Does PUA shit work in any capacity?

Does PUA shit work in any capacity?

I just want to be able to approach chicks and talk to them and know what to say to get their number/facebook.

Gains always help right?

Other urls found in this thread:

evp.sagepub.com/content/10/5/147470491201000511.full.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Only if you are handsome.
But then again pretty much everything works if you are handsome enough.

it does work.

I'm not handsome, and some PUA advice has helped me a lot
Of course, there's plenty that's bullshit but a lot of it is sound advice based around self development and being comfortable around women

What do I read to learn how to do it

the only thing you need to know from the whole pua shit is that you need confidence and to be confortable around women, and a good way to learn that is getting yourself out of the comfort zone and talking to women, its hard at first but it gets better, anything else like peacocking, phrases that will make her want you etc is just bullshit to sell books

Real Social Dynamics. I mean you can take it like you want to. I lost my virgnity to the very first random girl I talked to. Literaly. And it also helps you alot in other areas of youre life

Some of the advanced techniques for building trust work, and I've found push-pulling to be really effective
It's important to focus on why things work and not which things work though

>push-pulling

I wonder though, what about guys like me who arent sure about a girl being good enough quality?

Every single pua thing goes off from the prospect that you already like her and that you want her.

But what if you dont know for sure?

Is pua inherently r selected? What type of approach allows you to probe her, test her out, and see if she is a capable mother for your kids, while also reserving the space for yourself, away from competition? Also with an ability to just walk away completely if you are dissatisfied.

>What type of approach allows you to probe her, test her out, and see if she is a capable mother for your kids, while also reserving the space for yourself, away from competition? Also with an ability to just walk away completely if you are dissatisfied.

Magic. And not the Veeky Forums Wizard variety.

for the most part this is the key.

a whole lot of emphasis is put on LOOKZ, but people fail to realise a large % of the population is attractive.

unless you're 10/10 your looks alone will never get you laid.

hint: unless you're a male model you are nowhere near 10/10.

everything between 6-9/10 is a blur, a 6 will be a 9 to one girl, a 9 will be a 6 to another.

confidence, comfort, masculinity, basic flirting skills.

this is the essence of most pua, yeah?

if so then yes it does make a LARGE difference.

So hacking skills and the ability to read her emails/social network postings?

Kinda hard to do in real life though.

But seriously. I get disgusted way too fast by a girl

>find out she has a tattoo
instant boner loss
>find out she fucked a nigger
instant boner loss
>find out she does not know how to eat well
She may become a fatty like 90% of those who dont know how to eat well
>find out she smokes
instant boner loss

So to a K selected person, you would have to engage her, be able to approach her. But also be able to ward off competition while you probe her out for degeneracy.

Or are K selected girls just rarer right now? How do you tell which is one? Are there different ways to do pua for K selected couples? Through family (who inquires into outside families for you), or through connections?

Read the book of pook, there is a free pdf on the red pill reddit.

>the red pill
We are talking about attracting women not hating them

tried to read that book a couple times, but the masturbationary way it's delivered made me dryreach everytime.

dunno why the guy is writing a guide on how to get girls when he clearly would rather be fucking himself.

> Getting Sex/life advice from reddit

If you took time to read their stuff you'd know they dont hate women.

And the book gives some very solid advise pretty in line with the general thoughts of The Red Pill.

Its more about self improvement then its about getting women, which I agree on.

Your issue with finding a woman is that your standards are insanely high, you're sabotaging yourself.

>not fat, doesnt smoke, hasnt fucked a nigger, no body modifications

a 100 years ago, nearly all white women were like this.

Also their advise in broad lines comes down to the following:

- Start lifting

- Eat healthy

- Improve yourself

- Don't center your life around women

This seems like solid advise to me.

Just talk to her like you're going to fuck her, then if you decide she isn't good enough, walk away

This shit is easy guys, stop making it so hard for yourself

Models>any other dating guide

Learning how to deal with shit tests is also helpful

>pretend to be an r type to a person who most likely is defective

>eat part of this potentially poisonous cake to find out if it really is poisonous.

It worked back around 2002. Shit was magic when girls hadn't heard all the lines a thousand times.

>r and k type
>applying evolutionary theory to a society based on sexual selection

I keep forgetting how autistic this board is
If you want pua shit to work you need to practice on shitty girls so when the good ones come around you know how to not be a faggot

but thats just basic social engineering, not a secret pua technique

always with the autism calling when you dumb cunts dont understand something.

I bet you are an r selected type yourself.

Seriously though, r/K people are different from eachother at a base level, and thus their dating approaches also should be different.

I think that pua is nearly 100% r type. As K types have stronger bonds, with families and friends.

So to iterate, I solved this without your help: To get K selected girls, you need to network.

>Does PUA shit work in any capacity?
No. It's the definition of a try-hard.

Have you considered.. being a genuine person, having your own personality, rather than superimposing some fake shit pseudo-personality onto yourself? If you want to meet quality people, you have to be a quality person yourself, and it goes doubly so with women. Don't assume they're stupid, they're at least as smart as you are, sometimes smarter, and the ones dumb enough to fall for 'pick-up artist' shit are not worth a quality persons' time.

>2016
>still nelieves in r/k selection

shit, son do you also think Aristotle is the last word in physics?

Yep, you are definitely r selected. Them guys always say the same shit about the theory like you do now.

>being a genuine person, having your own personality, rather than superimposing some fake shit pseudo-personality onto yourself?

PUAs will literally tell you to do this

lmao you're literally giving advice that PUAs give
your perception of the community is very misrepresented
what you're doing is projecting your image of what a PUA is onto the community
don't be so insecure, just because people acknowledge their desires and want them fulfilled doesn't mean they use manipulation to do it

>HBD autism
>can't get a girl
Wow what a surprise

This one book called "How to use google for dummies" trust me. That's all you need.

>taking 2 summer classes
>be black
>talking to this hot, blonde sorority girl in both classes
>we're both seniors
>we're from the same city and have shared some connections through that on different occasions
>she's pretty warm towards me but nothing in particular that would indicate an interest in me
>im a kv that wants to fugg but I'm also slightly interested in dating her

I wanna ask for her number/grab food/hang out with her but it's hard with college hookup culture. It's a fine ass line.
If I ask her out, she might not want commitment and be scared off.
If I ask her to hang out, it might scared her off since hang out would imply hooking up at some point.

Im leaning towards hang out just because she's a sorority girl that's used to guys just getting her number anyway.
Help Veeky Forums

Try being confident. Tell yourself you're a god everyday and that humanity should be so lucky as to have divinity so close to them. When you start believing yourself stop.

>Be fit
>Be well dressed (and find a cologne that suits you)
>Be skilled and interesting
>Be charming
Those are all things you have control over. You can hit the gym. You can learn how to dress well and what looks good on you. You can become well read, get a hobby, and find something you're good at other people will come to you for. If you're not confidant and charismatic and witty/well spoken (and I'm assuming you're not if you're seeking help with women) you can reflect on what has and hasn't worked for you in the past, and can seek honest, constructive criticism re: annoying/insufferable shit you do from friends and family.

Having said all of that, the single greatest thing I can encourage you to do is learn to not be afraid of rejection.

Once you build up some immunity to the oneitis, once you stop putting individual women and women as a whole on a pedestal, once you embrace the fact that no woman is special, or irreplaceable, you'll seriously grow as a man and as a person.

I've always attributed my success with women to the fact that I don't care if a given woman wants me or not; there's always another bee in the hive.

Also remember, the best way to pass a shit test is to not acknowledge it in the first place. See it for what it is, smile, and ignore it. Indifference is a powerful weapon. In many ways women are perpetual children, treat them as such and never stoop to their level.

Also,

>Facial aesthetics
>Height

These things you don't have control over, but thankfully aren't that big of a deal outside extreme cases. As another user mentioned, aesthetics are hit or miss depending on the woman unless you're exceptionally good looking/grotesque; if you're fugly there's not much you can do.

Height? If you're between 5'10 and 6'4 you're in the sweet spot. Being tall is rarely a negative unless you're super tall and lanky.

If you're not at least 5'8 you can lift all you want, but you just straight up don't exist to most women as something that incites sexual desire.

Whats PUA?

The whole "better yourself" is solid advice. But they sell you a lot of shit that'll sabotage your relationships both with women and friends.

any good online pua communities?
rsd is okay but mostly filled with theory-heads
reddit's seduction board is total trash filled with insecure autists

I'm Would your general advice for me is to be straight forward about my intentions?
>Hey __

jesus fuck dude who cares? just ask her to hang out. the fact that you care this much is going to screw you up way more than the way you phrase the fucking question. you're going to be super insecure and focused on seducing this girl and it's going to send her really weird vibes. accept just being her friend and look to push the interaction from there.

Thanks for the cutthroat response
I need to talk to (and get rejected by) more women so I can stop putting them on a goddamn pedestal

Eh, I'm /pol/, and since you're a dindu trying to pick up a white woman I doubt you want my advice.

But fuck it. I'm feeling nice today.

>be straight forward about my intentions are
She knows what your intentions are, you stupid chimp. That said, if she has a shred of self respect, she's not going to go for "hey wanna come over, tryna fuck?"

You've got to be more subtle. Women are creatures of deceit, they are all about image; unless she's trashy as fuck she's not going to just come over explicitly to fuck anyone, *especially* you.

You have to remember, she has to be able to tell her friends "oh we were hanging out and it just happened."

Ask her if she wants to hang out, and then, and pay attention because here's the important part, know that you've already succeeded or failed at this point.

All men reading this need to wrap this around their brain: if she comes over to hang out with you, alone, sex is basically implied.

If she comes over and you're not autistic about it, it should end in sex. If it doesn't, next her ass.

Anyway, I hope for her father's sake you strike out. I'll never understand you people, you can't stop talking about how terrible we are, and yet you don't seem to want anything to do with your own women. Not that I can blame you; those national geographic looking bitches are horrifying.

My problem is I often feel very little desire to talk to others and despise smalltalk.
So initiating conversation with anybody hardly interests me even if they have fat ass titties.

>all black people are the same person
>forcing that entire last line

skip the bullshit and don't do small talk then
if you genuinely don't like any type of conversation then there's not much to say about that -- humans interact primarily through body language and spoken language, even though body language does a lot, you need to say SOMETHING to connect with people

>all black people are the same person
Rattlesnake's skin is the same color as the leaves, user.

The entire race is a blight on western culture, they're all either directly anti-white, or indirectly enable those who are.

And sorry (not sorry) but almost all black men want nothing to do with black women; black women are grotesque and they're desperate to breed up.

But breeding up is impossible, because toast can never be bread again, and once you put chocolate in milk it's chocolate milk, the ratios are irrelevant.

>PUA

kek

Be fit, be tall, don't say too much, if some other retard is talking a lot and hogging all the attention just start smirking at him so it becomes apparent he's the clown monkey of the group

That's pretty much it.

There's nothing you can say that will make her want to fuck you unless it's "I'll give you $xxxx to fuck me" or "I've got $xxxx" so she pegs you as a beta bux

lmao what
is this trolling?
if so i took the b8

that post gave me cancer

agreed
in fact this sentiment is echoed in the PUA community
it's less about what to say to get women to sleep with you and more about who to become
most of that is nonverbal

>book of pook
Based.

>Models
Overrated but worth a read.

A 6 is slightly above average. A 9 is model/hollywood actor level, top 0.5% of attractiveness.

It works insofar as it convinces you to talk to women and take failure in your stride.

So basically what every functional male learned on their own for literally thousands of years.

cool, ever notice how women prefer benedict cumberbatch to chris pine?

but pine is an objectively very good looking man probably an 8-9

but cumberbatch is objectively probably a 6 - 7?

it's almost like attraction isn't a maths test.

A lot of it is just common sense and having basic social skills, just given a funny name and structured to appeal to nerds with video game achievement mentalities.

Even then they don't understand it, 'negging' just means lightly making fun of something a girl does or says, which is basic flirting, but autists take it to mean personally insulting them.

it doesnt work work puas may get more girls but theyr conversion rate is worse than the one of a non pua guy

Prob cause normal guys only go for girls that have shown some sort of interest.

Those PUA faggots hit on literally everyone.

Every time this guy.
Always some moron who is moderately successful at socializing, but not great. Always the most manipulative and slimy fuck you have ever met, but be drones on and on about "just be yourself" 'just be honest' and he himself believes it to be true while his behavior clearly shows something different at play.

It does work, though a lion's share of work goes into "gaming yourself". If you can think that you are awesome despite the unawesome stuff that may happen to you you will do good. The "gaming girls" part is relatively small and only exists to improve your results and isn't really needed.

>PUA

something really creepy about this shit

maybe if you treat them like people and say hi and show an interest in whatever they say they'll like you

> posts on 4 chan

something really creepy about this shit

Why are so many PUA always Chinese or Indian?

Author? That's a pretty vague title.

Desperation

It's literally PUA rebranded to be PC

You don't need pick up. It's totally artificial, all the canned lines and what not. Just introduce yourself to a girl, make a bit of small talk, tease her a bit, and then get her number.

Reminder that inability to get laid is literally survival of the fittest in action. The time you spend on this nonsense would be better spent on figuring out why you're not worth fucking and addressing that.

Reading that so I won't be tricked into settling for beta

>reading a manual on how to be a human on Fedora: The Forum
>not beta

>this entire thread

Jesus christ no wonder you're all virgins. Fucking autistic on top of all the typical "hurr PUA is a scam" crap

Just go on youtube and look up RSD. The titles of the videos are clickbait but the content there is golden. It will not only make you better with women, but also a better person overall which is the number one factor for success with women

>tease her a bit
Nice advice normie. I guess I might as well pick up a guitar then to woo her in front o millions since it so simple.

Not all of us know how to do this.

There's twice as many white ones out there. You wouldn't notice them ofcourse :^)

I'm serious, Google image search PUA and there's always a couple of Asian guys in all the photos.

/thread

dirty secret of the pua industry is that its largely non-whites trying to figure out how to fuck white girls and scam artist puas not having the honesty to tell them its either not going to work at all or they need to seriously lower their expectations.

Largely indians and chinese. The indians in particular are bound for failure since they seem to have an inbred autism.

The reality is, outside of deranged rambling and masturbatory fantasies of nerds, women largely mate with men from their own or similar ethnic backgrounds. As to why indians and american-chinese in particular seem so obsessed with getting white women (a trait curiously absent from actual chinese men), thats a whole other can of worms.

PUA benefits (and i struggle to say even that, because 99% of the "industry" is pure unadulterated bullshit, smoke and mirrors) men who are already normal, have had sex with women/had girlfriends but maybe wish they were a little better with women or want to aim a bit higher

Unfortunately, the crowd it actually attracts are the ones who are seriously socially inept. They dont need PUA, they need normal socialization and probably a therapist. That would take real, consistent effort though, and engaging "normies", two things that are anathema to nerds, so that won't actually happen.

Pua benefits no one but those selling pua shit

>dirty secret of the pua industry is that its largely non-whites trying to figure out how to fuck white girls and scam artist puas not having the honesty to tell them its either not going to work at all or they need to seriously lower their expectations.Largely indians and chinese. The indians in particular are bound for failure since they seem to have an inbred autism.
The reality is, outside of deranged rambling and masturbatory fantasies of nerds, women largely mate with men from their own or similar ethnic backgrounds. As to why indians and american-chinese in particular seem so obsessed with getting white women (a trait curiously absent from actual chinese men), thats a whole other can of worms.

We're not like this desu. It's the FOBS that do. Reeeeee

read models by mark manson

have intentions be known bro

nothing worse than tryin to be friend with a chick and then suddenly u go for the kiss

Is finding a decent woman high standards?

The book of Pook is pure Gold!
To understand life, doesn´t mean to hate woman. If you hate the Problem is within you.
PUA´s doesn´t hate, they love, they love alot of womans the way they supposed to be loved.
Dont criticized, read use logic and learn, take only the positiv that work for you.
Like mentioned, the most important is to be confident and dont take girls seriously. Do what you want and not what they want.

No! dont say
>Hey __

You can be tall and fit and still a good looking PUA will steal your girl you fag. It all about confidence. Fit and tall are very good bonuses, but nothing more.

Yes, but not because of any magical secrets found within the books/other shit.
It works because they tell you to actually go out and PRACTICE INTERACTING.
Since this is Veeky Forums I'll explain it this way: Progressive overload works on your social life as well. You have to go out with a goal like "I will talk to at least 3 women tonight. I'm not trying to get with any of them. Just building a foundation."

>Some of the advanced techniques for building trust work
This just makes it sound like you're a manipulative lizard. It's not masculine, it's how a bitchy woman acts. Sort your life out.

So I have to establish an event? If we're conversing, and there's a more convenient method of hanging out that's relevant to the conversation, would that be better than just inviting her to do something I wouldn't normally do? (like a comedy club, for example)

they work but only short time. you'd be better off by reading mark manson

to add to this, we're both college-aged people
I dont always have things going on
Most people that aren't just going out to drink with friends are chilling, smoking weed, watching Netflix, or doing some type of combination of all 3

It's on YouTube. They have live events too. Some of it is really helpful to self improvement. The community is a little toxic though

I'm aware of how it sounds, but the techniques aren't something psychological like playing on self esteem and daddy issues
It's more along the lines of letting yourself become vulnerable and sharing meaningful experiences

It's not really important what you do, but by setting up a time and specific activity, your intentions come across as much more concrete and you don't look like a capricious little bitch

>you're a manipulative lizard. It's not masculine, it's how a bitchy woman acts
Maybe you have to mimic some of their behaviors?
Actually, yes, being manipulative is effective and masculinity is all about being effective and not giving a damn about what others might think of it.
You just think being straightforward is masculine because society despises men and want you to sacrifice yourself and be vulnerable for others' profit, so they create this narrative in your head with ads, movies, music, etc...

Pua works but not for the reason you think it does.

The actual technique doesn't matter, what matters is that you engage women with the practiced delivery of an actor speaking his lines and the simple unquestioned belief that you're playing a game for fun.

For all intents and purposes, you can pick up girls just by memorizing and reciting speeches with the same passion and energy that the original speaker gave to it. Incidentally this is also why stage performers from comedians to musicians have such an easy time finding pussy

Obviously, as we've figured out, the old advice, "just be yourself" is, for most people, a bunch of bullcrap. Women are attracted to a certain personality type. We call this personality type "Chad". We can explain it in vague terms but most of us can't actually put it into practice ourselves: Confident but not arrogant. Teasing, but not rude. The advice to "be yourself" obviously only works if you already have this personality type.

All PUA is, is the study of this personality type for those of us who don't already have it.

This is scientific research showing that much of PUA is actually based in scientific fact:
evp.sagepub.com/content/10/5/147470491201000511.full.pdf

a lot of the tactics PUA use are things that guys who are confident do instinctively

>teasing
>push/pull
>escalation
>abundance mentality
etc.

funny enough as I started to improve my life by lifting and focusing on my mission (career related stuff), these things became natural. I don't get nervous in front of girls anymore or even give a shit about whether they like me or not.. because I know I'm going to be great and achieve results with the things I wanna do regardless.

also putting all these things into context with evolutionary bio/psych is powerful. a lot of the underlying behaviors that men and women exhibit can be explained really well and it all comes together like a puzzle.

tl;dr everything in PUA works well and is based in scientific fact except for negging (intentionally insulting) and peacocking (dressing like an ostentatious fuccboi), which really are the only aspects people have qualms with anyway.

You can be the most perfect chad ever but if she has a rich friend with rich parent resources you stand no chance xD no matter who you think is the perfect 3.14 qt, Veeky Forums is eventually right. They care about you having money, not exactly to buy them stuff but for the security. Money = less stress raising kids which almost all women want. If you're not rich or wealthy i wouldn't bother having a grill. Statistically they'll eventually wake up and want someone with more money.

T. Not my life or anything