I usually lurk so this is my first time posting something on Veeky Forums

I usually lurk so this is my first time posting something on Veeky Forums
I need advice to pursue a healthier lifestyle. I need more motivation to lose all my fat. I'm trying to eat helthier too, but my family fridge is filled with food that that I don't like. Which forces me to go out and eat junk food.
What need is good or expert advice how to start working out agains or How to lose fat and gain muscle. A better diet advice help me a lot!
My short term goal right now is to lose 30 pound by the end of the year. My long term goal is be at 230, fit for the army. I know I'm not consider an alpha here, but I want to try my best. I just need help :(
I'm 6 foot and I weigh 338 lb.

the most important part here is that you start counting calories. Find calorie counter online. calculate your TDEE and then eat -500 kcals from your TDEE

My advice. Use a tdee calculator and google.

Move out so you don't have to deal with your family's bad food habits and read the sticky

>but my family fridge is filled with food that that I don't like. Which forces me to go out and eat junk food.

List what you don't like, you weak-willed fat waste of flesh

Op here
I can't, not yet at least

Can you work with your family to eat better quality foods? What's their issue with health? Are they interested in improving their diet?

Why not?
Just grab a minimum wage job and move,its pretty damn easy once you take the first step.

Op here
I've been bitching at them for several years now that we should be eating healthier. Now my father has diabetes, my thinks she has it, but I don't so since her side of the family rarely get it. I'm at a 50/50 chance :(

Yeah, that passage stood out for me too. Absolutely emblematic of the passive, excuse-finding fatty mindset.

I think you are confusing T1D with T2D. Even if you are not genetically predisposed to diabetes you can still easily get T2 with a shitty enough diet.

Op here
I am working. But also go to college. I need to build up my bank account again in order to move out and hopefully soon

Do you like vegetables, OP?

Peanut butter, Bannanas, Water, Egg whites.
Start small, work your way up, find recipes you like, stop drinking soda, stop going to fast food. Your body will thank you later.

I do, but my fridge is sometimes not stocked with right veggies to make a meal. I need carrots, and potatoes to make a stew. What can you make with Celary and lettuce ?

a salad?

You've being winning the whole thread, what the fuck do you want besides attention OP?

Salads are disgusting

/thread

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE IT, FATASS

OP I was in your exact position a year ago. I was 343 at my worst last year/last summer. I started working on eating better at the beginning of last summer and was probably a littler over 300 by september. What really kicked my weight loss into high gear was I basically became vegan for 6 months. I cooked ALL of my meals or just ate handfuls of pistachios. This got me down to 230!! by mid december. And I was working out with not only bodyweight routines but the weights we have at my parents' house. I fluctuated a bit and now I'm leveling out at around 250 even and I've been going to the gym every MWF for 2 months now as well as running on my off days/weekends.

>The most important thing you can do is find your TDEE, get not only a calorie counter app but a MACO[nutrient] counting app like my macros +, macronutrients are your proteins, carbs and fats. You can find out what macro ratios you need on TDEE websites. I would recommend starting at a 500 calorie deficit, then eventually moving to 1000 calorie deficit until you are done cutting.

As far as food goes, you'll want to eat these things, in order of most importance to least (roughly):

grilled Chicken breast and or fish
hearty vegetables (broccoli, spinach, carrots, kale, potatoes)
eggs
beans
complex carbs (brown rice, quinoa)
nuts and nut butters
ancillary veggies (avocados, cucumbers, celery, onions)
whey protein
cottage cheese
other lean meats

NO MORE FAST FOOD OR SODA OR JUNK. If you are hungry before bed have a spoonful of pb or cottage cheese or a scoop of whey in water. If you have a sweet tooth you can get CLIF builder bars (protein bars) for your choco fix and I order protein gummies off of amazon (called RAP) for fruity taste.

Good luck and god speed OP. The first exercises I did at your size were these:

Calf raises 3x30
Ab/core twists 3x30
shoulder flies (no weights) 3x30

that should get you started. After that you will need to either go with stronglifts or starting strength.