What's the things that made the biggest difference to your training?

What's the things that made the biggest difference to your training?

For more than a year I couldn't progress on my squat. I have a very short torso and very long femurs and arms, as well as shit flexibility and incredibly weak quads from years of terrible posture playing video games - basically perfectly designed to be shit at squatting. No matter what, as soon as the weight became even slightly challenging, my hips would shoot out of the hole and I'd end up like pic related. This is horrible form and inevitably I ended up fucking up my back, knees and even my elbows.

I started adding higher rep front squats suddenly my back squat started improving again. In the end I replaced back squats with front squats for a couple months and the gains were fantastic. You cannot lean forward whilst front squatting. Either you get it with good form or you fail. This means I could go balls to the wall with good form. Also, in terms of muscles worked, it's much more similar to the back squat than most people think.

Another thing was pausing EVERY bench rep for at least half a second on the chest. I don't even attempt PRs without pausing.

Paused DL
Block pulls
Deficit deads

Increasing my rest between workouts and doing rest pause max instead of sets, and micro weights. Was able to bench 275, squat over 400, and deadlift over 500, all injury free.

I like front squats better but I want more athleticism and that comes from squatting

pausing at the top of the rep?

I pause just off the floor, right below the knee

Starting to do short sets with long rests rather than 8-12 with 1-2 minute rests.

Finally finding a squat stance that didn't snap me up for months the instant I attempted to squat, a year and 5 months into working out.

Doing back squat like i do front squat helped me increase my max.

Long femur, short torso reporting in.

Squat is by far my strongest lift. I always found the movement natural. Didn't even know anything about leverages and my squat would be so much better than my DL and bench and I was surprised when I found out about what leverages helps the squat.

Biggest difference is getting your reps in and greasing the groove. The movement is a skil so pracitce the movement so it becomes second nature.

This move when i started lifting and didnt have any flexibility, i still do it with empty bar to maintain it.

Forgetting about abs and eating more/training harder.

You are a very rare case

Variety.

The big four are damn good lifts, but treating them as the be-all and end-all of training led to a lot of roadblocks. If I'd been more willing to make use of variations like deficit pulls, floor presses and so on (and do more assistance work properly, instead of half-arsed waving around of weights whenever it came time to do curls or raises or anything else light) I'd probably have gone further faster.

This matters a bit less if you're a powerlifter or oly lifter because you have to be good at the competition lifts, but random gym lifters shouldn't be so wedded to using them as the centrepiece of every training session.

what do you mean by "rest pause max"

Always struggled with benching. Never felt like I was doing it right and never felt soreness in my chest. My hands are longer than normal. The big difference was when I benched with a wider grip and switched to flat footed form to utilize more leg drive. I finally felt sore in my chest and started PRing every week since then. Too bad its a bit too late and im nearing a 4 plate squat and 5 plate deadlift but still cant bench 2 plates for even a single. For 1 rep maxes im at 200 bench 380 squat 455 deadlift. At least I know what works and doesnt. Doing AMRAPs and spoto press (paused bench) also tremendously helped. Looking to get to 2 plate single in like a month and maybe repping it in another month, wish me luck boys

Weighted dips

fat fuck detected

As I've been progressing in weight on my front squats (starting to get close-ish to my back squat weight), I find that I have trouble with the wrist on my non-dominate hand bending too far backwards.

Doing front squats has definitely helped me break my back squat plateau. Also doing both high and low bar back squats helped.

I didn't squat or do when I first started working out. i was taught by a curl bro. After 8 months or so I started working out with another friend who insisted on these things and the gains were dramatic.

Also dips, these really helped my chest and triceps.

This

Timing my rest between sets. It makes my workout more structured and I lift mire effectively.

But how do you even do it without good flexibility?
I stretch after every workout and I'm still not able to assume a solid back squat form, let alone front or overhead like you're suggesting.

>filming sets
>counting grams of protein (too lazy to count other macros thus far, but that's changing)

wear wrist wraps

>filming sets
Forgot this, really important if you don't squat ATG

what? atleast i party and u dont ;) for ur information i get a lot of pussy. more then you could ever think of HAHAHAA ;) so before you call someone fat make sure you know who you are talking too ;) because they might be better then you at some stuff like getting pussy and head. I got to go my girlfriend is calling right now she wants to know if i want to have sex with her ;) i bet you dont even have a girlfriend pussy ;) i bet you have a boyfriend or something ;) HAHA well toodaloo and guess what teenagers sex isnt hard to get.. you just got to try hard enough and you will get sex. sex is amazing

pce pussy ;)

going ham. Never pussying out when I think I can do one more etc.

also supersets / dropsets

do cold static stretches every day

i stretch for 45mins-1hr before going to sleep every day