Need to get a bike, considering a Motobecane...

Need to get a bike, considering a Motobecane, online is half to a third of the price to equivalent specced bikes from a store,

Anyone tried the brand? If not what mtb brands would you recommend between 500-1500$ ?

Thank you anons

bought a Fuji tread for like $800....best bike I have ever owned.

Took in the trails of Biscayne Key and also ride around the city on my commute.... love my bike.

Didn't even know that forum existed, checked it out, it was mostly bike and train pr0n

Doesn't anyone on Veeky Forums cycle? Been lifting weights for years so I want a Veeky Forums person's perspective rather than someone who is infatuated with vehicles

Was it online or at a store? Which model

Bump

I cycle a lot.

Why do you want to buy that bike, what kind of riding will you be doing.

Are you going to need the suspension, I find suspension adds a lot of unnecessary weight and it could also beef up the price.

Also the bike in your pic had no mudguards, if you ride on wet terrain you will become muddy.

Pic related, its my bike.

You can go on craigslist and find something decent. I bought an old schwinn premis from the late 80's for 150. It works great. I went for 15 miles on it the other day. Getting a cheap tuneup... for a casual user it's fine.

Perhaps go the used route... do a little research on the make and model and get something there. If you really love cycling then go for the $1000 bike.

motobecane is good, get it
what are you going to use it for tho? hardtails are better overall imo (for xc/asphalt/some trails)

>mudguards
only faggots ride with mudguards
also your bike looks totally gay

>i want to spend 20 minutes cleaning my bike after every ride
>i have never owned a nice bike
u

90s steel mtb

Which hard tail model would you recommend? they come with so many different options

Concrete/asphalt/forest non paved terrain / dirt trails

/n/ is home to two distinct groups: Cyclists and people who like to talk about trains and plains and boats and shit. Despite the fact that it is not a cycling board exactly, that's where you go to talk about cycling on Veeky Forums. There is a general there that will help you figure out what bike to buy, but you're going to have to tell them what you want to use it for, which you haven't done here. Nobody will ever be able to recommend a bicycle to you if you don't tell them what you want to use it for.

Kona/Mondraker/Cube/GT/Giant/Trek/Scott/Specialized

Get the lightest bike with no quirky geometry/tubes I mean

Thanks user will look into it

I cycle for lower body development, diaphragm conditioning, interval training, varied intensity and enjoyment. Started with a flat bar, worked my way up to a roadie with drop bars and never looked back.
Cycling is a pretty great way to clear your head and be out in the elements too.

Don't buy a mountain bike for fitness.

Get drop bars and clipless pedals, mate. Go fast.

youre the kind of faggot that waxes his car once a week

I don't have a car because I ride my bike everywhere

the bike with mudflaps

the bike I don't want to get gunked up because I take it everywhere and it was expensive

kuzco's bike

Check out pinkbike.com they have a lot of used bikes to choose from, and most people ship, I got a 2012 giant trance and I absolutely love it; great climbing and can still bomb the DH