So, when does lifting cure my crippling depression?

So, when does lifting cure my crippling depression?

Lifting alone won't do it, but developing healthy sleep habits, drinking lots of water and eating nutritiously will help.

It doesn't. There is no cure.

But, lifting does help to treat it.

It doesnt. Meds do. Take them !

Speaking from experience. Also:

lifting will only cure your depression if it's the main culprit of at least one of the main culprits for it. you have to tackle that which is causing your depression, lifting on it's own isn't a cure all for everybody- just those with self image issues.

>You have to tackle what causes you depression

But there's no way to get girls if my face sucks, user

If you can't get girls because you're ugly as shit, learn to accept that fact and you'll be a lot happier. It's either that or get surgery.

you're probably not as much of a monstrosity as you're making yourself out to be. everybody can take measures to have at least a decent-looking face. girls are more into personality confidence physique and even style usually

When you begin to focus all of your negative energy into it.
Simply dwelling on all of those things and not doing anything about them will kill you just as quickly as a bullet.
You'll feel like you're accomplishing something, that you're spending that energy on something worthwhile, and the endorphins and feel good energy will drown out all of the negativity.

The good food and good nights sleep later on will make you feel like a whole person again.

Also, clean up your diet and try to get some sun. Both of those things have been proven effective in dealing with depression.

One last thing.
The black dog is a visitor you'll just have to expect and make a place for.
It will be an infrequent yet constant companion and you're just going to have to learn to deal with it for the rest of your days.

Sorry.

Lexapro helps immensely.

Drugs don't help at all.

It doesn't help for me but I will say this. When I'm at the gym, thinking about my ex doesn't stop me from giving it my all. I don't feel like shit there, I feel awesome making advancements in my lifts.

Outside of the gym I'm a depressed faggot.

>Veeky Forums edits comic to expand narrative of depressed people being insufferable inherently, not because of the actual reason (which is depression)

welcome to hell

Ah, but what you don't understand is: I went through this shit, so I know what I'm talking about.

I even fell for the 'antidepressant/SSRIs' meme for a few years -- and it almost killed me. People who knew me back then, once I got off the stuff (it took YEARS for the side effects to go away) told me that I wasn't even acting like a human being anymore.

So I got off the shit, and never looked back.
I learned to identify what's 'depressing' me, and either FIX THE PROBLEM if it was something I could do something about, or IGNORE IT if I had no control over it. I also learned how monitor my own moods, and when I determined that I was starting to be depressed, work through it and decide WHY I was feeling that way -- and stop it before it took root.

Also, not allowing yourself to become isolated helps.
Also, yes, regular physical activity helps.

Finally: 'Not being a perpetual victim' helps quite a bit.

So: Rather than being a sad cunt all the time, INDENTIFY AND FIX YOUR PROBLEMS, one way or another. Most people do not NEED antidepressant shit that ruins your brain, they need to learn to HANDLE THEIR OWN SHIT IN LIFE. Antidepressants are only popular because it's cheaper for the healthcare industry than actually teaching people to handle their own problems in life.

Don't fall for the 'antidepressants' meme!

Direction, Desire & Discipline.

つづく

My antidepressants didn't hurt me but they didn't work so I just quite them after like 2 years and the shrink said I would be sorry. Because my depression will come back and I'll have withdrawal. I had neither. I think I was just an angsty teen at then time I started them and slowly got happier as I stopped giving a shit around 19. I think they may help some people but if you don't feel any different after 6 months just go to a therapist and solve to problem from the root which is usually pretty obvious once you think for a while.

But what if I don't want to go on meds again considering the last time I went on them, I tried killing myself?

So what if part of my problem is a lack of friends if that lack of friendship stems from a) being an insufferable cunt in the first place (partly due to depression, which contributes to cyclical bullshit), and b) being pretty unable to find a niche to fit into given certain health/lifestyle problems?

From this goofy book, Jitterbug Perfume:

When you're unhappy, you get to pay a lot of attention to yourself. And you get to take yourself oh-so-very-seriously. Your truly happy people, which is to say, your people who truly *like* themselves, they don't think about themselves very much. Your unhappy person resents it when you try to cheer him up, because that means he has to stop dwelling on himself and start paying attention to the universe. Unhappiness is the ultimate form of self-indulgence.

try psychedelics instead. I hate anti-depressants, deliriants and psychedelics helped me more than any of the ones I was prescribed

It doesn't. You're still the same person inside, fat or fit.

I'm afraid to because I don't know how it would affect my body given my health problems, and I don't think I have the capacity to handle a bad trip if I was to have one

if you're afraid then try salvia (x5 extract or leaf) or 4-ho-met (5mg). bad trip not possible at low doses. SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN to increase outlook on life, raise overall mood and help resolve internal struggles

NO

Simply when u truly commit to it.

Lfiting alone will give you a great pump
A pump will boost your confidence and happiness for a short peroid of time
Gains will result in general confidence and happiness

Depressed user's Protip:
Take mushrooms, you will feel more connected with people and nature
When taking mushrooms, do your homework and create a good setting

You bottle that shit up until you die
>was a faggot as a kid and cried a lot made a vow to not show weakness
>gets Veeky Forums
>ccat died today and while u wanted to sob and weep but i just let out some tears
He had a heart problem and there was nothing I could do.

Never. Depression means you're dumb., No cure for being dumb

some happy people workout but it's not the reason they're happy
lifting weights should be just one of the things you do. an addition to your life which makes it better
working out alone will literally never make you happy. just like buying 1000$ tires for your 500$ car won't make it a 50 000$ car
work on things that really matter in life. if you're focusing on the gym, instead of treating it as a hobby, you're fucking up

10 years of philosophy and betterment
Highly nutritious diet, always +2 litres water
Lifting
Lots of sleep

Only thing that helps.

Although my depression is confounded by being unemployed. Being a white male wih a stem degree in a progressive leftist shit hole city is suffering.

Emotions are for women, OP.

you gotta stop jerking your weiner to anime too bud

its a combination of those two