Are macros ratios bullshit or not? Seeing conflicting info about it online

Are macros ratios bullshit or not? Seeing conflicting info about it online...

you dont need to worry about anything except getting enough protein unless youre a fatty who needs to eat less sugar

No, but the one in that graphic is fucking shit

Recs for bulking?

Yeah that's what's the sticky says basically, just want some secondary opinions

40 carb 30pro/30 fat

higher cardio ^ carb
more traditional resistence training 40 pro/ 30/30

never go below ~25% for fat as it may be detrimental to hormonal production

Hmm thanks user

Should I be aiming to max out the macros? (I am obviously new to this) But is it a bad thing if I don't, say, max out my protein or carbohydrates? I thought the idea of the macros was to have that as the very max?

Fats max out at 30%. protein should be .8-1g per lb body weight. Carbs fill the rest. +500 surplus for bulking, -500 deficit for cutting. It is that simple

>hard part is following it

55 C / 30 P / 15 F

I feel great on low fat, 95% from hydrolized coconut oil.

t. pajeet

sorry you can't make gains on your 70% carb 20% fat 10% protein naan and samosa curry sauce diet.

1.2-1.7 g protein per kg lean mass, fat and carbs depending on the effect you desire. super lean and muscular? high carb low fat. fatty fat fat? low carb for hunger free weight loss. normal metabolically healthy person? whatever. kcals to bulk/cut as needed.

Probably the second most important thing after calorie balance

Paleo master race here

60% fat
30% Protein
10%Carbs

come at me bruh!

It's bullshit because 50% calories from protein is absolute idiocy unless you're on all the roids and on a mean cut.

Studies show that beyond 1.2-1.5g per kg of lean mass there is no benefit even if training hard. For someone with an FFM of 27 (genetically gifted person at peak condition) and a height of 1.9m (6'3") that comes out to 97.5kg LM aka a protein intake of just under 150g. That's 600kcal, if you get half your calories from that then your total intake is 1200kcal - you're starving, rapidly, and losing gains.

>m-m-m-muh studies
>mm-m-muh articles

said fat pajeet as he failed to realize it was done on sedentary, genetically shit people who were not bodybuilders.

Carbs should be at least half of your intake, dude. I mean if you just want to be an unathletic muscle cow with no endurance, workload or conditioning than I guess high protein would get you more anabolic but jesus fuck dude youd have to be on roids to even reap substantial benefits from all that pro

The sticky dietary advice was written by a roider

Thats all im going to say

What foods do you eat?

Those are figures for weightlifters and other athletes, for sedentary people it's half that.

By that chart I'd have to consume 375g of protein a day. Pointless since the excess is converted into carbs. It would also cause bone resorption (from abnormal pH due to excess urea) and kidney stones in any person.

>tfw do 40c 40p 20f for a month and make no difference in gains
>just yesterday I realized it was percentage of calories and not grams
>I've been eating over twice as much fat as I was supposed to

god damnit I'm a fucking neanderthal sometimes