Tfw lower back hurts after deadlifts and I'm positive my spine is neutral so I'm unsure if I'm snapping my shit up or...

>tfw lower back hurts after deadlifts and I'm positive my spine is neutral so I'm unsure if I'm snapping my shit up or just strengthening it

Differentiate between 'sore' and 'pain'; can you walk? Bend over and pick up a piece of paper off the floor? Get out of a chair or out of bed without having to get on your hands and knees first?

Yeah no shit

It's just really sore usually and kind of hurts at the beginning of my pull but then it's fine

Help pls

Please

you should be able to tell the difference between snapping your shit up, and just muscle soreness

if it's PAINFUL, you should recheck your form in a mirror or go get your lower back checked to make sure you haven't snapped your shit up, better be safe than sorry

just b urself

I checked it by recording on my phone

And I'm no expert bur my back is mostly straight wirh a slight arch. I just pulled 220 for 1 rep then literally couldn't lift it again, not even 205. So I just did 6 reps of 135

Wtf is this?

Is it 1: a wide pain on a big slab of muscle or is it
2: concentrated in a smaller area/shooting pain

My lowerback just hurts m8 idk how to describe it. I'm pretty sure it's just muscle soreness. Guess I'm pushing myself too hard on a cut

Strengthen your hamstrings brah. Weak hamstrings put stress on lower back muscles.

I would go to the doctor before it gets worse. I let my pain sit for a while and now it's mucho fucked up and I'm in physical therapy 3 times a week.

What doctor breh

Holy shit what do you want? That's like asking Veeky Forums why your car won't start then giving no pics or details just saying "idk jus won't start lol!"

I'm not sure how to describe it man

I've been lifting two monthsbi don't know shit

goddamnit you're pathetic, all this worry and complaining and you're not even deadlifting respectable weights. I could understand if you were worried about back pain with a 400+ pull but jfc you're just sore because you're a weak fuck and have a lot of adaptation ahead of you if you even manage to keep this up

>not gonna make it

lower back soreness has a different feel to it than most of muscle soreness. it's more "sharp" if that makes sense. I think that's why many beginner have trouble differentiating it from an injury.

you're probably fine. the key to spine safety in the is holding a big valvsalva and focusing very, very hard on keeping everything tight.

Snap city brah, probs a herniated disc. Ask your doctor to check it out, Enjoy your stay!

Jesus what's your problem? I just want to ensure I'm doing everything correctly before progressing and hurting myself.

It kind of hurts doing cardio too desu. My back looks fine in the video though

>lower back soreness has a different feel to it than most of muscle soreness. it's more "sharp" if that makes sense
why is that? and do you have any sources or are you talking from experience?

by posting on a samoan spearfishing forum explaining(vaguely) that you have back "pain" from deadlifting less than lmao2pl8?

If you're visiting snap city you're gonna know famalam, it's not subtle or questionable when you've suffered a true back injury. also, you're giving shit detail about whatever it is you think is going on. Furhermore you're lifting weights that don't really qualify you for a ticket to snap city unless you're truly doing some retarded shit when u deadlift, or(and this seems extremely likely in your case at this point) you're truly a weak, weak motherfucker, like you have a neuromuscular condition weak

Ppl here have already answered your question anyway, unless you're suddenly debilitated(can't walk, bend over, do basic shit) or you have extremely sharp isolated pain then you're probably not injuring yourself

>do lower back exercise
>"my lower back is sore, what's going on? am i death?"

no one cares until you post video

My lower back would hurt after deadlifts a while ago (sharp pain, would hurt to bend over/get out of bed sometimes) and I had been through some back problems before. I just chalked it up to one of my muscle groups being too weak. I stopped deadlifting for a bit and did some hamstring curls to try and strengthen mah hammies. Few days ago I deadlifted again for the first time in a while and did lmao 3pl8 like it was nothing, I felt great.

However, my grip still sucks so I have to work on that before I can progress.

So yeah, unless your back gets a sharp pain when you bend over or move, you're fine. Just double check ur form, brace ur core, tighten ur back, use ur hammies and glutes and you should be ok. And dont try to lift more than you can

t. Inexperienced lifter

Hmmm what part of the back does a deadlift mainly work user?

If you have even a hint of lumbar lordosis / anterior pelvic tilt when standing normally, sort that out before doing another diddylift or sqwat. Might mean you don't do these for months until you fix your posture, but it means you'll still be able to lift when you're 40.

I thought you fucks always said "le deadlifts shouldn't hurt ur back"?

Hurt as in actually fucking hurt not a wikkle bit of aoreness poor babby cant handle

Well a bit of hurt becomes a lot of hurt

Why would I push through pain? My body is clearly telling me I'm fuking my shyt up

STOP LIFTING BEFORE ITS TOO LATE LADDY

The soreness feels like the beginning/stiff part when you fuck up your lower back. Any lifter that has lifted more than 3 months will know the soreness is normal.

Nigga who hurt you

YOUR FORM A SHIT
seriously, a lot of people dont lift with their legs. They shoot the legs up first even before they can get the weight up and they lift with their back. Doesnt matter if you have a neutral spine doing this shit, you are supposed to lift with your legs not your back

Why is this opposite to what rippetoe says