What's forking the altcoins

what is a fork and why is it having such a large effect on the crypto market?

i googled it,
and from what it said, it's nothing too serious

so either it's a hard fork, in which case the software just needs to be updated, right?

or a soft fork, where it doesn't matter at all

why is this fucking over all these altcoins?

Everyone wants that btc gold user. The king is back

Yeah but this is just a fork atm..

Next month BitCoin will spoon and that will be a bigger issue..

Everyone wants free forkies, after the fork alt coins will pump so hard your dick will explode... literally. Put all your monies in to alts right the fuck now or regret it forever.

You get free bitcoin gold and bitcoin segwith2x.

Lots of free money. Bitcoin gets more valueble because we get lots of "dividends" if this continues.

All altmarket is gonna bleed hard until november.

shit, so i should sell all my portfolio now right?

It's kinda late for that... unless you were smart and moved into XRP prepump. Problem with BTCgold will be trying to offload it fast enough and put your money back into alt coins before they pump. It will happen fast as shit.

> Store your BTC on an exchange
> Sell BTCG instantly and buy whatever alt coin you want
> ??????
> Profit

no you fucking idiot, does sell all my alts at a loss to buy btc at an ath sound like a good fucking idea? Btc will plummet because of these forks, its going to be a race to dump the forked coins then fresh investors will loose thier faith in btc and people will pump money back into alts. You'll recover any alt losses and then some.

Buying alts now is a really stupid idea.
The bloodbath has just begun.

no one is going to be there to buy your bgold/chink coins. remember every seller needs a buyer. people creating altcoins and airdropping them to bitcoin holders doesn't give some chink coin value.

Yeah desu none of this shit makes any sense. It is literally trying to create value from nothing, a lot of people are going to loose so fucking hard on this.

thanks for trying to be helpful,
but i was kidding

^ this guy was talking about BTC spooning,
which I assume is a nonsense term, so i was just fucking around

you mad bro?

the only benefit of events like this are a whole bunch of these alts that will never recover, culling the heard

I still don't get why this is making all the other coins go down?

What do you all think we should do? for the next couple weeks all alt coins are gonna drop and the main ones are gonna keep growing? How we planning on making money in the mean time?

Everyone is dropping those coins and moving there money int the main coins man

shitcoin value is linked to Bitcoin - you need Bitcointo purchase shitcoin.
Bitcoin goes up = shitcoin value goes down.

Also there are atleast once ICO every day - so you need bitcoin to buy new ICO which further pushed up price of Bitcoin.
Its a shitty circle which wont stop unless new ICO are bought through bank transfer but the Jews will never let that happen.
BItcoin gone up $300 dollar today wtf.

You sell all your BTC just before the fork... the price of BTC will likely plunge as everyone rushes back into alts desu

When? They said "mid November". But what block will fork use to give out free coins? Was it mined already? Or no? If it's true, why doesn't BTC value skyrocket? It hasn't been even 10% increase.

Sorry, I have found out. It's another fork. What do I do now with my alts?