Since most guys on this board fall for the SS meme, how did you fix the Rippetoe body?

Since most guys on this board fall for the SS meme, how did you fix the Rippetoe body?

I did my curls so I'm not completely fucked but my quads and core are still significant bigger and out of proportion to arms and shoulders.

Is it okay to train legs with low frequency and volume one time per week and bump up upper body volume? Will I eventually even out?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UVckwZ5t_a8
youtube.com/watch?v=1R9R-TRPbTo
youtube.com/watch?v=SybIXM0rA-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stick to the fucking program.
Your upper body will eventually even out, but good luck without the test boost from frequent Squats and DLs. There's a reason Arnold said Squats are the most important lift for bodybuilding.

Once your noob gains run out, switch to a split and put more focus on the areas that are lagging.

>My legs are too big and uproportional to my upperbody
>how do I fix this

Shit man, I don't know. Definitely don't train your lacking areas with more volume and frequency and reduce your lower body training though, that will never work.

post your pysique

I got to my goal body doing SS and Texas Method.

What are your lifts?

pics?

Squat 5x130Kg
Deadlift 5x145Kg
Bench 5x90Kg
OHP 5x57.5Kg

BW 85Kg

Those lifts are still pretty beginner-tier; I'd keep at it until you can squat 2x BW at least.

I bet you don't even lift. They're intermediate, 1-2 years to achieve for most people according to symmetric strength

>3 pl8 squat is beginner
>he he he I posted again

Shut up.

this happened to me

i fixed it by basically taking squats completely out of my routine. i use diddy's as my only form of leg exercise. every once in a while i'll do some squats just to test my strength level with them, and i notice i've lost only maybe 10% of my overall gains with them.

basically do a 5x5 routine, take squats out, and add in dips and pull ups.

I dont understand how a routine that should be making you do a press movement and chest 3x a week can make someone like that

nobody Ive trained has had that outcome

Post body

Mad?

SHUT UP. FUCK.

Holy shit. Kill yourself.

What I wouldn't give to meet you in a dark alley and cut your fucking eyes out you disgusting cunt.

>not doing 5x5 with both squats and dips/pullups

>Is it okay to train legs with low frequency and volume one time per week and bump up upper body volume?
>Is it okay

Your parents didn't raise you right; you turned out to be a moron.

this man knows what hes talking about

>not just keeping your big legs, which women love while you increase upperbody volume
retard, there's a reason women love soccer player body

I've only done SS. I don't look great, but I look *ok*. Kinda fat but whatevs, i have too much autism for grills anyway.

200 kg x 5 lb squat,
205 kg x 5 dl,
71 kg x 5 press
98 kg x 5 bp

obviously lower body stronger than upper, but doesn't look complete asshole

Well at least you were confident enough to post a pic

Thanks. Not op btw.

So then I must be bretty good or something. I got those lifts in less than 6 months. And no, I'm not fat, I started at 6'1" 170 lbs and am now 195 lbs.

Pro tip: I'm not above average in genetics, those lifts are really beginner, that website just pads it for sensitive cunts.

Fuck off this cunt looks better than 90% of this board probably including you

SS is not a meme, its exactly what it says it is STARTING Strength, as in a beginner program you're about to abandon 6 months in tops. You shouldn't need to "fix" anything unless in the short time you did SS you somehow managed to grow an absurd amount of leg, if thats the case donate your body to the nearest university you freak show.

Either way, stop following programs like they are absolute truth, you're supposed to think by yourself and use the programs as a guideline. Nothing, I repeat NOTHING stops you from throwing some extra exercises in any routines you have, hell you're supposed to fix your own weaknesses and short comings by yourself as you can't have someone holding your hand every step of the way and telling you exactly what to do every second you're in the gym.

Jesus Christ man you don't need to be a rocket scientist to lift, in fact most meat heads are not known for their brains.

200kg squat on ss? How long lifting and bodyweight?

Lick my disgusting and hairy anus.

Off/on due to injury. Did it first time after 6 months at 175 lbs at 6' lel. Don't have video, but here's an idea:

youtube.com/watch?v=UVckwZ5t_a8

Did it again recently at 205/210. Again don't have video, but here's 194:

youtube.com/watch?v=1R9R-TRPbTo

Or, you know, you could just use some of the movements in the nearly 80 pages of "Useful Assistance Exercises" that Rippetoe included in the fucking book.

Seriously, if you're not already doing dips and chins, you're fucking up. Do some curls and lying tricep extensions too if you want. Add couple sets of push presses after your OHP, or some higher rep incline bench after your flat bench.

I won't call the cops or tell Rippetoe.

I don't like how he talks about curls. We do curls for vanity and hypertrophy, and he goes on and on about doing from the top and all this bullshit so you get a stretch reflex.

What the fuck. You don't want the stretch reflex and you don't want to do the full range of motion if you're going after hypertrophy. Do 80% of the motion so you don't become fully extended/flexed and so your biceps are under load the entire set. If you do them how he teaches you might have slightly stronger arms, but at the cost of hypertrophy.

It literally doesn't matter. If you do several sets of curls a couple times a week with some intensity, your arms are going to get larger and stronger, no matter if you do 80% or 100% the ROM, use stretch reflex, pause at the bottom, or whatever.

Yeah, you're probably right. As long as you do the work, it's unlikely to matter so much.

I've been discovering that in general with my training. Just get work in. The absolute specifics tend not to matter so much as long as it's good work and you're recovering properly.

2.5x bodyweight squat after 6 months, must have good genetics

Just do SS for the first phase (DL around 200lb) then switch for something like GSLP if you care that much.

SS is a powerlifting routine. It's literally the big three on A, then Squat again plus big 3 assistance on B. It's for newbies because rip knows newbs are ego lifters who obsess over muh prs and rip is an ego lifter himself.

youtube.com/watch?v=SybIXM0rA-Q