Has anyone here had bad social anxiety and got over it?

Has anyone here had bad social anxiety and got over it?

I don't even leave the house because of it and I'm 26, I just do bodyweight workouts so I don't get fat

best way to get over it is to understand that nobody cares

>thinks people don't care

don't listen to this guy

Went to a doctor because I was too scared to walk into the gym and just scared of shit in general. Been on anti-depressants for 5 months now and the shit works. Been going to the gym for 4 months, I've gotten a job and I've been going on dates. So yeah see a professional.

I was on antidepressants for social anxiety and they only made me depressed.

Invest in a homegym, OP.

not really overcome it per say, but I've had horrible anxiety my whole life.

Basically the more I go out the better it gets, BUT that only works if I consistently go out. If I start being a shut-in again then it all of a sudden comes flooding back. The best way to overcome this is to get a job, you'll get crazy anxiety at first but once you've done that everything else won't seem as intimidating.

Nope.
Antidepressants will only make it even worse.

t. eternal hermit wizard

Sucks that it didn't work for you guys but it's still worth seeing a doctor over it.

How much sleep do you get?

Before taking anti depressants I would advice to fix your diet and start working out.
Get a vitamin D3 supplement and try it for a month along with a better diet and exercise.
If that doesn't work go get your happy pills. I'm telling you this because a lot of times those pills kill your dick
t. depressed person

8 hrs

Only killed my dick for a few weeks before it went away. But I agree that it's worth trying to fix on your own first before trying to get help. But there's nothing wrong with asking for help.

And is it good quality u don't wake up at all?
I had it real bad as a kid but fixed it a bunch during college by sleeping 9 hrs a day, accepting u might look silly, and remember to slow down.

People here. We don't care. On the rare occasions we do care we forget about it when we realise there's a pokestop neaby

Kek

I sleep good throughout the night as long as my gf doesnt wake me up

Has anxiety, can get gf. I defeated my anxiety (with booze don't try it at home kids) but no gf.

Listen to this man. I did the exact same thing after highschool and it helped a lot with my anxiety issues.

I did MDMA ages ago and it just went away. Weird

I used to have it real bad before I got into lifting, now I'm just terrified of talking to girls. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me.

>Was pretty awkward and lonely in HS
>At 18 got GF
>Still awkward around normal people
>Got waiting job
>Forced to talk with everybody
>Still say awkward stuff but say it for fun and make it a part of my character
>Have lots of fun
>Break up with GF and lose friends when I move
>Get sad.
>Take st Johns Wort
>Feel better and more active.
>Get new job and friends.
>Realize that jobs, homes, friends, people, and GFs are fleeting things that change and go over time. Nothing is forever.

You just gotta force yourself to do the things you don't wanna do. Like exercising. Depression is a way of your body telling you that.

MDMA gives you a big serotonin boost, which is the same thing a lot of anti depressants do but not on the crazy scale of MDMA of course. So it's not too surprising.

Rewire your brain thoughts. This was my mantra when I had crippling social anxiety. Every time you have some sort of anxious thought you must counter it with rationality. You do this enough and you will slowly begin to naturally think that way.
Unlike what unless you live in a small town, you're never gonna see those people again. Who the fuck carts what they think? And if you want to go to a gym just pick a time and stick to it. You'll see the same people every day, they'll see you, if you're awkward they either won't notice cause they're doing their own shit ie they'll eventually just not give a shit because they expect it from you. You get that routine down and it'll cause you less anxiety.

This method of "rewiring your brain thoughts" is pretty much the same technique therapists will teach you. Though, if you can afford it, I'd still recommend seeing. Give him a few sessions to feel him out you probably won't like him at first. If you still don't switch to a different one. Things don't always work the first time.

Gotta stick to these things hard, it doesn't magically go away.

I live in a small town of 30k, the never see them again thing doesn't apply here

>tfw I go to the gym in a small college town
>every time I see someone from the gym, we give each other the silent bro nod
Shit's so cash m8

I find that's the absolute worst because everyone knows me as a loser in this small town because I've lived here my whole life

You guys need legit cognitive behavioral therapy, not harmful addictive drugs. The drugs will never solve the true root of your problems and is just an expensive temporary cover up. Step away from the psychiatrist and go see a psychologist. There are no.quick fixes for your.mental problems, you need to work through them.one by one with someone who knows how.to guide you