You just got sent back in time, to the Roman empire, at its highest

You just got sent back in time, to the Roman empire, at its highest.
You have one mission there, Romans believe you have superior nutrition and training skills and just made you responsible for everything vesides martial arts training (you can try through if you want).

What's the main stapples of food you would use to feed the soldiers? Considering you can only give what they had at the time, or you can "invent" with the tech of the time.
Also you can't really be too expensive, i mean they have a budget.

What would be the soldiers drill like?

Do you think you would do a better job than the Romans did at the time with this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilum
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Inb4 autistic stem majors come in and talk about how they're going to revolutionize science and have the Roman empire take over the planet

Can I rape the enemies of the nation into submission?

What kinds of training did the Romans do?

Discuss throws
Nude wrestling
Boulder lifts
Long distance running
Swimming
Log curls

GOMAD AND SQUATS

Convince them to conquer Axum and get that sick nasty coffee.

Imagine a Roman empire whose primary beverage was a stimulant instead of a depressant.

Imagine.

beef, bread dipped in olive oil, and legumes/nuts

their combat training was pretty based though

me no speako englando

Staple foods would be barley, spelt bread, fava beans, chick peas, lentils, chard, beets, walnuts, and figs

Exercise regiment consisting of strongman training, jump rope, and grappling

A-and they all have to call me "big papa"

>food
I wouldn't fuck with their nutrition, they ate enough to conquer most of the known world.

>training
I wouldn't fuck with their training, they trained enough and appropriately to produce soldiers to their exact requirements.

>could you do a better job
Anyone who says yes is a liar or delusional. I've never used a roman sword, or fought in a roman formation, I don't know what fitness requirements are needed. If they wanted to look swoll as fuck and aesthetic, then I could definitely point them in the right direction tho.

pretty sure the classical world knew how to get very aesthetic

those statues weren't imagined

link to roman diet, training plz

also,

8 scoops a day, no women. gay sex every other tuesday.

>they would still be around today if the did that.

What the fuck do I know about training troops?

I don't even know what food I have access to or how much we have.

Fuck off OP you know I'm not ready for this kind of responsibility.

>What's the main stapples of food you would use to feed the soldiers?

MUTANT MASS PROTEIN POWDER.

Introduce them to barbell training, and nude wrestling. For bonding, n-no homo.

>tfw you will never fight shoulder to shoulder with your sweat drenched, ottermode brothers in arms
>you will never help them take off their armor and polish their spears
why even live

Since they all probably look better then me I will show them my three years of bjj training and have the fucking guals scared of the day they fell into my guard

I wonder how there wrestling techniques would stand up against bjj. I'm sure they knew their shit. Doing any grappling is good

> yfw you realise roman legionnaires ate a vegetarian diet year round

wew ladus

Did the Romans do that?

>roman empire at its peak
>budget
my history degree allowed me to shitpost

They mostly just slaughtered/enslaved.

Bread, cereals and legumes every day
Meat from 1 to 3 times a week
Fish from 1 to 5 times a week (some regions lived entirely off fishing, fish was cheap in some regions)
A ration of wine a day 0.5-1.5 litres (the production of wine in R. Empire was enormous)

>Stop drinking water from your aqueducts and change the plumbing to copper instead of lead.

There, I saved the roman empire.

Yes. Rape was used among many other tactis to submit the population. Never heard of "lock your d8ors, hide your womn, Caesar's coming"?

>being sent back in time to any moment of history that isn't with the Mongols
>not being with Genghis as he makes European kings and Arabian Caliphates fall to their knees in humiliating submission
>not having the greatest orgies in history
L M A O A T Y O U
F
A
M

The Roman Empire army had a budget in the 1st century, this was since the reform of Mariano where the parliament and the provinces had to pay for the army, before there wasn't a budget, soldiers were paid in land or "salt" infact salary comes from "salarium" soldiers were paid in salt before Marianus army reform and they had to pay for their equipment, infact the Equites (or the nobles) could pay themselves the horses or Equos, so Equos -> Equites.
Roman Empire started to focus the budget on the army when Settimio Severo took the throne through the army giving the soldiers ample rights and salaries, the economy was dwindling and such politics helped the decay of the Roman Empire, and the Severi's used these politics to maintain the power.

t. italian HS dropout

GK would rape you though.

>inb4 its not rape if i want it

First thing I'd do is get me a scribe to note down all them d4nk_420_m3m3z from the Roman empire

What European Kings? No European King ever submitted to Genghis Khan or other Mongolic hordes

> inb4 Russians aren't Europeans, Europe ends with Poland

Fuck off with shit. Russians are European when it's relevant and Asian when it's not.

Not really relevant but apparently 1 in 8 Asians in Asia have some kind of lineage from him...

>No European King ever submitted to Genghis Khan or other Mongolic hordes
Kek.

Just kidding friendo, but really, no European king at that time kneeled to a Mongolic horde, at that time Europe was considered only catholic Europe, Russian Principates were considered part of another planet, especially because Lithuania and other pagan states separated Catholic nations from Russian principates, even the Byzantine Empire was considered a distinct thing from Europe, that's why there were so many hostilities between the catholic nations and ERE

Some Kings died in battle against Mongols but seriously, no catholic king surrender his nation to a Mongolic khan, both Polish and Hungarian kings died in battle against the Mongols but I repeat, they didn't surrender

>romans throwing spears.jpg

>not knowing the romans carried several pila into battle to throw at the enemy before engaging

Didn't you play Rome: Total War?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilum

>tfw you'll never get cut on the arm by some Gallic barbarian and die a long, painful, and horrible death due to infection.

Don't get me wrong, I love studying the Roman Empire and their military, but it was not a good life. You were more likely to die of disease on campaign than anything else.

You're arguing shitty semantics to argue your point. Kiev and Poland WERE European powers. They had similar technology and society to the rest of Western Europe.

lol'd at last line

Yes strategos!

I'm a medfag, so I'd probably be burned on a stake for disagreeing about bad humors and spontaneous creation

The Hungarian one didn't, he fled to the other end of the kingdom. The mongols couldn't take over the country tho, and when they came back >we kicked their chink asses

>big papa

more like papa di primo

this, to be honest f a m i l i a

Considering that Roman training did not come to be by accident, i would say that the training they did is more than adequate.
Perhaps add weightlifting

/thread

>weightlifting
Romans did that too

Yeah, no, only Catholic doesn't equal Europe

>Europe was considered only Catholic Europe, Russian Principates were considered part of another planet

[citation needed]

I don't think burning at the stake was as popular as you think it was

Crucifixion then

>those statues weren't imagined

that's exactly what they were dipshit

they were literally the first to exceed the human form in art, to create beyond-human images of aesthetics

Recommend they make all their dishes from lead

Well considering Greco-Roman wrestlers throw around BJJ guys in mma today, I'd say it stacks up pretty well.

Publishing rival scientific theories wasn't punishable by death you autist

holy fucking shit, did you have any education in classics whatsoever? barring a few exceptions the vast majority of the physiques in the statues are achievable

shut the fuck up burger

they would be fed slave food so we can support a large army.

our enemies, the germanic tribes, were huge ripped motherfuckers, but we beat them through attrition and discipline, using our dyel muscles.

opinion disregarded

you are never gonna make it

enjoy being dyel :)

Please proofread your posts before posting. There are too many grammatical and punctuation errors to ignore.

>lock your d8ors, hide your womn, Caesar's coming
that's half of the song his soldiers used to sing, because he fucked anything that moved
it wasn't to do with soldiers raping women
>le lead meme
The lead lining aqueducts formed a patina which stopped the lead directly contacting the water
lead poisoning did not cause the fall of rome

BJJ is better for gaurding/passing gaurds but a wrestler should have the advantage in scoring the takedown which is usually more important

What's your opinion on judo? I think the throws are mechanically advantageous and set you up really well for a submission or G&P

Endurance and leg strength would be the primary goals because of the importance of the phalanx. Having explosiveness in the Core/shoulders will also help with shielding and spear thrusting, so a primary focus on this would be good as well.

Romans access to fresh meat, legumes, leafy greens, and olive oils, but they still got most of their calories from grains, so I'd change that. On a high resistance training day or during wartime I would reintroduce grains but in general I would get them eating higher levels of protein and fiber. Their fat intake is already pretty solid.

I would have them train twice a day with technique/strategy study session in between training sessions.

Morning would usually be some type of active recovery or cardio with the afternoon session being resistance focused. Afternoon sessions would be replaced with full rest every 2 days (ABxABx etc.)

I would probably periodize their training like weightlifters do: intense volume training with things like weighted carries, gymnastics, etc., then strength/power peaking with some kind of weights system (I would probably get blacksmiths to make barbells), then into a 'light' period focused on developing speed and endurance.

>I just turn my rotator cuff practicing with javelines and my captain still wants me to fight sandniggers...

>Considering you can only give what they had at the time, or you can "invent" with the tech of the time.
I'd teach them to make fucking canons with all of the technology that did exist at the time.
Making their soldiers super lazy as we move towards artillery powered revolution.
Checkm8 atheist.