Does anyone else feel like they're wasting time on this terrible, pessimistic website?

Does anyone else feel like they're wasting time on this terrible, pessimistic website?

I swear the negativity, shitposting and forced memes rubs off on you and affects you mentally.

Does anyone else want to quit coming here and focus on life gains instead? Thinkimg of all the money I could've earned or new things I could've learned instead of Veeky Forums makes me depressed as fuck
Veeky Forums ruined my life, does anyone feel this way?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_of_missing_out
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mate I have an 800kg total at 93 because I love lifting but I sure as hell don't stay here. I'm only here because other boards are slow today - keep Lifting but browse something like /tv/ instead. Much more positive and not full of retards who don't know what they're on about trying to give advice and critique others.

>/tv/
>not full of retards

Guessing you're a manlet, huh?

I'll take bane posting and anvil/falcon jokes any day compared to skinny fat autistic telling me that deadlifts will "send me to snap city brah"

Even plg is a trip fag circlejerk

I used to exclusively browse Veeky Forums, but recently started /pol/.

Too much time on Veeky Forums is a very bad idea.

No one is forcing you to stay here. You're the only one who keeps coming back, m8. The more you pick up on the repetitions the easier he gets. Seriously, you have high test threads almost every day, a bait thread making fun of natties posted by a shamed roider every once in a while, threads that concern manlets, jawlets, wristlets, etc, almost everyday, then you have the CBTs which are posted everyday and they are always predictable as fuck, the generals are posted everyday and are nothing more then tripfag drama, etc, etc. Every other board operates in the same fashion. /tv/ is another predictable board that is more shitposting than actual discussion, I'm pretty sure at least two or three cuckold/BLACKED threads have already been posted. OP, the sooner you realize this the easier it gets to avoid this shithole. I only come here a few times a day for a couple of minutes (mainly browse), and then I piss off.

>Guessing you're a manlet, huh?

I'm 5'11 (so yes according to Veeky Forums I'm a manlet who needs to commit suicide right away)

>OP, the sooner you realize this the easier it gets to avoid this shithole.

Eh.

I've been here for like 4-5 years now. It started subtly to be honest.

First I browsed for ~3-4 months maybe once a week for 30 minutes
>Haha what a weird site, dumb memes. These people are crazy, whoa so many infographics and funny images. Better save them all

Then eventually I was spending a few hours every other day
>Oh wow this place is so satirical, lmao I can't believe the "Veeky Forums neckbeard" thing. Everyone here is normal but they're just fucking around, I'm sure of it. I'll never be like one of those people depicted

Spending a few hours every day, religiously now
>Just subtly getting sucked in

After a while I just constantly had 3-5 threads up at any given time on 2-4 boards.

Making b8 threads all the damn time on Veeky Forums, /pol/, /int/, Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, /g/, fucking everything.

And eventually Veeky Forums was the thing I checked before I fell asleep, the first thing I checked when I woke up and showered/got ready for the day. The thing I checked at work, the thing I checked walking somewhere, talking to someone, just waiting for shit in general.

idk how to quit now desu

I miss health and fitness. It brought in all the mental health feel threads and great memes from the crazy personalities that would visit.

I feel like most people here are just trying to relive those lols one more time b4 leaving forever and its just not happening.

help me!

There's was a warning on /b/ I'm not too sure if it's still there but let me check.
>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
>Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
Don't take the shit you read on here seriously, nerd.

Fuck you.

You're here forever.

n-no, say it isnt so

>!!GAHVpvLOHfn

That's a cool whatever. I'm never reading it, you piece of shit

You see that X in the top corner of the browser?

CLICK IT AND NEVER COME BACK!
YOU THINK BRAD PITT FUCKING BROWSES Veeky Forums TRYING TO MAXIMIZE GAINS? NO HE JUST FUCKING DOES IT AND FUCKS STACY WHILE EATING PIZZA AND REPING 4PL8.

YOU HAVE TO DECIDE TO LEAVE

then why are u here m8

If I roll 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 0 I'm leaving forever

>inb4 see you tomorrow ;o)

Because I don't want to leave, I'm too comfy with the instant gratification that I get from shitposting and posting dank memes... Had a girl just break my heart so I'm recovering x.x

K.

help me trapbrah

i wrote all that shit out to you but you won't even acknowledge it

I don't know how to help you, m8. I've been here since the years of Zyzz. Even if you so happen to leave this place behind you'll still come back eventually. This place stays with you forever. Seriously, it's the same thing almost every single day, I don't really know what you do in your personal life but maybe you just need to add more to your plate. Keep yourself busy, read a book, write, go out with some mates or whatever. It's just like beating your meat. You either get a gf and see no need to rub one off anymore, keep yourself (and your mind) busy and cut it down to once or twice a week, or you beat it off everyday. Just like browsing this place, you will never be able to go completely cold turkey.

93kg or 93 years old?

The only other board I visit is /co/ and /diy/. I used to visit /g/ but it's like /v/: the hardware now.

Post more pics you inspiring swole cunt

>You either get a gf and see no need to rub one off anymore, keep yourself (and your mind) busy and cut it down to once or twice a week, or you beat it off everyday. Just like browsing this place, you will never be able to go completely cold turkey.

I get you and often i do try to keep my schedule filled at much as possible and I limit my time here. I instantly feel better within 1-3 weeks, but then I do something like browsing Veeky Forums for "5 minutes just to see how it's going" on my phone during my rest at the gym, or on break at work. Then I just sucked into the whole thing again.

I need to get out but I simply can't. I thought a job, gf, lifting harder or studying would help me but it only blocks up some time where I don't come here. Fuck this shitty website

....I have gotten the best advice and people who cared to talk to me from this website.

Better than any of the nigger faggots at Reddit.

I don't understand the "this site is cynical and depressing" meme came from. Every time I see pathetic stories in feel threads, there's always a few anons helping each other out. When someone posts their fat ass body becoming a fat body, people encourage them and tell them they're going to make it.

Like, come on. Do you only focus on the obvious trolls and b8?

Tbh Veeky Forums is pretty dank except for the alcoholic threads

>....I have gotten the best advice and people who cared to talk to me from this website.

I can honestly say there's probably been ~5-7 times I've gotten legitimate, helpful and useful advice from somebody that I couldn't find elsewhere on the internet more efficiently in around 5 years of browsing here.

>Better than any of the nigger faggots at Reddit.

Don't think I can agree. Reddit tends to have much more concise stickies and people who aren't faggots answering questions, the usefulness of being able to ban shitposters and tell someone is a well contributing member who's advice should be listened to is helpful as well.

>Like, come on. Do you only focus on the obvious trolls and b8?

You're just seeing what you want to see it and blocking it out, or arguing for the sake of arguing.

Srsly open up the catalog of any major board and look at the first 20-25 threads. Almost all of them are googleable-questions, shitposts, trolling/b8 or just completely retarded and unrelated.

Actually, don't.

I just went through the trouble of doing it for you. Pic related is catalog like 1-2 minutes ago.

Red "x" marks signify completely unrelated/ r9k shit / google-able threads.

Green marks signify passable fitness-related thread.

what the fuck do you think?

Opps zoomed in too hard and missed the 4 threads to the side.

Military thing is fine, bench press - squat thing is fine.

The "just" thing about meme piana is barely even related to fitness.

The fat people hate thread is just shitposting by ex/current-fatties to make themselves feel better but humiliating more pathetic people than they are.

You need to realize that you won't miss much. Every couple of months, at most, the only thing that happens is that some figure in the industry does something and Veeky Forums talks about it (even then it's shitposting, like with the recent event with Rich Piana), either that or some "well known" trip does some shit, gets doxxed or something and that's about it. Apart from that it's the same old same old. If you're an experienced lifter then you shouldn't be spending more then 15 or so minutes on this board. Zyzz won't be coming back with a timestamp anytime soon to tell us that he was alive the whole time. You aren't missing anything, user. Keep living your life and try to keep this shithole out of your mind as much as possible.

Of course. I rarely ever come on Veeky Forums anymore and I'm so much more level headed and sociable now. I notice that whenever I spend extended periods of time on Veeky Forums for consecutive days I become noticeably more stressed out, anxious, and insecure. Normally I'm pretty confident and cheerful but I found a direct correlation between my Veeky Forums use and my overall stress and anxiety levels. I only come back when I have legitimate fitness questions and that's about it now.

>You need to realize that you won't miss much

FUARK. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_of_missing_out
is my problemo

I keep thinking somehow... "Man what if there's some insane, groundbreaking new training or nutrition technique out now that will revolutionize my training that I've been missing out on, I absolutely need to check the catalog". But in reality it's all bullshit, and anything I want to learn or find out about I can just google or look at my youtube subscription feed or look at some blogs I follow to up-to-date myself on everything if need-be.

You're right. Veeky Forums really is the worst method of getting information.

>If you're an experienced lifter then you shouldn't be spending more then 15 or so minutes on this board

Totally, I've noticed that's the same way with most boards anyway. There's SOME useful information but then you get marginal returns and then a complete plateau of new information. Generally that "useful information" is the sticky, a couple of board-specific things or a few questions people generally post in their first 6 months of lifting before absorbing maximum info from it.

--- You don't know how many hours I've spent arguing with fucking retards on this website about shit that doesn't even matter, which I probably never even changed their opinion on. Only gotten angry and frusturated

Once I get GF I'm never coming here again.

youre all faggots, please seek help

peace

>tfw you are the reason why Veeky Forums is so shit

feels good man

>tfw lost 4 kg thanks to 4 chan and shitposting
>tfw less pessimistic because thanks to Veeky Forums i see that there are people who are more retarded than i

nah,if anything this site makes me feel better about myself

There was a thread today on /mu/ where a guy said something about being raped 2 times.
Not only did he get sympathy, but it wasn't pity, people even said he should have known better the second time.
The guy thanked them for their concerns and said it didn't really make him sad or hurt, just angry.
There's an interesting breed of comradery here.

>tfw after talking about having a terrible experience with one of my favorite artists the other day someone replied with "that's cute"
T-Thanks Veeky Forums.

haha, jokes on you. I had a gf and I still came here. Then she dumped me, so I had more time to come here.