My shaker was filled with some whey left-overs for a few days. It stank fucking disgusting when I finally opened it...

My shaker was filled with some whey left-overs for a few days. It stank fucking disgusting when I finally opened it. I scrubbed it and put it inside the dishwasher. It still seemed to have some powder traces stuck in the bottom, though, and I couldn't get them out no matter what.

The smell seemed to have subsided a little, though, so I drank some whey from it because I am retarded. It tasted fucking disgusting and I stopped drinking it halfway through.

What do I do? I can stand the taste, I guess; but I want to know if it is still safe to drink from it. Could there be trace amounts of mold in it? Can they fuck me up, now that I drank some from it? What about the whey stuck in the bottom?

Other urls found in this thread:

modernsurvivalblog.com/survival-kitchen/bleach-water-ratio-for-drinking-water/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mix 50/50 water and vinegar and shake it for two minutes straight. Rinse it well and scrub it again.

It's fine. You're not going to die or some shit. But I'd just toss it and get a new one. Once those things get stank, I've never found a way to get rid of it.

How about washing it!!!!?

Wash them up for good with soap and hot water, once your done scrubbing them add some soap and water and leave it out in the open for a day. Rinse it out and it should be clear of smell if not, let air out outside in the sun

ayy I have that shaker.

also throw it out and get another it's like a 2€ shaker.

My shaker smell like death but I drink from it because I'm not a pussy

This
Have you guys never washed dishes before?

I'm telling you. I have scoured those things in water, soap, bleach, sunlight, chlorine, and just about everything. If you've really let the funk settle in, there is no turning back. (I left mine in a car in the AZ sun for about a week, and that was it).

if you put some water in it and freeze it, then dump it immediately after thawing you can get rid of some trace scent particles. i got rid of a real heavy stench that way after a few freeze/thaws (post wash ofc)

Guys, I tried washing it. I said so in the OP. It does not work.

I am not asking if I can get rid of the smell, I am asking if it is safe to use.

Not mine, just sarched "shaker" on Google.

It smells bad because it's literally fucking dead protein you faggot

>I am not asking if I can get rid of the smell, I am asking if it is safe to use.

Safe u dumbass.

Just fucking wash it with hot water and try to scrub it with a brush thing. It will smell like ass but it's completely fine.

Mine smells like pure asshole if i don't wash it immediately after i drink from it but i still do anyways, it's not that big of a deal unless u vomit like a lil bitch

Wash with bleach.
Soak for a while.
Rinse well and dry thoroughly.
Store without lid.

>Wash with bleach.

>On plastic that you drink from

Brilliant.

Buy another.

not even everclear can fix the stink.
Live with it, or get a new shaker.

I asked myself this question once. The answer was "it'll be fine, I'll buy a new one tomorrow"... And I've been drinking stinky shakes ever since.

To get the hardened bits of whey from the bottom, if you REALLY want to. I use steal wool. Gets pretty much all of it out.

The smell will still be there though. And it will be there after a few weeks of buying a new one too.

I think I've only ever washed one out of my probably 80+ shaker cups over the years. Since then I just rinse before use and then throw it out when it becomes so unbearable that my dog hides when I open it.

You realize you can ingest small amounts of bleach and be fine right? In a pinch you can disinfect dirty water to drink with a capful of bleach per couple gallons. modernsurvivalblog.com/survival-kitchen/bleach-water-ratio-for-drinking-water/

However, my I initial recommendation of vinegar is still best to actually clean it. Vinegar is a weak acid and will dissolve the film in the shaker.

Jokes aside:

Put it in the freezer for 24 hrs and then wash it again.

problem solved.

I leave mine to soak in soapy water overnight, rinse it in the morning, and load up.

Seconded. Why are people such pussies?
Dirt under your nails are good for immunesystem.