Give me a philosophical reason to start lifting

Give me a philosophical reason to start lifting.

It's not a spook

The only thing you can every truly own is your body.

If it makes you happy you should do it - egoism

If it maximizes utility you should do it. If it maximizes total aggregate happiness you should do it - utilitarianism

You have the right to do it - libertarianism

But it does not really make me happy. I prefer lying on the couch

Nicht wie die Welt ist, ist das Mystische, sondern dass sie ist.

Das Gefühl der Welt als begrenztes Ganzes ist das mystische.

Wir fühlen, dass selbst, wenn alle möglichen wissenschaftlichen Fragen beantwortet sind, unsere Lebensprobleme noch gar nicht berührt sind. Freilich bleibt dann eben keine Frage mehr; und eben dies ist die Antwort.

Die Lösung des Problems des Lebens merkt man am Verschwinden dieses Problems.

Es gibt allerdings Unaussprechliches. Dies zeigt sich, es ist das Mystische.

Because alaiens com downnm an look us say woah he streng n we sey yeah n alliance n shit

he op, philo-graduate here, but non native in english.

You can probably find reasons in every theory, not even depening on ehtical or ontological ones so it doesn't make much sense to list them all up here, does it? Which ways of thinking are you fond of?

Also the easy way would just be the socrates, aristotle and marc aurel quotations you find here all the time. They're very general but have potential to motivate a lot.

To this I can recommend "epikur" (no idea how you write it in in english).
You'll maximize hapiness in the long run with staying fit and not lying on the couch, so the long term hapiness is less shallow and should be prefered over the small one.

Now go lift you lazy faggot.

You need to get into stoicism.

From wikipedia:

"Stoicism teaches the development of self-control and fortitude as a means of overcoming destructive emotions".

to get pussy

Life-affirmation

cuz u gonna dy soon nigga

Stirner was ripped and just went to the bar only to mess with those losers like Marx.

Read Sun & Steel by Mishima.

You pencil-necked Veeky Forums faggot.

Just stop being a fag you don't need one.

English only please, Anglais seulement s'il vous plaît,Nur auf Englisch bitte,Kun på engelsk venligst, يرجى التحدث باللغة الإنجليزية, MBéarla amháin le do thoil, Endast engelska vänligen, aнглийcкий тoлькo пoжaлyйcтa, Alleen engels, Inglés solamente por favor, solo inglese per favore, Molimo pricajte Engleski, רק אנגלית, בבקשה, 영어만하세요, somente Inglês por favor

Read up on Nietzche's Ubermensch theory

>Mind-body dichotomy is false

A possible philosophy could then be materialism (denying any other 'reality'). Your choice to be stupid and slow or not. You should choose not based on pragmatism, based on Kantian imperative, based on Epicurean and probably even straight up Hedonistic philosophies.

>mind-body dichotomy is true, but "the body is the temple"

This covers more ofc. Philosophy could be forms of mysticism, but also many straight up religions, e.g. muscular Christianity (its fun to stay etc...). Buddha also fall into this group, implying that to receive his teachings the vessel has to be clean, empty etc...

look up Wittgensteins Tractatus Logico Philosophicus there has to be an english pdf out there somewhere

To honor Mars, the God of War.

pretty much this,
but I'd rather say you indeed ARE your body (well somehow. lets not start a body-mind-discussion now)

plus: anima sana in corpore sano (or something like that)