Is it possible to make gains if you're an alcoholic Veeky Forums?

Is it possible to make gains if you're an alcoholic Veeky Forums?

I'm not talking about heavy weekend drinking that everyone with a social life does I'm talking I drink 10+ drinks everyday, usually beer but sometimes vodka mixed with cranberry juice

Absolutely, they're just not going to be visible under all the fat covering them

You will gain strength and be more fit but I doubt you will look like you lift or exercise

>tfw drink everyday
>tfw blackout and lose count of how many I drank

I don't even know how much I drink because I can never remember lol might have had 12 or might have had 25

Let's say the average beer has 150 calories per can/bottle.

150 x 10 = 1500 calories in beer alone, all of that being essentially liquid carbs.

Your poor, poor gut flora... and liver.

>gut flora

what's that?

Former alcoholic that's currently 7 weeks dry here, anything you alcoholics in training want to know just ask.

I quit drinking because I developed a double chin and man boobs

I had no clue the amount of calories I was drinking everyday and I quit when I turned into a blob. I used to drink about as much as you.

Yeah how long did you drink and how much per day and did you get fat from it/ any health problems?

I'm OP and been drunk everyday for 6 years

Seek help, stop spamming fit with this shit.

That was me at 19-24 years old........ ruined all friendships and embarrassed myself so bad I actually had to move across the country

>tfw alcohol doesn't just kill fitness gains it kills all life gains

Everyone has beneficial bacteria that lives in the gut. We NEED this as it helps us digest and break down nutrients. It's also linked to hormone development. Actually a lot of hormones that we thought originated from the brain actually originate from the gut.

Alcohol kills bacteria. Every time you drink you're flushing away millions of beneficial bacteria that help you absorb micro-nutrients. Drinking alcohol (and soda, which is very acidic) literally steals away gains and makes you body operate less than optimally.

Oh shit my drink of choice is whiskey mixed with ginger ale but I'm not retarded and drink everyday

How was that withdrawal brah? I'm on day 3 here and I'm sweating quite a bit and my moods going from depressed to happy every 20 minutes. No shaking or anything so I'm not really concerned about DTs

I drink maybe once a week. I try to double up on probiotic foods I eat after drinking, and I take a probiotic supplement the day after.

If weight loss is your goal fuck no man, I drank everyday for a year and gained like 35lbs and when I quit drinking the weight disappeared and I went back to my normal weight

#
A good day would be 8 cans of 5% beer/cider, a bad day would be a litre of vodka and 8 cans of beer/cider. Done this for maybe two years but I was a heavy binger before that.

I developed alcoholic hepatitis and my liver swelled up to the size of a football, had abdominal pain that kept me awake at night. I only stopped because I was scared my liver would fail and I would die in my twenties from being a retard.

#
Only the stuff I mentioned above really, I did get some mood swings too and had no appetite for a couple weeks.

#
>embarrassed myself so bad I actually had to move across the country

Stories? Another reason why I stopped is because I couldn't stop pissing myself everytime I blacked out.

Just being a complete drunken fool rambling on about shit I had no clue about

I am an alcoholic by textbook terms, but I keep track of how many calories this adds. Usually I will carve out a chunk of calories to save up for at the end of the night so that way I can still drink and not go over my TDEE. I usually have a half pint of wild turkey 101(about 450 cals) with a diet pepsi with some kind of lean meal before I go to bed every night. For me it's not about being drunk, but I've had horrible insomnia ever since I was teenager and all the sleeping pills I've been perscribed either didn't work or made me feel like a total zombie the next day. I'm not advocating alcohol use by any means, but I firmly believe it's possible to be a daily drinker and still reach fitness goals as long as you take into account the calories in the alcohol you drink(although obviously not as fast as someone who doesn't drink and of course the damage to your organs) and stay away from malt beverages like beer. I've been maintaining this routine for about 3 years and lost about 40 lbs give or take and put on about 5-6 pounds of muscle. Just my experience, though.

You hardly drink, you aren't an alcoholic if you don't drink to get drunk

I don't drink much compared to the stereotypical alcoholic, true, but I do drink everyday and feel a psychological need to ingest alcohol in order to go to sleep. By psychological terms I would be considered a functioning alcoholic

But then you're breeding your own alcohol resistant strain of super bacteria. Do you even want gut bacteria gains brah?

I'm starting to slow down my alcohol intake, again. I drank 8 - 15 drinks a night, 6 days a week for all of 2015. Suddenly I stopped this January, and got my life together for school and was a moderate (once a week or two, a couple of beers) drinker for five months. In May, I ended up failing out of my major prerequisite class with a 69.8, which was a huge slap in the face so I've been binge drinking all summer again, but way lonelier and sadder than before.

I've attempted suicide a few times while I was drunk and alone, and I do monumentally stupid shit when I get obliterated with people.

Like a couple days ago I got hammered and got my first tattoo. It's a pretty good tattoo, definitely could've been a lot worse but like. My cousin bet me I wouldn't so I did.

So I've been sober since then but I'll see how long it lasts.

Gains always suffering after multiple day binges.

Can I get away by drinking 2 or 3 beers in the weekend max? Considering that I'll be drinking at night when I lifted in the morning same day, or that I might have to lift the next day? I genuinely enjoy craft beer, and alcohol and fapping everyday has kinda killed my gains. I used to get black out drunk before (from vodka and rum), I've managed to tone it down now, and I've managed to quit fapping, but I still like beer.

I've read that you're fine as long as you don't exceed half your weigh (in KG) in alcohol mls.

2 beers a day is actually beneficial to both your physical and mental health. In this amount, it increases bone strength, it helps the heart, and it improves memory. That is not to say it helps you build muscle, but in such a low amount, the negative effect will be negligible

>fapping everyday has kinda killed my gains

Your gains are unaffected by any amount of fapping, user