion.

If you do take it, only do it on a blue moon. Make sure that you'll be able to catch up on your sleep afterwards.

Same thing happened to me when I was taking it everyday. Would occasionally freak out on the come down and feel like i needed to smoke weed to balance it out which i was also addicted too and trying to quit at the time.

>tfw can focus without popping pills
>tfw high energy due to excelent nutrition and high test
>tfw can controll my own emotions
>tfw don't lack willpower
Feels good being normal and not need pills to be functional

The half life is insanely long (like ~18 hours), so you'll probs stay awake way longer than you'd like. They're trying to develop similar drugs with shorter half lives though (there's quite a simple one with a similar mechanism on some noot sites with a much much shorter half life, but that got dropped from real pharmacy development for some reason (I think it turned out to not be patentable or something). It's called hydrafinil).

Semax is also a decent short term wakefulness promoter but must be refrigerated.

Modafinil also is p heavy on the liver so it's just more load. You shouldn't take these if you have even the slightest hint of bad liver

You're going to need to back up these claims. Not being defensive but people want information not conjecture

Just have a coffee

There's a whole set of reactions around it like severe dry skin and ulcers. The ulcers thing can get pretty serious too and is much more common.

Says the anime watcher.

jesus, so many babbies in this thread. multiple studies point out modafinil is perfectly safe, it's been used for decades to treat narcolepsy and daytime sleepiness. reports of melting skin due to modafinil (SJS) are extremely rare, literally only a couple of cases are known.
i've been using it for about a year now. 150mg on weekdays, weekends off. there is no tolerance, I don't feel any different in the weekends than before I started taking moda. it's great stuff, especially if you're one of those people like me who gets sleepy during the day.

I am a Europoor. Where the fuck do I buy it from? I'm sick of paying out of my ass for some guy in the UK to resell me Indian shit.

Buy it directly from India. Armodafinil costs me 60 or 70 cents a tablet for the 150 mg ones.

I've taken a lot of this. The problem, it has a histamine effect and I started getting bruises all over my body and a shit ton of canker sores after about a week. It leads to early development of some diseases surrounding that fact, goes away after you stop taking it but those fucking bruises man. Scary shit. Just wokeup and my hand & thighs were fucking dark blue and red.

Been on it for 2 years. I take it roughly 3 days a week. Sometimes more sometimes less depending on my workload.

Ask what u want. Studies have shown that paracetamol is 10 times worse then modafinil for your body.

Nothing bad shown about it study wise and personally i have no experienced anything.

How do you find the peeing and have you tried taking bicarb to reduce it if you get it?

Peeing is fine physically. But you can expect a strong smell which is normal and alot of medications change the smell of your urine.

I asked a doctorb about this and he does not advise me taking modafinil due to its legal status (ausfag) but told me the smell is normal and not to abusive the shit.

>not taking racetams instead

I used to use Onemedstore which is durect from india. But expect a long delay in the shioment. My last batch took 3 months.

I use modfinilcat now.

I only take ArM and don't really get the smell at all (it's very slight if I don't drink enough water). It just makes me pee a lot. I was reading something about bicarb being a possible remedy so just wondered.

>modfinilcat
we currently don't ship to the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, ITALY

wew lad.

>onemedstore
Doesn't even open the website.

But thanks regardless.

Where do you buy it from and what country are you in=?

Pathway is not similar.

This is like trying to claim nicotine and caffeine operate on the same pathway.

Modafinil's adrenergic effects are minuscule, it has no/limited effect on vascular tone, and has little/no inotropic/chronotropic effects.

So the idea it's going to hypertrophy chambers of the heart or cause an arrhythmia are idiotic at best. Higher threat exists with caffeine consumption re: arrhythmia issues. Furthermore, ectopic beats secondary to stimulants aren't particularly serious or rare so not even sure why this is a point. Do you really think a healthy young person is going to work themselves out of sinus on stimulants?

In short, modafinil is a mild dopamine agonist, has mild SSRI properties, inhibits GABA production, promotes glutamate production, and probably a couple extra I can't be fucked to look up.

Finally, Modafinil is not recognized as being a high risk abuse drug and is low risk.

Source re: last comment: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17712350

Meant to reply to this with that post.

How the fuck do you handle it? When I was taking it regularly for exam cramming it fucked me up.

> it fucked me up.

How?

Any of you guys just take modafinil occasionally for when uni gets really tough? That's really the only time I would use it. I figure pop a pill at 8 pm or so before you're pulling an all nighter, then it should be mostly out of your system by the time you need to sleep the next day. Yay or nay?

adderall, ritalin et al are way more potent as a brain PED, and less sides (i.e. won't keep you up all night). So I wouldn't bother with modaf for studying.

First of all doing all-nighters is retarded and defeats the purpose.

You can't consolidate memory on 0 hours of sleep, so you're essentially going to atrophy nearly all the information you crammed in.

The way I use it is to take it at like 8-9 am on empty stomach, then look at the clock and realise you've been studying/working intensely for about 12 hours and still haven't eaten, shrug, go back to studying.

Seriously though, sleep is the most important part of studying. Kind of like how muscle is built outside the gym, so is your knowledge.

>pulling an all nighter

no, shit like this is why moda gets a bad rep. you can pull all-nighters with it, but you'll feel fucked up, and you won't retain the information you're studying.
being well rested+ moda is god tier.

>adderall, ritalin
>less side effects than modafinil

fucking lol, i hope you are trolling.

>literally

Dam seems like as an Italy fag I have to keep relying on UK resellers. Oh well who cares modafinil is awesome :3

What about shit like adderal or ritalin? I am assuming I can't get my hands on those without having to rely on le darkweb right?

Take at 7am and work till 7pm making sure i take a break for food and water. Not sure what you mean when you say it fucked you up.

I can understand staying up to late due to it not letting you sleep but then you just lower the dose and not taking it so late in the day.

But i had no problem taken 400mg-600mg if i wanted to stay up for 24-48 hours every now and then. I study full time and work full time as a construction project estimater.

Yes i would feel like total god dam shit afterwards but it got the job done.

tfw no matter how much those things are true everyone thinks you're autistic loser because of your love for anime.

If i took at 3pm i would sleep at around midnight the next day at best. More then likely it would be in the 2 or 3 ams depending on the dose.

United pharmacy and UK, they have a euro zone website too so I guess they ship to Italy.

>What about shit like adderal or ritalin?
Forget adderall and some of the ritalin analogues are better than actual ritalin (eg ethylphenidate although that isn't the best analogue).

Still legal in France afaik but I don't know how useful that is for you.

://www.onemedstore.com

Works fine for me.
I got the best deal from onemedstore and they even put a doctors prescription from Canada in the package.

But the service has gone down allloooottt. Expect them to just not place your order unless they feel like it and don't expect a reply from your messages more then once a fortnight.

Took 3 months to get my last order and i saved, what? $40 from a $250 order? Fuck that.

>inhibits GABA production
Another reason to take picamilon although there's almost like a conspiracy against getting it.

> what is throat & mouth cancer?

Thanks chappies. How easy would it be for a europoor to get shit like adderal or ritalin prescribed? I'm guessing I'd have to be proper fucked in comparison with the americans who can get this stuff easy peasy

I wasn't thinking of using modafinil for studying, but rather for finishing homework or projects that you have to finish ASAP. But what you propose is interesting; does modafinil help that much with focus? If you could really work twelve hours straight on it then I would fucking love that for a Saturday marathon work session.

Isn't it literally meant to stop you from sleeping though?

That late? I'm a pretty early sleeper so I don't think I could make it to even midnight unassisted.

Let me put it this way.
I worked full time and had to squeeze out 4 massive assignments in 2 days a couple times.

I took modafinil at 7am and worked for 36 hours and got it all done.

I got decent grades for them too.

The shit helps focus and get stuff down. Downside is it keeps you awake if you want it or not.