Why are you depressed, Veeky Forums?

Why are you depressed, Veeky Forums?
Do you realize the reasons of your current mindset?

Other urls found in this thread:

rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php
youtube.com/watch?v=32udqal_lyQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think most depressed people don't have much a why, surely?

I was obese all my life including childhood and my skin is pretty much ruined. It's sometimes hard thinking on how you'll never know what you could have looked like and I'm afraid I'll never have the courage to be with someone or the money required for surgery.

I don't even know if I am depressed, just kind of numb to it all.

No friends, no social status, Kiss-less virgin. Ex-high-school drop out MMORPG addict. In college ATM, don't really know why I am doing it, it's already too late for me to start a good career because I have zero work history at nearly 30. I assume I am going to college as a way to show my parents that I am at least trying and doing something, but deep down it all feels pointless for the reason I mentioned (no previous work experience, nearly 30 etc)

I've been lifting for 5+ years now, don't even have anything worth while from that to show, because average genetics + natty, no matter how autistic I am with my nutrition, tracking macros, weighing food out on scale etc, results are just shit (for what I expected) because my original goal body was obviously roidfags, but I am a hypochondriac so I wont take steroids.

I am willing to bet at least 50%+ of normies in my position would kill themselves, maybe 40% would be drug addicts/alcoholics, and 10% would just be like me, unsure was to why they're bothering to continue.

Most depressed people don't really have a why. It's often times genetic. My mom and dad and brother are depressed, I am too. There's something fucked up in our heads, just like lots of people.

It's more of a mental illness than a "life perspective". It can't be cured either, but it can be treated and helped. Same with anxiety. It's just who you are.

To ask about the "causes" of someone's depression is really misunderstanding what depression is in the first place. Unless you're talking about someone being miserable for a year because their wife died in a car crash or something, but most people aren't depressed for that kind of reason.

you make the money and do it

Chemical imbalances. Now that I'm properly medicated I'm a new person. It was hard to go and ask for help but I'm glad I did

What are you taking? did it kill your sex drive?

Do you still feel like you?

Jesus christ. The defeatism in this post

How do you know if you have chemical imbalances...........................or just fucked up because of lack of exposure to the outside world and lack of mental/social growth and development due to being a shut-in for many years.

the reason is I should I have gotten on SSRIs 6 months after my girlfriend died, at this point it's dragging on too long

So get the money, you're not sending a man to Mars holy shit

my friend got a degree in something bullshit and got a job as a tech recruiter out of school in his 30s

I used to be a kiss-less virgin until I was 26, but I found it's actually easy to meet people online

I gotta get on some of dat

Seroquel XR and Zoloft. My sex drive has actually increased since I started taking those. I'm feeling confident for the first time of my life and I feel like boning almost every women I see. It's hard to explain but I feel like things are now possible instead of just accepting everything will never work out for me. I still feel like me, maybe more relaxed than usual and giving less of a shit about everything.

How did you pluck up the courage to go for help?

We're all marching towards death,

I wouldn't say I'm really depressed like I don't feel sorry or sad really ever just kind of shut it all out and become numb to it. I know this is going to make me sound like an edge lord but having a pretty dark sense if humor and using sarcasm as a catharsis helps out a lot.

I've got illnesses that fuck with my every day life. I'm 24 and still working on my undergrad because I've had to withdraw from several semesters due to getting treatments or being unable to make up work in a timely manner after missing large chunks of semesters. Naturally this also hurts my ability to make gainz.

My father is a horrendous person (abusive, manipulative, rapist) and my mom flies off the handle going on insane and unpredictable tirades of emotional abuse, though she too used to be physically abusive. Being the product of both, naturally I'm prone to bad temper, mood swings and poor self image caused by the upbringing and simply seeing myself as reflections of their own darkness.

I want to help people and I want to inspire them, but if my body doesn't get in the way, my mental state will step in. I collect disability, so I don't have much money, and getting a job to save money would likely force me to slow down with school if not stop going entirely. I have never known romantic love, and I have only a handful of friends at any given moment that for the most part aren't close by.

I want to be the hero, and though I have a will that keeps me tenacious, I don't have much faith.

It's because I don't feel like my life has any purpose or ever will, I'm going to school now and looking at a future in which I'll just be grinding out a lonely existence for the rest of my life.

It just seems like nothing but a pointless grind ahead. Working hard in school to get a job I'll have to work hard in, but for what? I don't really have anyone I can spend that money on but myself, and I don't give a shit about material things.

Thinking like this saps my motivation like a motherfucker but I can't see a way out

>I used to have a qt gf who loved me and now I don't
>I used to have a strong, healthy body and now I don't
>I used to have big hard erections and now I don't

It feels as if everything I've ever cared about has been taken from me, as if God built me up just to knock me down, tbqh I have no fear of death any more

The other day I realized I can't remember a time in my life where I was consistently happy

I am trapped in a decaying carbon-based body that will one day be my tomb. Every interaction with another person that I have feels illusory. Nothing I do matters and I am not wholly convinced that I am not already dead and experiencing this as some sort of prolonged chemical reaction in my brain to ease the horror of slipping into the abyss.

Hello, me
I didn't know I was omnipresent

I'm not depressed. Why are you making such assumptions?

Because no matter how hard I try I can never find accomplish anything

I've been depressed for quite some years now
I'm doing better
I got help and stand more positive in life, still have social anxiety tho
>Psychologist offers me anti depressed meds
>''Will make you negative toughts increase in the first 2 weeks''
>Look at my psychologist like ufockinwotm8.jpg
>Take shrooms couple times a year
>Feel more connected to nature and people in general
>Social life and skills increase
>Two ex gfs saying they miss me
>Feelsgoodman.jpg

Still feel numb
I think because I miss something in my life

Because im married at 22.

She left me with no goodbye and I'm hoping she comes back

My mindset is fine
It's just my body that doesn't really respond to pleasurable stimuli

Just need to endure one more year and then everything will be ok.

I thought that for years. You have to actively improve your life or every year it will be just one more year.

I browse pol too much, this shit is really bad, really need to quit that hate fuelling board for good. Now all I can see when I go out is the things they denounce, the fact that they are right most of the time doesn't help.
I just want to not think about it anymore.

What do you guys think about micro-dosing LSD to treat depression?

I've been depressed chronically for the last 5 years or so. Thinking about risking ordering some LSD from darknet markets and seeing if it helps.

I ruined a relationship with the most perfect girl ever. Nothing helps and I want to die every second. The only time I feel better is when I lift but when I'm done I go back to being a sad pathetic loser.

I stopped going too. I get way too rage induced when I see how shitty the world is. The worst thing is going on normiebook and seeing people eat up the liberal media.

How close minded do people have to be to think "DUDE REPUBLICANS ARE RACIST AND EVIL" and "DUDE DEMOCRATS AND THE BEST PEOPLE ON EARTH"? The same people saying "Bernie rules, Hilary sucks" are the same people saying "Hilary is awesome" when she became the nomination. Do people even think for themselves anymore?

I wish I could just live in the wilderness like a fucking animal instead of all this shit we're surrounded by. I would never survive though. Feelsbadman.

>the most perfect girl ever

if she wasnt 8+, cook, clean, job, loyal, dresses well, loves you, etc then I have bad news.

In fact, man the fuck up how old are you. Im guessing 20 and on summer break from college/uni. Its called realizations sorry hombre.

You will never survive either way
Everyoned dies eventually user
At least die following your dreams

Fucking retarded. Don't do it

LSD is bad if you're depressed.

do it. legit cured mine. make sure to listen to good music

You are a group seeing everything told to you by /pol/. How are you any different from a group seeing everything told to you by pundits on tumblr/twitter/fox/msnbc/facebook/cnn? You think you're any different from those groups? You're not.

Stop following political bullshit, even from Veeky Forums. It only rots your mind.

>Looks are opinion based but she had a great figure
>She has a job as a MLT
>always cleaned and was organized
>loyal and dressed nicely

She wasn't the best cook, but I didn't really care about that. Nothing that we both couldn't work on together. It was her personality which was the best, there was never a dull moment.

And I'm 21 and got a summer job to make money before school starts but isn't helping me at all. I don't let my emotions get in the way in public but I'm dying inside.

>tfw people said working will help fix the depression and loneliness
>it just makes it even more unbearable
>no hobby I try to pursue is interesting and I just resort to playing games and wathcing youtube when I get home

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

>25 now
>at 23 i got with a girl
>used to be a wow nerd but i worked out and had decent social gains
>got with gf and slowly her hobbies became mine
>most of my friends moved away and i didnt keep the best contact with them
>i mostly hung out with her friends
>after 2 years, she left me
>she was my best friend and i honestly thought id end up marrying her
>now im slowly rebuilding friendships
>trying to rediscover what i like to do since videogames are boring to me now
>and i have all this free time with no idea what i want to do with it
>having a quarter life crisis because im lonely and bored

I thought I was going to get something I didn't get. I should've gotten it, I deserved it, I worked for it, but thanks to one faggot I got shut out. That's basically it. I've been a mess ever since, but I know it'll pass.

It's sort of funny. I had a kind of rational epiphany that I was depressed. My mind was wandering.
>"I should eat. I'm not hungry. Nothing sounds good. What should I do? I don't want to do anything. I just want to go to sleep. My lungs feel heavy. I can't plan for anything because I'm stuck in life and have nobody I can sha-Oh, I know this feeling. I'm depressed. Huh."

I don't believe everything said there and pol didn't turn me into a paranoid basement dweller. Most of my friends are liberal so we have authentic debates. But I live in Europe and stormies sort of predicted everything happening now and it saddens me a lot.

I know that feel.

Would rather cut myselff than work a shit job. I jsut wanna graduate alreadty.

Two years ago I couldn't leave my house due to depression and anxiety.

I just got my first gf a month ago.

You're right, you have to keep constantly moving forward.

Nexy year I'll get into state university and study materials engineering after 3 shitty years in community college.

Bingo!

This is me in 2 years. good luck user, I've already forseen this

I dont even know am i depressed or low test or some other shit
>too often i dont have will power to do almost anything except lifting
>dont think any girl would actually like me more than as a friend, even though i would get a clear sign of it but i just cant make a move, i would basically have to be raped so i understand the girl wants to be fugged
>dont care about things unless its important (school, lifting, family and my closest friends) which has actually been positive some times
>obstacles seem impossible to overcome
>feel stressed even though i dont have any deadlines or a job

Please diagnose me

Same for me except I don't even care about my friends or family anymore. I'm still held up over a girl that just got up and left my life suddenly without a word in the past few days which just makes it worse

A combination of social anxiety and acne leading to dermatillomania.

enjoy it while it lasts. best sex ive ever had after figuring out what we liked after 2 years of workin on it.

I've been going alright lately. Supplementing with high dose of vitamin D seems to really take the edge off and help me function.
However I'm a 22 year old NEET virgin. And I've come to accept I probably have aspergers/ high functioning autism and will never be normal. I'll probably see if I can get some kind of a diagnosis soon

Girlfriend broke up with me 3 weeks ago and got together with a mutual friend of ours.

She posts shit on Facebook saying how she hasn't been this happy in a long time and posts pictures of them together on Instagram.

Reminds me exactly of how our relationship was at its height. Its really depressing seeing your long time lover do things you did together but with someone else.

Also now sue treats me like a roach. Won't even talk to me and acts like I never mattered. Its also worse because I have to see the two of them together 3 times a week for 2 hours.

I got a haircut and have been loosing weight and lifting since we broke up. It hurts so much to see them. Every time they do a couple thing we used to do my soul shatters

Because I have a chemical imbalance in my brain that I refuse to take drugs for since I don't want them to make me gain. Weight. I'll be sad but look joocy as fuark

where is that from?

bro, stop hanging out with them. why do you have to see them? Class or something? and stop texting her. i know it hurts but just cut all ties and end it. take her off your facebook and ig

Block her posts on facebook, delete her phone number, get rid of all the stuff that reminds you of her. The pain goes away after a few months.

My dad died 4 months ago, and gf broke up with me a few days after the funeral. The pain sucks. It goes away. Keep active, don't shut yourself in, spend time with people who care about you and keep moving forward.

Kill her

rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php

>spend 30 minutes filling out job applications
>nobody calls me

College was a mistake

she is literally a piece of shit. you either didn't know who she really was, or you knew and saw this coming.
consider beating the shit out of your mutual friend. or poison the well so to speak, with her guy friends that she clearly has a number of.

or consider moving on and not giving a fuck about a piece of shit that would have been terrible had you kept her around.

>24 years old KV
>zero friends, probably never had any, only acquaintances
>trapped in a career which I despise
>parents have spent a lot of money in me, feel like a burden to my family
>anime, vidya, everything feels like a chore

>got a UTI back in March
>been to the doctor only once
>can't get aroused without uncomfortable taint feelings
>fapping becomes a chore
>can't tell my folks I have to see the doc because they'll bitch about me being a poorfag who can't pay my own insurance
>still have v-card

Are my balls fucked or what

Because I'm a virgin at 19

Yeah, I'm still in love with her but I'm too proud and angry to talk to her again

i know this feel. but she texts me once a week still and i feel bad not responding at all. She left me but it wasnt on really bad terms. I say id never take her back but i dont know what id do if she tried to get back with me. i have a lot of pride, but i also am lonely

She texted me "are you home?" at 1am like two weeks ago and I'm still fucked up because of it

We did leave at bad terms cause she started fucking another guy while still with me

I still love her 1 year later, have no motivation to go out and meet girls or anything

youtube.com/watch?v=32udqal_lyQ

It's okay lil nigga you gon make it.

Virgin until 21 here ya don't feel that different, it's all mental

oh thats fucked up. mine was on antidepressants and it made her start to become emotionless. she didnt want to do anything. im super active in the summer but in the winter theres not as much to do around here. Even tho she never wanted to do anything she started getting bored. Said she needed some space so i gave her 2 weeks and then she slowly decided she wanted to leave. She immediately regretted it but for some reason said she couldnt come back now because she though my whole family hated her.

Then she found out 3 months after the breakup i fucked someone else so she is using that as her excuse not to come back. Shes been with someoen for a week now and im sure theyve fucked so i dont want her back now either.

and crystal castles is the shit. especially that song

I sure hope so

been with someone for a month now*

and now shes moving right down the street from me. Ive started running outside 3-4 times a week now so that she will be forced to look at me cause im vain and cruel like that.

these are some top tier normie problems

I haven't had a girl in my contacts for 8 years

Because being on social security is fucking gay and they make all these bullshit rules to keep you trapped on the handouts or else you have to hassle with private insurance. NEETbux is not as great as it's made out to be, boys.

Hey at least you don't want her back.

I don't allow myself to want mine back because of pride, but deep down I really do.

Ever since she texted me I check my phone all the time hoping she'll text again, though I probably wouldn't reply.
normies don't get obsessed like this

i say i dont want her back but if i could go back in time and stop the break up, i definitely would. its a weird feeling. Not everything was perfect but things were great 90% of the time. It was like i had my own housewife and we did absolutely everythign together. she texted me and emailed me all day when we were apart.

i still check my phone too man. everytime i see a text from her the feelings come back.

>mfw as I make as much as a minimum wage slaves because of my autism diagnosis

I've been depressed since my mid teens. Well over half my life.

It's something you learn to deal with not some easily beaten enemy to cast down and trample over.

Cause I got dumped by my gf of 2.5 years who I was very much in love with

How did you get motivation to see other people?

I slept with two girls right after she broke up with me because I got pissed off and basically spent two weeks drunk off my ass

I just wanted a little extra spending money by working part-time in addition to NEETbux so I could save up for a car but the goverment told me I could only work 5 hours a week or my health insurance could be dropped. I have health issues that I'm trying to work on but I'm depressed at the fact that I'm an unproductive welfare queen.

I want her back so bad, I would do fucking anything to go back and fix the mistakes I made, everyday I hope she texts me and wants to meet up or something
I miss her so goddamn much, I was foolish when I was with her, didn't have my life on track, but now I do, and I want her back still, she said I'd realize how it's a good thing, but day after day I don't see it

im lonely. I went from living with her and our 2 cats, to be in my house all by myself. Just want to find someone to fill the void. I have to have music playing constantly or its too quiet in here. i still compare everyone i date to her and its probably not fair to them because im only thinking about all of her good qualities and not the shit that came with them such as the insecurity and anxiety.

Because I'm trapped in a lie that will destroy my life if my friends and family find out.

Tell us, user

My understanding of the causes is that it is a form of damage or long term rewiring of the brain that results from extended exposure to stressful or distressing situations which may be further exacerbated by genetic factors.
I have a family history of depression and from the ages of 17 to 25 I experienced a constant stream of distressing, defeating, humiliating and dissapointing circumstances. Many of which where no fault of my own.
Over that time I basically developed what is called learned helplessness.
It basically results in you hating your current situation but all motivation to fix your situation is gone because past experience dictates that all attempts to fix your situation have failed and all future attempts to fix things are futile.

Thats the worst part of depression, knowing what you need to change but being completely apathetic to changing it even while your suffering.

I'm still depressed and while I don't think I'll ever be able to be as happy as others I have made some changes which put me in the direction of having a better life and the results of taking this course give me some sense of achievement and purpose.

That's my little bit on depression anyway.

I lied to my family about taking a short break from school and I lied to my friends about actually finishing it. Truth is that a year ago I quit it entirely due to a bunch of bad shit hitting me at the same time along with actually getting a job in the field and fucking hating it/having massive anxiety about it. This is the second time I've fucked up going to school. The first was 7 years ago when I left college due to major depression. My friends think I have a job in my field but it's bullshit. I have a shitty job on the side that lets me pay my bills and not much else. If they found out, I'm pretty sure my friends would leave and my family would disown me. I'm pretty sure I suffer from some sort of intense anxiety disorder. Every job I've tried to work I get these pseudo panic attacks sometimes. I'd like to get help but I don't have the money for it.

How did you fuck up?

I was never happy.
But not sad either.

I don't know why, I was never able to feel feelings.

I had friends, loves, relationships. But they were all on the receiving end.
I knew I was supposed to feel friendship. I knew I was supposed to feel love. I knew I was supposed to care.

But I didn't.

All my life, people have passed me by. Everyone I've met remembered my name, I've always left a mark. Yet, no one left a mark on me. No one has been able to make me feel anything.
Then I started taking antidepressants.
Nothing changed.
And I don't mean "abloo abloo, meds ruined my life", like many retards like to scream. I mean they did literally nothing.

I'm still unable to feel.

I'm 23. I have a job that can support me maybe forever, I have friends, I have potential love interests.
But I can't help but dread this.
I know it's never going to be enough.
I don't know how much I can endure watching friends get engaged, smile, laugh, and do the same alongside them, but without it being genuine.

I'm just playing a part.
I feel like I'm just a slightly better tuned autist.
I KNOW when to laugh, be angry, be sad. But I'm not any of those things. I just behave accordingly because it'd be weird not to.

I just wish I could feel something before I die.
Even once.

Will i ever feel love again op?

Quite literally me. I think people like us would have mentally benefited from having our paths laid out for us.

I'm bipolar and feel tired and suicidal even though I'm sleeping 8 hours a night and working out every other day. I'm doing all the lifestyle things right but still constantly check on gun prices on the internet compared to what's in my bank account and read about suicidal thoughts.

Could it be the medications I'm on?

Daily amount:

Saphris 20 mg
Gabapentin 1500 mg
Propranolol 30 mg
Trileptal 900 mg

I'm entering into an intensive outpatient program starting tomorrow and I'm worried it's just gonna be therapeutic mumbo-jumbo and do nothing to rejigger my meds, which I think are making me so tired that I want to just die as a form of escape from the long hard slough.

Any medical people here that can help?

not depressed necessarily but kinda lonely

meeting people after school is hard as fuck. and people start settling down so it gets harder and harder the more you age.

personally I dont want to settle down, but meeting single people seems like trying to find a unicorn.

I just can't find a good reason to live, like there is literally nothing I look forward to except lifting weights(which im not even good at btw) and finishing the my day.
I'm too much of a pussy to kill myself so I just keep on living waiting for someone or something to give me a reason to try harder.

Because no matter how hard I lift I'll always be cursed with my ugly face.

working through a tough breakup with someone who I thought was "the one"

Just been feeling uninterested in anything or anyone, it's hard to fall asleep because that's when all the memories of the good times hit me and I start to wonder what she's doing now, etc etc

I'm sure I'll get over it eventually, but right now it's just shitty

5'5'', do I even need to tell you more?

Same poster here. It's weird. I even got hired for a summer job today (I'm a student in a library science program, concentration archives) and yet I don't feel any happier today or after I heard the news than I did yesterday. I feel ashamed of myself for every negative event I can remember that's ever happened that was my fault and yet I know intellectually that there's nothing I've technically done wrong recently that should make me want to escape the world so, but I still want to go to sleep and not wake up (I know enough about drugs and medications to know that overdosing is really hard to do right without being saved, so I tend to ruminate on violent, surefire methods, like jumping in front of subway trains or shooting myself in the head).

I just want to have a "normal" day where I feel like I'm proud of something, but I'm proud of nothing, and hate every waking moment. I pop pills (herbals, vitamins, caffeine, meds) and feel like I can't stop, like I'm trying to correct for some force in me that is out of whack that I might be able to set right, but that never properly aligns. I probably take in total about three or four dozen pills a day, but tried taking nothing, or just my meds and nothing else (like when I was in the hospital for low sodium levels from drinking too much water), and it always comes back the same shitty feeling.

God I feel you on that, she was the one who broke up with me. Nights are the worst, the paranoia of not knowing what she's doing is torture, the memories and fantasies of what could have been are the worst
I'm just so broken, I don't want to go and fuck tons of girls and hook up, I'm lonely and just want to be with her again