Motivating friends and family

Hello fit. I have a 28yo sister that is a womanlet and also a fatty. Shes not obese but fat. I try to motivate her by eating healthy and working out but she doesnt seem that interested. She exercises sometimes but when i try to bring her regularly she makes some excuse to stay at home.

And she often gets fastfood and im tired of arguing why she shouldnt eat them so often.

How can I motivate her beyond what ive been trying?

Other urls found in this thread:

breitbart.com/milo/2016/07/05/fat-shaming-is-good-science/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You can't. Motivation has to come from within

Insult her and tell her how shes never going to find someone who loves her.
Im not saying it will help but it will be funny.

Take baby steps start out by tell her she can do low intensity cardio for 10-15 min.Maybe a fast walk around the block . Then introduce her to weights slow at first. In time she'll enjoy it enough to want to push her self.

Im pretty sure insults are not going to add anything to what shes been thru as a perma fatty. Shes the onl fat one in her friends group and i cringe when i see her in pics. Im sure she does too

Tell her white men will leave her for asian women if she stays fat, always does the trick for my sister

Ask her if she wants to live long enough to see her grandkids graduate college.

Insult her on it.
I lost weight due to that exact feeling.
Make them acknowledge it.
They have to make the choice themselves but you can assist with pushing them to the conclusion.

It's her life. Mind your own business, you lifestyle Nazi.

Hello fit. I have a 24yo brother that is a manlet and also a fatty. Hes not obese but fat. I try to motivate him by calling him a fatass and inviting him to working out but he doesnt seem that interested. He exercises sometimes but when i try to bring him regularly he makes some excuse to stay at home.

And he often gets fastfood and im tired of arguing why he shouldnt eat them so often.

How can I motivate him beyond what ive been trying?

On the same boat here and yeah nothing works. Just say fuck it and continue with your own life

As a more a less ex fatty i can say its not something others can usually make happen.
You can only pull it off once you can self motivate and actually truly want it.
At best maybe find a fat friend of theirs and see if you can make them both go to the gym.

she will likely begin to workout once she realizes how undesirable it makes her. Unless she lives in a place where women are commonly overweight, like the U.S. Then she has no reason to because all women are fat here and men are expected to cope with it.

we live in US. Fuck.

Introduce her to Tumblr

my condolences.

Older sister is obese. She has had a boyfriend for over 5 years.

Actually was posting because OPs situation is similar to mine in a way, enough to make me think OP could be this guy I know pretending to be me.

Issue is, that guy has no motivation himself and so often eats fast food. Seeing a few plausible OP posts I think it's a coincidence, maybe many people have friends and family like that?

OP it's seriously not your responsibility because
>actually truly want it
Is so damn true.

Also, about the fast food, does she realise food bought from the grocery is generally cheaper?

A friend of mine motivated me to go to the gym again. I lacked confidence but thanks to him I got over it.
Now I've been going nonstop for 5 months and but he stopped some weeks ago.

That doesn't even work with dudes, much less girls. If someone tells you "hey you dumb piece of shit racist nigger faggot, go fucking kill yourself and also you should turn your ac off when you're not home", I guarantee your first response isn't to turn off your ac.

If op wants to help his lard ass sister, he needs to realize thought follows action and be patient. Take it slow. Start off with walking daily, once that becomes a habit move onto dancing, then move onto gym going and proper dieting. If you take it slowly enough, you can inception the other person into thinking it was their idea all along and they'll keep to it.

Have you tried showing her Sabina pics? Works for me.

Go, user. Go!

Not exactly what you want, but I motivated my mom to improve a lot of her fitness habits. She already worked out 3 times a week for a long time, but she had no idea about cutting/bulking, calorie counting and compounds, so her results were laughably low compared to the effort she put in.

Two weeks ago I convinced her to start counting calories with MyFitnessPal and I changed her diet, and she's never lost weight so easily and consistently as now. And, as of today, she's incorporated squats into her workout.

I only managed to do that because 1. my mother wanted to look better and was willing to put in the effort, 2. I was preaching what I was already doing, and I am getting visible results and 3. I kept my explanations simple and direct (calories in/out, and some time later I told her about compounds).

Return the favor, drag his ass in there.

I talk to him about it almost every day but we go to seperate gyms over a distance of like 50km.

breitbart.com/milo/2016/07/05/fat-shaming-is-good-science/

This. I also have a fat older sister op, but like 5'7 and 250 lbs. I tried helping her, but there's only so much you can do - "you can lead a horse to water" saying comes to mind. You can't control or change people, they need to do it themselves. You can help them, but really they have to want to make a real.change; you can't do.it for them. I've not talked to her or my mom because they're fat and toxic people. If my sister came to me looking for help in the future, I'd probably help- but atm I can tell Shea not really trying and not personally ready for.a change.