I'm eating 4 eggs/day (yolk included)

I'm eating 4 eggs/day (yolk included)

I worry it's going to cause high cholesterol/etc. . Thoughts?

I get I workout more than the average person but I worry it's too much still.

Other urls found in this thread:

heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Cholesterol/WhyCholesterolMatters/Atherosclerosis_UCM_305564_Article.jsp#.V5hOWTBriUk
motls.blogspot.com/2010/03/john-cook-skeptical-science.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>cholesterol is bad mkay

Why do doctors constantly say no more than 1 egg a day?

Actually curious about this i sometimes have 4 eggs a day... is this actually a problem?

Doctor here. The Cholesterol is bad m'kay meme is basically a judgement over the entire population. If you are the average white collar worker who doesn't do physical activity, yes it is bad. And because most of the population in the western world fits this archetype, its better to eat just one yolk per day.

BUT if you do tons of physical activity and maintain your bmi (adjusted with waist circumference) in a decent range, its ok to eat more than a yolk per day.

Also, your body uses cholesterol to synthetize testosterone and its derivates. Your body can also make cholesterol de novo so vegans don't need to consume it.

Thank You doctor-user-kun

Vegetarian here. Fit, and work out 5-6 days a week.

Personal trainer told me to eat 6 eggs a day to add muscle. Been doing it for months. Is he sending me to an early grave?

How much fiber do you eat? Water do you drink? How sedentary are you? Do you eat any refined carbs or vegetable oils?

If the answers are lots, lots, not very, no and no you're good to go. Yolks have a lot of choline and K2

>having a personal trainer
>being this weak minded to not be able to go to the gym and lift yourself
>wanting to be ripped off

To me it sounds like senpai is saying there's no actual need to eat eggs since the body can synthesize it.

But 6 eggs a day is a lot. That's only about 160~ protein calories compared to over 200 fat calories. And it's all saturated fat. I'm vegetarian too but I've been staying away from eggs. Get your fats from nuts and have an extra can of beans per day; the calories are much more quality.

I am .. I drink about maybe 1.5-2L of water or more a day... Can't tell you about the fibre part but i shit 2 a day if that is what you are wondering

That is interesting... Guess I will eat some beans then... cause I hate nuts...

Probably not enough water or fiber. You should be getting ~70g fiber, mostly from veggies (7 different kinds a day) with the rest coming from fruit, legumes and wholegrains. You should double that water intake too

jesus 4L of water? isnt that a bit excessive?

I'm not going to Google it but ive heard there is as much cholesterol in an egg as there is in the amount of butter you spread on a piece of bread.

Not at all, as long as you get your minerals. Of I spend a lot of time in the sun I'll drink more than 8

in during egg industry shills

go vegan

Thanks doc. Pretty much given me a clean bill of health. I have tons of water, fiber, exercise, and whole foods.

I'd like to invite you to die on purpose, you self-sucking faggot. Lifted for 3 years consistently before consulting a personal trainer since my friend wanted to start lifting and was going to pay one anyway. Figured I could learn some shit from a guy who wins competitions (and I did--who would have thought!?)

I already have heaps of nuts/trial mix and beans of all types regularly. It's nice to have another animal product to throw into the mix.

Dear doctor kun, I want to be just like you in the future. Please tell me I'll make it.

Took me a sec to realize this is replying to 3 different things.

don't be a fag

I called my family up for a chili recipe. Turns out I made way to much so I'm eating chili all the time. Didnt even record the calorie count. Just eat a small bowl and hope for the best. Checked scale and still on track.

I'm gonna make it.

Holy shit you are stupid

I was eating 10 eggs a day until I realized how much fat I was consuming.

>I lift weights a few days a week so I can eat anything and be healthy

While it has been established that eggs contain cholesterol, it has not yet been proven conclusively that they actually raise the level of serum cholesterol in the human blood stream

Cholesterol is used to repair damage induced from sugars, starches, and plant fats. Eat more meat and eggs.

>cholesterol affixes to artery walls
>forms plaques
>plaques eventually rupture and break off
>heart attack

Since high cholesterol also damages your arteries by itself, maybe cut back on the meat and eggs

Let's just shit talk and add nothing to the conversation ; )

>this is what pharma industry shills actually believe

>science is a conspiracy

>bad things done by plant sugars and oils do are actually caused by meat and eggs
>science

Keep trying, ding dong. Your garbage trolling is truly getting pathetic.

>if sugar and rancid oils can cause damage to your arteries, then nothing else possibly could

heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Cholesterol/WhyCholesterolMatters/Atherosclerosis_UCM_305564_Article.jsp#.V5hOWTBriUk

>Three possible causes of damage to the arterial wall are:
>Elevated levels of cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood
>High blood pressure
>Cigarette smoking

anecdotal:
Ive been eating 5 eggs(scramble, mostly) per day for about 2 years now, i think as long as you do cardio youre fine
sciencewise:
nobody here knows shit

What makes anecdotal evidence even weaker in this case is people take "I haven't died yet, also I'm 23 years old" to mean there's nothing wrong with eating a particular food.

>online advertisement ran by a vegetable shortening company
You don't know the first thing about science if that's the best you've got. You're in dire need of education!

>these are the people giving nutritional advice on Veeky Forums

>4 eggs
>a lot

kek
also cholesterol being bad is momscience

>best protein on the planet
>incedibly dense in micronutrients
>bad

So as long as I include a good amount of cardio I'm in the clear?

>authorities aren't really authorities, it's all a conspiracy

What keto quack websites do you frequent?

>so much NUTRIENTS XDDD eggs is MAGIC

Marketing works wonders

>comparing a protein and fat source to a carb source

Why not just eat both retard?

Just showing that eggs aren't as great as people think. They contain nutrients but it's not like they're amazingly nutritious.

You seem to have gotten your quacks and authorities confused, faggot. I bet you get a lot of stuff confused.

>authoritynutrition is an authority, it says right there in the name
This is your brain on ketones

You could have just dismissed his broscience with an amino acid profile of egg protein vs whey or chicken or any other common protein source and a screenshot of the micro-nutrient contents of an egg.

When prepared right, eggs are clean protein and fat with a bit of saturated fat which is unavoidable in most diets anyway. If you need protein and fat at about a 1:1 ratio with minimal meal prep and you like eggs there is literally no better choice, least of all bread. Your only other options are processed meats, nuts which are higher in fat than protein and dairy which contains carbs anyway. Most other things you'd have to cook.

>saturated fat, cholesterol, and lack of carbs marked as bad

Wow, just wow. So much ignorance in one image. How old are you? Does mommy know you're up past your bedtime pretending to know about nutrition?

>Dairy is unhealthy because it contains carbs

>Implying you've never been poor or intetionally got yolked before after a killer workout.

>if I just keep shitposting, maybe eventually I'll be right

>look at me being more retarded than I already am
>big names are never wrong and exist as biblical figures
>I need them cauz I kant intwo reel science ;^(
diagnosis: carbosis-induced deflection

Diary is bad for filling protein and fat macros because it contains carbs retard

>less than 5g fat per meal
>less than 2g sat fat
>less than 480mg sodium
How the fuck is this even supposed to be possible? By that logic eating anything but raw veggies or fruit would overshoot your target. Does the American Heart Association actually promote 80/10/10 vegan diets?

Serving != meal.

I eat 6 every breakfast my blood work is clean as fuck. Don't worry about it bruh.

>"""Real""" science
>Which just so happens to be at odds with what every scientific expert organization on the planet says
I bet global warming is a hoax too, right?

No, the AHA promotes moderate to high-fat diets with 25-35% calories from fat.

The WHO/FAO actually recommends a limit of 30% for sedentary individuals with normal calorie intake, 35% only for healthy physically active people.

The USDA sets a minimum of 20%, the WHO/FAO of 15%. 15% is low-fat., 30% is not.

>global warming
That's another great example of why advertising agencies aren't science.

motls.blogspot.com/2010/03/john-cook-skeptical-science.html

Meme

Are you green ?

Egg sandwich it is senpai

>dat choline
I actually didn't know. Thank fuck I eat so many

I don't know how to respond to this thread.

DIETARY CHOLESTROL AND SATURATED FATS ARE HARMLESS.

This is not some conspiracy. That you would even think that evidences the kind of person you are. Doctors are about 60 years behind the actual science, institutions are far more fallible than individuals.

Basically, if you believe that the egg is a vehicle for deadly disease, you are fucked. They caught you and made you all retarded, it affects your entire worldview. You need more help and guidance than anyone can give.