So with this information, what's the optimal rep-set amount?

So with this information, what's the optimal rep-set amount?

>qz.com/730915/lighter-weights-do-as-much-for-building-muscle-as-heavier-ones-new-research-says/

My joints feel annoying all day when I take my reps past the 8-12 range per set. You also get your workout in faster with low reps high weight for those of use that consider working out more of a chore/maintenance than an orgasmic experience.

>joint issues at light weight high reps
>as opposed to low rep heavy weight

Yeah, no

So a five pound dumbbell will build as much muscle as a fifty pound dumbbell?

only if you use the 5 pound dumbbell fifty times more

Okay, so I'm going to continue to do 5x5 because I don't have all day to work out.

the study was shit and journalists are clueless

Say that when you're in your 40s and have been stocking shelves or hanging dry wall for the last 20 years, or when you're in your 70s and everything is going to shit anyway, or when you have a pre-existing condition or injury from a car accident, etc..

It's not all that uncommon to have join pain. If it's going to cause discomfort from rep 1 you need to get the most out of your workout, and high weight/low reps is the way to go about it.

>what is tendonitis

High reps for Hypertrophy, I thought you guys already believed in this, how is this groundbreaking

Well, that's good to hear. I have a lot of back problems so I'm stuck with 3x15 at very low weights to train my endurance. Glad to hear I'm not completely losing out on gains.

durr

>grug nurckulls can into science
>hurr

>no difference in hypertrophy
>strength consistently best in lower reps

Why should I ever go above 5?

when research contradicts what people have observed for decades in the real world then it's usually safe to assume the research is flawed in some way. most articles that get published are trash, unfortunatelty.

endurance training for sports

Pretty accurate. >12 rep on certain tripep routines fuck my elbows up.

Once you're decently strong, training everything at high percentages (especially if you're doing it year round) has a nasty habit of beating the everliving crap out of you.

Light weight lower recovery time between sets. Heavy weight up to 5 min between sets. Your logic is flawed.

Increasing work capacity, getting more volume etc

>up to 5 minutes

Try more. Rippetoe says upwards of 7+ minutes or however long itll take to get the next set.

Also, people who move heavy ass weights have warmups that are long as fuck. 20+ minutes for heavy squats.

Rippetoe has even said it takes him about 20 minutes warmup just to OHP 200 pounds.