Do you deadlift on back or leg days? I don't understand how people can deadlift on any other day but leg day...

Do you deadlift on back or leg days? I don't understand how people can deadlift on any other day but leg day. If I do my deads with back, when my leg day comes around I struggle with squats, my erectors are dead, hamstrings shot, and I overall feel too fatigued to do squats because of how taxing deads are on your CNS.

I want an aesthetic body, so I don't deadlift at all.

>not doing deadlift on back day

well meme'd my friend :^)

Deadlift day faggot
I do romanians, power cleans, farmers walks, shrugs and leg curls also that day

I have a separate leg day and a separate upper back day

I use my squats as a warm up for deadlifts.

As in, I do my normal squats and then just do my deadlifts right away, without warm up sets.

Legs - low bar squats
Push
Pull - sumo deadlifts for reps

Legs - front squats for reps
Push
Pull - conventional deads

X

Wtf does your routine look like? I'm curious

>upper back day

Nigga, every day is upper back day.
Even off days are upper back days.

deadlift/back day

Guy in OP's pic deadlifts

Already described deadlift day

>Press day:
3x5 OHP
3x5 bench
Incline bench
Front and side raises
flyes
triceps

>Squat day:
3x5 back squats
3x5 front squats
3x8 lunges (don't always do these)
Calves
Planks

>upper back day:
Lat cable pullovers
3x5 BB rows
3xf pullups
Tbar rows
Lat pulldowns
Rear delts (face pulls, db raises)
Biceps

Wat

whats your physique look like, babe?

I deadlift on deadlift days you shit

Shit desu, only been lifting about 9-10 months. Started with SS and then did PPL and it turned into that. Also I started as a hamplanet so still on this perma cut but almost there

Here's a true story of you being a pussy;

When I started lifting I had a circuit day that ran 3 x a week. The circuit was;

Heavy Dead
Heavy Squat
Heavy Shrugs

Same day, 3 x a week.

If you're struggling after a whole day of rest after back/dead day and you can't squat then you're just a giant vagina with no drive or ambition. Kys

i was believing that too,now i feel bad that i stopped doing deads for the past 10months
just focus on some semi heavy weight for reps not that dumb 1rm shit(if you are not PL)

Thats retarded and begging for an injury. I was just asking how everyone else programmed their routines around this but instead you come into my thread to try and prove your masculinity. If you cant dead 500+ or squat 400+ then just shut the fuck up

how soon after dead day do you squat? one day in between the workouts worked fine for me. if i did them in the same day, i wouldnt have energy left for whichever comes after, I'd be doing like 1/2 the weight

>dead 5pl8
>squat 3.5pl8
>ohp 1.5
>bench 2.5

Shut the fuck up kiddo and sit down, I've been lifting since you were first discovering shoving your thumb up yer arsehole

I deadlift on back day, which is monday, and squat on leg day, which is thursday. My body is fine.

I deadlift on deadlift day, i literally only do deadlifts that day, wednesday to be precise.

u copied my stats dont dew that

I do PPL, so I have it arranged Pull (dead), Push, Legs. I only do heavy deadlifts once a week, so the 2nd Pull day after the first Legs day I'm going heavy on Rows and other stuff and will do some control reps or conditioning for DLs but won't do max effort DLs.

I don't like to squat and DL heavy on the same day. I have to sacrifice quality on one or the other.

>routine looks like shit
>body looks like shit

Gee, I wonder.

>he has an 'x' day

Never going to make it

Deads and squats on the same day? Fuck that noise.

>150lb difference between squat and deadlift

I bet you pull with the ugliest catback.

Kek how is my routine shit (really, how would you suggest improving it)
My body isn't shit just unimpressive by fit standards, because less than a year ago I was fatasafatass-mode

I would suggest improving it by doing an U/L split and not being a bitch and deadlifting after you squat on your lower days. You see those guys that look good? The ones that are natty do so because they try hard. You need to try harder.

>whahhh im retarded: the post
You spend 4-8 weeks trying to improve either your squat or deadlift on leg day and then you switch which exercise you do first so you can increase weight while keeping the weight same on the other exercise. Youll also need 10-15 minutes of rest before you do the other exercise

t. someone who doesnt have a problem deadlifting and squatting on the same day on PPL nor fullbody

U/L

Doz are my stats m8 say tht 2 my face fukr n see wot hapns m90
Wtf r u talking bout m8 fuk off

>He has a bodypart day

Faggot please go.

I'm saying your deadlift probably looks like shit.

Not that you're particularly strong.

>winter dead few months ago
>6'4, around 97kg
>currently 4.5 pl8-ing at 6'4 88kg
doesnt look shit to me doe

>picture at lockout
>you see, i don't catback

splits are for geared lifters anyway you goofball

I want to go to the gym pretty much every day though, I go 6 days a week usually. Obviously I'm trying hard, Im always increasing the weight each time, and doing amrap for the last set

Hams, quads and glutes actively contract and move the weight up.
Lats, erectors and forearms are worked isometrically.
On these grounds, I DL on leg day.

What is catback? If you mean pulling your spine further back whilst holding the lift then yes I do that too why is it good/bad

I do them on Legs/Core day.

So I do

5 sets of Squat,
4 sets of Deadlift
3 sets of KB Swings
3 sets of planks

I alternate between starting with squats and deadlifts, and whichever I do second I deload on and do more reps. I do this twice a week.

Put a day of rest for you back and hamstrings
instead of push/pull/legs, do Pull/Push/Legs

stats?

I started lifting again about a month ago after a 2 year break, today i did DL for the first time since then and struggled to do 6 reps with 1plaetlmao
is it normal because im too weak still or am i never going to make it ever

>gloves
disregard post/10

Hi doc, I'm still stronger than you :^)

you ever held a banana wearing a glove m90? (No homo)
dont care desu senpai

Only been lifting about 9 months (started off fat so permanent 500-1000cal cut):
5rep working weights
DL: 335
Squat: 270
Bench: 170
OHP: 115
Power clean: 160

190lbs, going for 170 or 180 (was like 260 when I started)

You're wasting your time with a split, those stats are awful.

its not easy to build muscle if you're on a 1000 calorie cut..

It is if you're a fat ass.

The opposite is true, your body won't enter starvation mode as long as your calorie deficit is covered by your fat reserves.

Thing is, 1kg of fat can only supply about 70-90kcal of energy per day due to metabolic limitations. So if you're 10kg overweight you can afford a deficit of at least 700kcal, someone with 20kg too much can go for 1400kcal.

>Thing is, 1kg of fat can only supply about 70-90kcal of energy per day due to metabolic limitations. So if you're 10kg overweight you can afford a deficit of at least 700kcal, someone with 20kg too much can go for 1400kcal.

source on that claim

>source on that claim
>“A limit on the maximum energy transfer rate from the human fat store in hypophagia is deduced from experimental data of underfed subjects maintaining moderate activity levels and is found to have a value of (290 ± 25) kJ/kg d. A dietary restriction which exceeds the limited capability of the fat store to compensate for the energy deficiency results in an immediate decrease in the fat free mass (FFM). In cases of a less severe dietary deficiency, the FFM will not be depleted.”

>from the March 2005 Journal of Theoretical Biology in an article by Lyle Mcdonald. The paper by Alpert et al, which examined data from various sources including the Minnesota Starvation Experiment, concluded the rate at which the body can get energy from it’s fat stores is about 31.4 calories per pound per day.

>250kJ = 70kcal

so much for the expertise of Veeky Forums. no one ever told me that when I asked for deficit numbers or how to know what won't cost you lean mass.