Deadlift

>Deadlift
>Get out of bed next day
>Lower back hurts anytime I round it or bend over

What the fuck is this meme?

post form video so we can laugh at you

Are you rounding your back? Have someone judge your form

Welcome to the world of back DOMS. It'll get even worse tomorrow.

Light activity, ibuprofen, stretching, and decompressing the spine by hanging somewhere for a minute or two will help.

So it's my muscles, not my spine?

It's your spinal erector, which is a muscle yes

You should be able to tell if it's doms just by how it feels. If you can't tell, then it's probably you spine. Sorry m8, you are potentially crippled... Seek medical advice.

this 1000000%

Lumbar flexion is your prablem. Work on maintaining spinal neutrality

As a Remedial Massage Therapist, go see a GP!
Most likely DOMS, if it's skeletal, trust me, you would know about it.

You have bad form too

This is why i stopped deadlifting and squatting
Im never gonna compete in weightlifting or powerlifting so why take the risk of not knowing whether im sore or crippled for life?

Most probably.
Problems with spine, discs and nerve roots usually present with such pain you know something is really fucked up.

If it doesnt go away in a week or so, seek medical attention.

Also, as others said, check your form.

>none of you have exerienced a lumbar injury yet.

>not been able to squat for 8 week, still can't deadlift.

>couldn't even get out of bed when it first happened.

>pic related.

Thanks for trying to sell me this deadlifting meme, Veeky Forums

I think I'll pass

Welcome back supermong.

Why would you go back after that? Im not trying to discourage you. Im geniunly curious what force drives you back to squatting and deadlifting.

you're doing them wrong. back shouldn't hurt after deadlifts. Glutes and hams should. i made the same mistake at start.

My back feels sore after deadlifts but it's never legitimately painful

Your back should only feel sore from actively keeping a neutral spine and a flat back, if you're rounding your back to get it up then you're doing it incorrectly

I hurt my lower back about 5 months into DLing and dropped it.

I can work through an arm/leg injury but you're pretty much fucked if you hurt your back.

If your spinal erectors are the weakest part in the movement they will get sore, even if you're DLing properly.

you just need to realize that deadlifts are a garbage exercice that will fuck your back no matter how good you try to keep perfect form because you can't keep pushing yourself without ending up rounding your back.

You're not alone, this board if full of autists with back pain who refuse to acknowledge it because le deadlifts are so le manly ? right XD

HMB is best thing to take to reduce DOMS

>do deadlifts are a long time away from the gym
>feels heavy
>too heavy
>get into retarded egolifting mode and somehow manage to squeeze out a few reps with horrible form
>back hurts like crazy
>cant even do certain movements afterwards
>few days later
>again deadlift day
>vow to use proper form this time
>weight still feels heavy, but manageable
>not even a little bit of pain

The moral of the story is that correct form will not only keep your back painfree, but also will allow for more strength during the lift.

>I almost got crippled because a babylonian weaving imageboard told me deadlifts were manly

Kys

Also deadlifts are overrated since you can progress on them without actually doing them. If your squat goes up, so will your deadlift. At least at the noob level im at.

>Self admitted noob

Why would anyone care for your advice?

I started squatting again because I fucked up my back doing so in a rush. Gym was really busy and I wasn't going at my usual time (went peak time, wasnt even heavy, just wasn't paying attention)

I knew where I went wrong and weeks upon weeks of swimming had helped. Squatting is fine now but deadlifting is definitely a no go still.

Reason I returned really is I have a weightlifting meet in Jan and need my strength back.. or give up on that entirely.

First of all it isnt really advice. Secondly nobody should take advice from anyone on Veeky Forums ever.

Thirdly if you dont compete in powerlifting than you are a noob.

Thanks for asking.
Im not the fag saying deadlifts are shit blah blah blah. I was just curious why you do them.

>thanks for asking
Meant to say answering kek

>people with different goals are noobs

k

I got the same thing until I started making sure I took a big breath and held it through the entire rep. Valsalva fixed my lower back pain with both deadlift and squats.