Is Christianity a Roman religion?

Is Christianity a Roman religion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ak74TpPCsHs
youtube.com/watch?v=VlBJpObJhDU
youtube.com/watch?v=l--pgx632fg
youtube.com/watch?v=51PcjmeG0hA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Christianity is the worship of the martyred Julius Caesar (Jesus Christ)

I would say it is mostly a Greek one.

no it´s multiculti
jewish theology, greek philosophy, roman aesthetics, pagan fun and a bit of egyptian and iranian memery

That's retarded. Also Caesar wasn't a martyr. He was a shit politician who's undderhandedness killed the republic.
That son of a bitch.

julius was jewish
no. romans hated christians. Their God(s) declared war on Troy alongside the greek gods

Now thats a religion for me

Christianity doesn't belong to any race or nation, it transcends those boundaries.

No. Christianity is the perfection of Judaism, with Jesus being the long anticipated Jewish Messiah.

Rome was pagan, and took their cues from pagan Babylon. As Christianity grew more and more, and attempts to eradicate Christianity had the opposite effect, Rome subverted and perverted Christianity by creating Roman Catholicism.

Which is nothing more than Babylonian paganism with different, and Christian, names. But retaining all the pagan influences, culture, festivals, rites and rituals, etc.

Rome has nothing to do with Christianity, never has, never will. Look at their record. Crucified Jesus, crucified Peter, beheaded Paul; they are the enemy. They threw Christians to the lions. They threw unarmed Christians into the Coliseum against armed gladiators. They bound and tarred Christians and burned them alive to light their parties at night.

They are satan's children, then and now.

Those are two entirely different people.

Divus Iulius vult!

>born in Israel
>which gotten Hellenized
>is now a Roman province
>Armenia is the first to adopt it
>Constantinople was the first to make it wide-spread
>Western European Christianity HQ is Rome
>but is spread by the Germans
>whose leader is now Argentinian
>lot of things you know about it came from Augustine of Egypt

it's all over the place

No, its a pagan religion

Yes

In your dreams, peasant

Interesting perspective.

t. historically illiterate protestant

No, it is a Greek religion created by Paul of Tarsus who made up a bunch of stuff about Jesus, who was probably a teacher who got crucified for one reason or another, and sold to people who didn't know the Hebrew scriptures enough to call him out on his bullshit.

One branch is.

Christianity would've died out if not for being spread and supported by the late Roman State. There's all the successor states to Rome were Christian, not Pagan.

>the long anticipated Jewish Messiah.
Holy shit the Goyim are retarded

In fact, the original Jewish followers of Jesus rejected Paul. They believed Jesus was the messiah, but NOT God, and they preached neither the virgin birth nor the trinity. These Jewish Christians were then declared heretics by the "church fathers" and exterminated.

Says you. The Holy Spirit disagrees.

There were basically no Christians in Rome; Rome was doing its level best to eradicate Christianity, and anyone who would not bend the knee to Rome was murdered.

Well over a hundred million people have been murdered by your precious "church".

The Messiah is foretold in Genesis, reasoned in Job, and promised by literally every prophet in the Old Testament.

He's an idiot Jew who thinks he knows something about Paul, Jesus, God, and Christianity.

So far he has demonstrated only his ignorance.

CHRISTIANITY TRANSCENDS NATIONALITY.

Christianity transcends humanity.

To be fair Paul didn't come up with the Trinity either. But the fact remains that Christianity as it has existed since the extinction of the Jewish followers of Jesus has little to nothing in common with Jesus' teachings.

It is the work of Paul and all those who built off his dubious claims and lies.

A simple reading of the Hebrew scriptures shows that Paul did not know what he was talking about, or outright fabricated his teachings.

I'm not a Jew, I've just read the bible. The WHOLE bible, in context. Not just the New Testament.

THAT IS TRUE.

No, but the Roman Catholic Church carries over a lot of aspects.

The main one is the cult of the Great Mother which gets reinterpreted as Marian teachings. It's why the modern day priests are symbolically castrated throught their vows of celibacy.

Trinity

John 1 says that the Word (Jesus) was with God and was God…..and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
In John 10:30 Jesus said that He and the Father are one.
In John 14:9 He said that anyone who has seen Him has seen the Father.
In Colossians 1:15 Paul wrote that Jesus is the (visible) image of the invisible God.
In Hebrews 1:3 Jesus is called the exact representation of God’s glory
In Hebrews 1:8 God Himself called Jesus God.
God’s Spirit is presumed to be one and the same with God just as your spirit is presumed to be one and the same with you. So if God and Jesus are one and the same, and God and His Spirit are one and the Same, then the three are one.

There is one God (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 45:5-6). Yet there are three persons presented as deity in Scripture: the Father (John 6:27; Colossians 1:3), the Son (John 1:1-3, 14; 8:24; 20:28-29; Romans 9:5; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 1:1; Hebrews 1:10-12) and the Holy Spirit (John 14:16-17; Acts 5:3-4; 2 Samuel 23:2-3; 2 Corinthians 3:18). Lastly, these three are presented as distinct persons (John 8:16-18; Luke 11:1; 3:21-22; Galatians 4:6). Thus from Scripture we learn that although there is one God, there are three distinct persons who are deity. So the Trinity is the biblical position to hold to once one examines what Scripture teaches.

Sure it doesn't, Jew.

>augustine of egypt
cmon

Anyone who says Paul is not a Jew, and knows nothing, is a Jew.

>A simple reading of the Hebrew scriptures shows that Paul did not know what he was talking about, or outright fabricated his teachings.
That's why Marcion believed Paul was talking about a different god entirely and tried to rescue Christianity from the yoke of Judaism. And maybe he was right.

Paul rescued Christianity from the yoke of Judaism.

Paul did that.

Jesus and John the Baptist did that.

>It's why the modern day priests are symbolically castrated throught their vows of celibacy.

Not true at all.

Plus only priests of the Latin rite have any vows of celibacy.

Show me where the trinity is even eluded to in the Hebrew scriptures.

Isaiah 45:5-6 and Deuteronomy 6:4 soundly debunk the possibility of the Trinity being true.

Anything that comes after in the New Testament that contradicts this cannot be correct.

Paul either did not know what he was talking about, or he was deliberately lying. Take your pick, but one of these two cases is correct, because his exegesis is terrible.

This cannot be true either, as Christianity's legitimacy, according to even the gospel writers (who I will remind you were NOT the disciples of Jesus), is derived from the Hebrew scripture being true.

The OT cannot be false and Christianity be true.

>Crucified Jesus, crucified Peter, beheaded Paul; they are the enemy. They threw Christians to the lions. They threw unarmed Christians into the Coliseum against armed gladiators. They bound and tarred Christians and burned them alive to light their parties at night.
How can one empire be so based?

Chinese Buddhist take a vow of celibacy. Explain that with your shitty theories.

>The OT cannot be false and Christianity be true.
Yes it can, if you posit the New Testament god as a different entity from the Old Testament god.
This works especially well considering the messiah was supposed to usher in an earthly kingdom, not a heavenly one, and would never be given divine status let alone be called god.

Not in the slightest. Jesus taught the Law, and what was necessary in addition to the Law to be like God, which no man can do.

And John the Baptist was Elijah, pointing out the Messiah. His cousin, Jesus of Nazareth, is the Messiah, and John pointed him out at Jesus' baptism at John's hands.

Show you? I just gave you a dozen references from the scriptures.

Read them.

I'll take the third choice. You, Jew who lies and is not a Jew, but a member of the Synagogue of Satan, are insanely jealous of actual Jews like Paul.

>Someone calls Paul a liar
>Defend Paul's teachings by quoting Paul's letters

Indeed. Based in debauchery and evil.

I showed the biblical basis for the Trinity.

It's obvious from the beginning, in Genesis, by the plural word Elohim, yet used in the singular sense, with the Holy Spirit hovering over the waters.

All the passages from the Hebrew scriptures you quoted deny the trinity, not support it.

Then you quoted Paul and the NT which is irrelevant given the above.

Try again. Show me where in the Hebrew scriptures that the trinity is postulated clearly, without trying to read into it something that is not there.

t. knows nothing about Hebrew.

Elohim doesn't mean what you think it means.

Buddhism came to China via the Greco-Braktrian Kingdom in Afghanistan where they were exposed to the Cult of the Great Mother. Their symbolic castration continues unto this day.

Come near me and listen to this: "From the first announcement I have not spoken in secret; at the time it happens, I am there. "And now the Sovereign LORD has sent me, with his Spirit. This is what the LORD says - your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go (Isaiah 48:16,17).

In verse sixteen, God the Son is speaking. He identifies the Father [the Sovereign Lord] and His Spirit as having sent Him. In the next verse, the Son is clearly spoken of as the Lord. Consequently these verses identify three distinct Persons who are God without denying the fact there is only one God.

Problem is, Jew, you're a blind serpent who cannot understand Moses and the prophets.

Whatever you say, serpent of evil.

Then the Lord God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever (Genesis 3:22).

At the incident at the Tower of Babel we read God saying.

Come, let us go down and there confuse their language, so that they will not understand one another's speech (Genesis 11:7).
Isaiah the prophet recorded God saying.

Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me" (Isaiah 6:8).
Another Plural Name For God - Maker
There is another instance in the Isaiah where there is a second plural name for God.

For your Maker is your husband, the LORD of hosts is his name; the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer, the God of the whole earth he is called (Isaiah 54:5).

The word translated, "Maker" is plural in Hebrew. Therefore we have a second Hebrew word that is plural that is used of God.

>hurr durr I know Hebrew

The Son finds mention in the Old Testament. The Psalmist wrote.

Your throne, O God, endures forever and ever. Your royal scepter is a scepter of equity; you love righteousness and hate wickedness. Therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions (Psalm 45:6,7).

In the Second Psalm we read.

I have set my king on Zion, my holy hill. I will tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to me, "You are my Son; today I have begotten you (Psalm 2:6,7)

Later, in that same Psalm, it says.

Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and you perish in the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all those who put their trust in him (Psalm 2:12)

In the Book of Proverbs it says.

Who has gone up to heaven and come down? Who has gathered up the wind in the hollow of his hands? Who has wrapped up the waters in his cloak? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and the name of his son? Tell me if you know! (Proverbs 30:4).

Know that Hebrew?

>herp derp i's religious

The Holy Spirit, or the "Spirit of the Lord," is also mentioned in the Old Testament. In the Book of Genesis we read.

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters (Genesis 1:2).

Isaiah recorded the following.

The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him - the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD - and he will delight in the fear of the LORD. He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with his ears (Isaiah 11:2,3).

Isaiah also wrote.

The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners (Isaiah 61:1).

Later Isaiah wrote.

Yet they rebelled and grieved his Holy Spirit. So he turned and became their enemy and he himself fought against them (Isaiah 63:10).

The Spirit of God is distinguished from the Lord in the account leading up to the Flood.

Then the LORD said, "My spirit shall not abide in mortals forever, for they are flesh; their days shall be one hundred twenty years" (Genesis 6:3)

Are you, though?

Father
Son
Holy Spirit

Hey, guess what the Trinity is?

Father
Son
Holy Spirit

Every sentence you type doesn't need to be a new paragraph, it's obnoxious to read. And stop samefagging.

Yeah, I don't have time to teach you all why you're wrong so I'm gonna leave you with some material to peruse at your leisure, maybe you'll learn something.

If you're so convinced you're right, you won't fear giving it a listen.

youtube.com/watch?v=ak74TpPCsHs

youtube.com/watch?v=VlBJpObJhDU

youtube.com/watch?v=l--pgx632fg

youtube.com/watch?v=51PcjmeG0hA

Ta-ta.

1 guess as to what else is super annoying.

I accept your utter and total unconditional surrender, Jew.

Enjoy believing an obvious a lie.

Tovia Singer.

Neither Jew, nor Christian, nor atheist. That's your hero. A complete idiot.

Wave that white flag harder, Jew.

No, it's Jewish
/thread

>Christfags putting their fingers in their ears and screeching so as not to hear the truth

Typical.

Yes it was founded in the Roman Empire

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

>I just got outsmarted by obvious verses from the old testament so all i can do now is post links of videos and pretend that i won!

Jews are just sad they try their best to fulfill the prophecies about rejecting The Messiah

9 Stay yourselves, and wonder; cry ye out, and cry: they are drunken, but not with wine; they stagger, but not with strong drink.
10 For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered.
11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed: 12 And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.
13Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.
15 Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the LORD, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and who knoweth us?

Yes, it is Roman cult of God of Death which was converted by Jesuits into modern form.

*God of life
ftfy

God of Death. Thats why Christians do stuff with bones, corpses in churches, most of churches are near graveyards and information about Roman God of Death (it must be direct copy of Greek one) "forgotten".