Why are Adidas Adipower the best weightlifting shoe?

Why are Adidas Adipower the best weightlifting shoe?

Because you just bought a pair and now you need validation?

At what point should you invest in a weightlifting shoe?

/thread

it sucks that your gym makes you wear shoes

Accurate.

As soon as you decide that lifting weights is something you want to do long term.

bought some romaleos 2 off some guy that did crossfit for a week

fpbp

Kek.

Romaleos are better for the slow lifts imo. And the fanciest weightlifting shoes, which are supposedly better than everything for actual weightlifting, are pic related.

I don't get it, what's the benefit of using these shoes over regular trainers? The soles are harder, I guess, so that adds more stability? Is that it? I lift in a slow, controlled manner anyway. Form is on point and there is no rocking or cheating with momentum. In that situation, balance isn't really a worry of mine. So why buy these shoes?

go barefoot and then lift instead then bro. but if you're lifting and you've got bouncey shoes on.. isn't that self explanatory enough?

i guess unless you're going bodybuilding not much

R I P I N P E A C E O P

have you been lifting religiously by 3 months? Then you will probably stick to it, buy some

Could you lift as productively standing on a bosu ball as you can in your shoes? If no, there you go. If yes, congratulations, you don't need lifting shoes, have fun.

Are you too stupid to not notice the elevated heel?

Are you unable to connect a raised heel as being useful to most people who lack the flexibility in the ankles to properly squat, front squat, clean and snatch?

Why do you all need to have these. I don't get it. None of you are competitive lifters, there's no point when you can put up same numbers in yoyr chucks

because not meme lifting shoes cost less than 70 bucks and are worth all the money, also if you actually do oly lifts you need them, no questions

I just use a pair of chuck taylors or go bare foot, but then again I'm a novice.

btfo

>gonna lift for the foreseeable future
>need shoes to wear at the gym
>get oly shoes

granted I could just keep on my vans but if I wear them outside all the time I would make sure they are clean when entering the gym. I cant wear my running shoes because they are shittier for DL and Squatting so why not get a pair of lifting shoes ?

I have a pair of Nike Romaleos 2.
Really nice shoe. Feel good and stable.

I have previous injuries of torn ligaments in my ankles which has severely decreased my ankle dorsiflexion so it's very hard to squat to depth without oly shoes. Before I had to put plates under my heels but when I got up to 3pl8 squats it was getting a bit dangerous and unstable standing on plates so I bought them.

This wut I gots.
Less than $100 USA.
Solid heel, flexy toes, snug fit.
Used for Oly lifts, heavy overhead presses, front squats.

>you mirin.

Been lifting for 1,5 years now barefoot due to poorfag. Should I buy lifting shoes?

Such snarkiness to an user's simple and honest question. You faggots make it sound like the most critical gear in the world, but that's bullshit. Plenty of successful bodybuilders came and went long before the creation of these shoes. You guys sound like those faggots who insist on wearing gloves for MUH MAXIMUM GAINZ lol

Step aside dyels. The only acceptable lifting footwear are wrestling shoes or socks

You're never going to make it and might as well stick to your machine exercises if you don't agree

>Plenty of successful bodybuilders
welp, there you go.

it's not allowed not to wear any shoes at my gym so I use Adipowers on Squat day and pic related on Deadlift day

Are the Powerlift 2.0 any good? $63.00 on rogue fitness
Could I use them for the whole workout (standard SS + accessories) or do I have to take them off for DL?

>Powerlift 2.0
Looks like a shitty version of Adipowers

They are good but you could find them at Ross for 35$ I did. I don't like them for deadlifts but if you want go for it.

people have broken WRs in them

They're not
The fit isn't good for most people, and the plastic heel is ass

asics 727 tiger or the old adistars outperform adipowers

Depending on your limb ratios and foot shape antas are also better

Some pros wear them
Depends on how much assistance you need with your dorsiflexion

I know a lot of powerlifters prefer them for the shorter heel

This. I 2 bills for my Asics now they go for 700-1k easily

No theyy don't lol average bros still sells them you only pay a fuck load if you have custom ones

Anyway if your not atleast national level you look like a dick in them

kek

>Plenty of successful bodybuilders
>Bodybuilding

Faggot

>not flat soled

Shouldn't they be flat? Seems like a hazard

Ayy