Le past was bad meme

Turk who grew up in a Western country and moved back to his homeland here...

This idea that the past was "actually shit bro1!" is complete crap. I was depressed, suicidal and completely dysfunctional growing up in a Western country. Then I move back to my homeland after many years and suddenly my depression completely disappears. I do manual labour but I don't give a fuck, I enjoy it and I'm surrounded by my people, my family and culture with people who share my language and will protect me (and I them) whenever we can.

The only people who say "le past was shit broo!!" are white people who grew up with single parents in the West and whose only close family is grandma that lives 100 miles away in another city. They spend their days smoking weed and drinking just to get through it all.

The past was NOT shit. Race, people and culture DOES matter and FUCK anybody who tells you otherwise. Don't believe the lies.

I expected an anti cracker post
this is a shit tier thread fellow TÜRK

It's fucking awful being white in the current year. There is no connection to anything (real at least) larger than the family and even that is not afforded to most people. Thanks for making this thread. Even if I can't have a comfy rooted life, I'm glad that a roach can at least.

This feels a copypasta I have read before.

Did you just find this somewhere and post it here? I am sure as fucking hell I read this bullshit somewhere before.

I wish your brothers scattered away from their homeland the same experience.

speak for yourself. Seems like that's more of an american issue than a "White" issue.

Yup. The "things were never better" schtick is a very essential part of maintaining the strength of our neo liberal dystopia. The mere suggestion that we have lost so much and things are horrible triggers the modern man on a visceral level. This how the system works. Things are not bad at all because they were never better!

>Race, people and culture DOES matter
Yeah, it matters. Unfortunately, when in the hands of idiots (and most people are idiots), it tends to spiral out of control and lead to mass violence of various kinds.
It's also flawed in other ways. Instead of having one grandma who loves you 100 miles away, you might have half the village always breathing down your neck about "when are you going to get married", and everybody is gossiping about everybody else, and you can't get a job as an anonymous capitalist agent - everything is about who you know, and so on...

It doesn't trigger me on a visceral level, I just think it's inaccurate. And I'm extremely interested in history. I'm pretty certain that it wouldn't trigger the average person on a visceral level for the simple reason that the average person is barely capable of thinking about history or his position in a larger social context for longer than a minute or so at at time.

Learn what modern medicine has done for humanity and reconsider.

What troubles me is it's always people who lack perspective who say that shit. Like they never experienced anything else in their life but they will preach to people who have that they're living the best life that could possible be attained.

People will always long for a romantic past, while looking at the same time to the future. Its how culture works.

Modern medicine is horrific.

>Learn what modern medicine has done for humanity and reconsider.

DUDE, ARTIFICIALLY EXISTING UNTIL YOUR 90 MAN, THAT'S THE DREAM

Who are you working for, exactly?

>and I'm surrounded by my people, my family and culture
So why are you shitposting on Veeky Forums instead of buggering yourself with a goat kebab?

Why do young people leave shit undeveloped countries on masse if living in the past is so good.

It's even worst in France

It's neither white or American problem, it's explicitly an urban problem.

Did you travel back in time when you went back home? You fucking retard

It's a called a past mindset, not necessarily past as in technology, even though that is the case in my village, brainlet.

You're not actually going to the past, dumbass. Stop projecting.

ok m8 but get off the internet please

Yes, nationalism is good. For some reason we forgot this.

So what do you think about Erdogan? I heard he is tunning Turkey into the ground atm.

he can't talk about Erdogan on the internet or the secret police force will arrange his suicide

It's more like Poland.
It makes the liberals buttdevestated, but the economy is booming and the leaders are genuinely popular, so all they can do is cry into the wind about it.

Oh wow that sounds so awful you smarmy fucking kike

Because Israel keeps indirectly destroying their houses???

Really? I remember reading that the turkish gov are punching up their economic stats akin to pre crash greece. (Erik Meyersson)

>DUDE DYING BECAUSE I CAUGHT A COLD AT THE AGE OF 7 LMAO

That didn't happen, cuckold.

not him but next time you catch a disease or get badly hurt do us all a favour and don't go to the doctor

Idk if you know this user but you can't live in the past

You refer to "the past is bad" memes and then say living back home is better. Time and geography are different, user. You're all over the place.

>Turk who grew up in a Western country and moved back to his homeland here
wtf i love turks now

It's a depressed loser problem

Mfw I will never experience this becausecan't move back to any country with my own culture because the Turks destroyed them and the soviets slavified the survivors in the eastern fringes into degeneracy. Now I'm forced to live out as a celibate here not wanting to raise assimilated amerimutt children.

>depressed loser
AKA the stereotypical city dweller.

Armenia?

>mfw you move to a country so backward you think you traveled back in time
kek

Still off topic

>the past didn't have apocalyptic levels of infant mortality

>I do manual labour but I don't give a fuck, I enjoy it and I'm surrounded by my people, my family and culture with people who share my language and will protect me (and I them) whenever we can.

Imagine that, a good social life is more important for happiness than wealth! Thanks OP, I never would have guessed!

Jokes aside, unless you went to some African tribal village you still have no idea what the past was like. Judging by the picture I guess you went to Turkey or the Middle East, and those countries are only a few decades behind the West. Do you have no access to modern medicine such as antibiotics and painkillers? Do you fear that the weather and the harvest will be bad that year and you will starve? Do you have no access for refrigerators to store food supplies? Are you threatened from marauding armies from neighboring state-like entities? Unless you answer yes you live in a modern country.

As a turk who still lives in a western country this hit too close too home.
Objectively I have the best possible life I can but somehow it feels as if its all meaningless.

Infant mortality prevented overpopulation.

>modern medicine only means prolonging people's lifespans

The possible age to reach didn't increase that much.There were people reaching age 80-90 in premodern times, although it was more rare. However, the chance that you will die as an infant or die of a preventable disease at age 21 decreased hugely.

nationalism is modern bullshit. nations are artificial communities that became a necessity after mass urbanization and forming of modern, industrialized, alienated mass societies.

city state/medieval municipality size societies, where most families know of each other at least from hearsay are the maximum size for an organic community without crippling alienation.

nationalism was invented exactly as a fictional community when real ones started to disintegrate and the centralized state needed an idea to get people to work for them. also the nationalist state has a history of destroying exactly these kind of communities, especially in France and Germany.

have no fear brother, you are part of the effort to claim Europe for the New Ottoman Empire. just have as many children as possible and the rest will sort itself out.

>i feel better being around people i like in a place i like
Sick, i still don't want to get consumption.

I think jailing entirely innocent teachers and putting a country into the claws of islamism was considered a pretty bad idea by everyone, but it SHITS ON LIBS so i guess it's a good thing

It takes a fcuking t*rk to speak the truth /pol/ already knows. Frankly, I don't even know how there are any lefty cultural marxist style cucks on Veeky Forums. History is my main source of redpilling, how its even possible to remain a cuck while knowing history is stupefying

Anyway, thanks kebab, maybe they'll listen to oyu because you are nonwhite

It always depends on circumstances and context. I completely agree that the whole "it was a nightmare to live in the past, everyone was stupid, filthy, malnourished, and oppressed by corrupt governments!!" is a big load of shit, but saying flat out that it was better to live "in the past" than now is equally false.

In any age there are people who get fucked and people who have it good. It just depends on the circumstances.

I wouldn't want it to be under that nigger.
He doesn't give a shit about the people he's just a power hungry tyrant and also a populist who changes his ideals every new year.

>Turk who grew up in a Western country and moved back
Thanks for that. Let's just say you are not compatible with European culture, and smart enough to take the hint. Hope the rest of the mudslimes fucks of as well.

>Turk who grew up in a Western country and moved back to his homeland
From that sentence alone I gather you were an edgy teenager that didn't have any friends were he grew up and would hold the same opinion no matter where you ended up. It didn't matter that you went back home, the thing that was of importance was that you were in a different place.
Stop nostalgia googling about something you didn't even experience. 150 years ago most people in your home couldn't even read.

Good for you, turkfriend. Stop posting your black bull shit though. I agree, people romanticize the future and present way too much. The next generation will do exactly the same

dying from scratching yourself with a rusty nail is horrific you absolute fucking retard

This. I worked in Turkey for a year and while it's largely a shithole, it's still undeniably a modern country for the most part. You've got decent medical care, good roads, an abundance of food, and overall technological parity in terms of personal electronic goods (TVs, smart phones, etc.). It's definitely different to living in the West, but that difference comes from culture more than anything else.

I'm not sure why you're wasting your life doing manual labour in Turkey when your English is better than 99.9% of the people who live there. You could probably get a decent paid job in Istanbul on the basis of your language skills alone.

>Then I move back to my homeland after many years and suddenly my depression completely disappears. I do manual labour but I don't give a fuck, I enjoy it and I'm surrounded by my people, my family and culture with people who share my language and will protect me (and I them) whenever we can.
It's got nothing to do with that, you basically just broke out of pic related

>It's fucking awful being white in the current year
lol

You realize your native land is also in the present?

Suicide rates are much higher in rural areas of developed countries

>*starts nuclear war*
>haha TRIGGERED soyboy snowflakes???

Aper, we will take it back

you utter cock

What you are describing is not "living in the past". It is living in the present, out of a big metropolitan areas. You did not die as a child as you probably would have. Got an education and use the internet to voice your opinions to all and still benefit from all modern amenities in Turkey it self. You just don't have to deal with being an immigrant with all this entails. The past sucked major balls if you look at it under almost all categories. Claiming you want to live in the past means you are either romanticizing it or are blatantly uninformed.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. If you were born in Anatolia 100 years earlier you'd be living in a war-ravaged shithole with rampant inter-ethnic/sectarian violence and banditry. You'd be stuck in a largely illiterate agrarian shithole with no access to electricity, terrible infrastructure and no real prospects of social mobility.

You'd have to till the fields all day while some Agha fucked your wife. You'd then either have to live with the shame of being the village cuckold or subject her to an honour killing, at which point you'd be thrown into the closest prison where you'd rot in the most wretched of conditions.

Only your grandchildren or great-grandchildren would have access to a quality of life even remotely comparable to the one you experience today.

Weird i do the opposite of everything in the picture but i still have depression

>le past was bad meme
>I was depressed, suicidal, and completely dysfunctional growing up in the present
>Then I move back to the past after my years and my depression completely disappears
This is strong (albeit anecdotal) evidence. Good post, friend Turk!