How did Down syndrome people survive before the advent of civilization?

How did Down syndrome people survive before the advent of civilization?

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Can-people-with-Down-syndrome-have-a-high-IQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they were treated as though they were mythical creatures

They didn't. Infant and child mortality were both very high through the history, so if you had any kind of serious defect your chances of survival to adulthood were pretty much nil.

downies are nice good natured people who thrive when given simple and mundane jobs

Down Syndrome is the result of nondisjunction, not genetic inheritance. It's a malfunction of the reproductive mechanism that can occur between any two fertile people.
>&Humanities

Infant mortality is down(heh) astronomicaly compared to olden times and people cant just leave their baby in the woods if it's head is kinda misshapen

Most cases of Down syndrome are not inherited.

it's a fuck up with parents DNA combination

Read
And
Pls be nice

They mostly didn't because down-syndrom often leads to problems with the growth of organs. Today there are ways to stop this.
Also many cultures probably killed them (Spartans).

Because it's not a gene, it's a chromosomal defect that generally occurs when the mother is old.

Became village idiots

Yup. Your average downie who survives into adulthood would have no problem being a useful contributor to a rural economy. Shit man a large number of downies in the current economy work and some even have IQs in the low 90s.

Requesting the webm where a downie sticks his sisters face in a birthday cake, injuring her eye and clapping like a fucking retard.

They got strapped to ploughs while the homesteaders take the day off.

They didn't. They were killed without mercy, just as I would have killed them in elementary school had I been allowed after they relentlessly assaulted me, sometimes sexually.

Question: Does Down Syndrome fuck you up in other ways besides making you mentally retarded and ugly?

Speak plainly, user. You want to know about their genitals.

Here. I would fucking kill all retards.

You can't reproduce

This. Downies are awful fuckers who should be aborted. They never amount to anything more than shelf packers at Wallmart and will be a strain on their family and on the state for the rest of their lives.

EUTHANASIA NOW!

They were made political leaders in Grossdeutschland and provided for.

See, we are more alike, than different.

What percentage of people throughout history have had fetal alcohol syndrome, that survived to adulthood?

The Greeks left such babies out to die.

You need farm laborers right?
>My son Jon is slow but has grown big and strong, he can help you with the harvest.

Downies have little testosterone and have a limited ability to put on muscle

Edgy.

I have an IQ in the low 90s
I thought that was normal

They became KINGS

This, all the mess hall employees on military bases are either ex-cons or downies, its really difficult to get a job like feeding Marines wrong

Are marines not selective in what type of crayons they like?

What business do you have with persons with down syndrome? Should the state have aborted you? I still have yet to find a job for myself, so honestly I should be aborted for my lack of contribution to society, not some downie who has more of a sense of hardwork than i do.

Only in garrison

Based.

Right, but they're a little pickier when it comes to lighter fluid.

Spotted the downie.

Kek, they didn't.

This. 80% of the individuals with DS I've met were much more kind and untroubled than your average normie. They often have strange amounts of physical fortidude/strength as well. They would have been laborers and whatnot.

Downies are extravert, slightly narcissistic and tend to age oretty rapidly. Heart disease and Alzheimers are common when they reach their 50’s

this face is so beautiful

no he means some down sydrome people have IQs like that. Its actually very rare for them to have more than 70 IQ but a few have some in the mid to upper 80s...ive never heard about any in the 90s but i bet its possible

holy shit i thought mong strength was just a legend

>One person I know with DS has an IQ equal to mine. She became a veterinarian.

>So yes.

>All you have to do is preserve the beneficially wired neurons in the fetal brain during the pruning phase of infant development, which is from birth to two years of age. In DS, elevated levels of hydrogen peroxide from over-expressed SOD-1 on the 21st chromosome causes excessive apoptosis. This begins when infants are born and start breathing air for the first time. So if you start at birth and keep the peroxide-scavenging systems at full induction, the over-pruning of brain neurons following birth is normalized and IQ is preserved. This involves preventing both iron and selenium insufficiencies. Iron is the cofactor for catalase. Selenium is the cofactor for glutathione peroxidase. If iron and selenium are not insufficient, catalase and glutathione peroxidase induction is optimized. This prevents the vast majority of brain over-pruning and normalizes IQ such that the second and third standard deviation on the IQ curve is still well populated.

>A deeper and longer explanation can be found in the Down's Syndrome Collection, an 85-page free PFD download at Project Wellbeing (on the "Steve" page).

quora.com/Can-people-with-Down-syndrome-have-a-high-IQ

It is kind of a legend as there's little research on the topic. My theory is that the adrenaline in their system is activated more easily than the average person thereby granting them "hysterical strength".

some tribes probably worshipped them a s living gods

Lmao

Average is 90 to 110, you're good

100 is the average.

micro-phallus, not that it matters much

Down family member has held a paying job longer than anyone in my family

Are you a nigger or a Cletus?

jesus christ

They have no “limiter.”

Instant real life SSJ2 strength.

parents killed them

excellent

Ever heard about retard strength? It's a real thing

And 90-110 is 1 standard deviation, 70% of the population, "average" or normal if you will