Is the zyzz workout good for rapid gains?

y/n

Other urls found in this thread:

crossfitnorthvancouver.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Wendler-PDF.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yo

Nah. Not even for roiders.
I mean you get results on roids obviously. Highly suboptimal compared to high frequency or high intensity training (metzner/yates style programming)

Whats the fastest way to gain natty style

I figured the zyzz one would work because of just how much I feel it when I do it, how many of them there are each day, and how its 5 days a week

All of this is leagues above what I used to do which was full body pure machines 3 times a week

What do

Full body

SS+gomad

I need an actual schedule

what is that

What is up with the sudden surge of faggots coming here and not reading the god damn sticky?

Inb4 summer

Its almost over

tell me

You want to know what SS + GOMAD is?

Super set + Glutes and Obliques Mixed w/ Abdominals and Delts

Not a hard fucking concept. The idea is to super set those muscles for maximum gains because of how any exercise relating to them works out the supporting muscles connecting them. For example, the delt exercises will work out your arms and traps as well

What is a super set

Basically I can figure out how to do X exercise by going to body builder I just need to know what to do and how much of it and on what days

this kid is trolling you. Look up starting strength, gomad stands for gallon of milk a day. Just eat a lot of food and follow starting strength or stronglifts 5x5 and you will get strong as a beginner

if you're asking for rapid gains you will never make it.

i'm sorry but this is the truth, as a natty it will take YEARS to look like zyzz. there's no quick way.

just put in the consistent work every workout and don't worry about the future

Is any of the stuff on zyzzs article true

Way to ruin the fun

Anyway, what he said. You're not going to be shredded doing it though, you're gonna get big (warning you now) but not into a landwhale. Nobody goes from DYEL to Zyzz in 6 months natutally. If that were true then CBT would be different

Sorry m8, I can just tell this guy isn't all there and I felt bad for him. Thanks for the laugh though

Drinking a gallon of milk a day sounds like a one way super speed train ride to being fat again

I dont think 3 times a week ala starting strength is good enough even if I don't do zyzz's sets I still think 5 days a week is good

I don't need to look like zyzz I just need to be ottermode

I wanna know if I can go from DYEL to ottermode by the end of this year

Just do a PPL

>inb4 whats a PPL

I am not saying you should do gomad, I am just telling you what it stands for. Do compound workouts and eat, and you will get strong. If you are natty 5 days a week is pure shit for you. Trust me on starting strength. It doesn't feel like a lot, but you will grow like a monster.

Post body. Starting Strength or any 3 times per week programming focusing on big multi join free weight lifts is the best for muscle and strength development for novice trainers, and this is a fact.

>I dont think 3 times a week ala starting strength is good enough
I don't think an underage faggot on a Swedish windmill appreciation forum who I doubt can even squat on pl8 knows better than a professional strength coach

Do 5/3/1

What's a ppl. actual strength doesn't matter I just need to look ottermode Also I don't wanna hear there's no way if it would be possible via extreme workout shit, if I have to go twice a day 7 days a week I'll do it, I just wanna know if it's possible without roids

wow that pic is super low quality hold on

read the sticky you fucking faggot

/thread

Better NOU. And you can't /thread your own post nigger

/thread

You get strong, then cut and look otter. Not a hard concept here. Keep arguing with everyone who knows better than you when you were the one asking for advice though if you want. Everyone here has given you solid advice, but you won't accept it.

Your not answering the big question which is can all that be done before January shows up

I would say it is well within the realm of possibility. I don't know your genetics though. And why does it have to be by January? So what if it takes a few extra months?

Its my major huge big time goal to not be a little beta virgin bitch faggot by the time 2017 shows up

Because then its a fast track to May which is when I'll be fucking 20

Plus the sooner this ends the better anyways

Follow the advice everyone has laid out for you here. Zyzz's routine is a fucking meme, don't waste your time.

Well everyone has laid out different plans and I can't tell which is the best one for what I'm trying to do

And it sure didn't feel like a meme when my body was burning but ok I'll try something else if I can figure out what to do

He looked completely tiny for a roider until he was close to being dead.

He just had amazing insertions that made him look extremely good outside the most retarded situations(skellymode/fatass).

Starting strength or stronglifts. Burn is irrelevant to muscle growth. God speed

which
is
better

it
doesnt
matter
choose
one
you
more
I
did
starting
strength
you
are
getting
obnoxious
now

what if I do strong lifts 5x5 except 5 days a week

It seems pretty hardcore and I wanna push myself to the absolute limit and not hold anything back

SS is bad because it's a program for strength and athleticism. Do a program that incorporates upper back work. Don't be afraid to do a 4 day program like 531. It's less leg frequency but you can make up for that with volume and it has increased frequency or volume for everything upper body depending on how you program your assistance work.

High volume 5-7 day week splits like Zyzz's are geared towards people who use gear.

As a novice, you will see the best muscle development following a program consisting of free weight barbell movements with some added isolation work here and there where you'll be essentially working out the entire body every time.

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

A:
SQUAT 3 sets of 5 reps
BENCH 3 sets of 5 reps
DEADLIFT 1 set of 5 reps

B:
SQUAT 3 sets of 5 reps
OVERHEAD PRESS 3 sets of 5 reps
POWER CLEAN 5x3 (or pendlay row or any other barbell row variation if you're afraid of power cleans).

Do chinups on bench day as assistance.

add 2.5kg on each big lift every time you step into the gym until you no longer progress linearly.

SS incorporates upper back via chins you monkey

no, 3 days a week is maximum

So basically full body work outs
Do they really need to be every time I work out (so there would have to be gaps between the days for recovery) or can they target different sections so I get into the gym more often

I basically wanna get as much gym time as thus as many gainz as possible without injuring myself, and I don't want any weenie hut junior beginner bullshit either I want the full on shit

This gotta be bait holy shit.

Biting.

Your gains are made when you rest, not in the gym.

Yea, I have been talking to this guy for like an hour now. I am pretty sure I am just getting trolled at this point. Dude should just read the fucking sticky...

Doing 3 sets of chins as an afterthought 3 times per 2 weeks is not upper back work. Especially considering the lack of rear delt activation observed in experienced lifters doing chins and the lack of even lat activation observed in inexperienced lifters doing 3 bodyweight chins which for them is going to failure. Also, Rip's recommendation of weighted chins for beginners is completely retarded, because beginners will do literally whatever they can to get the weight up.

I only started lifting around the start of this year and for a few months it was pure machine weights full body 3 times a week, then it was half and half machines and free weights full body 3 times a week

Now I'm trying to go into maximum overdrive lift mode and go full free weights but because I don't have years of hardcore lifting experience under my belt and because I haven't autistically read every single last article that the sticky links to you guys say I'm fucking around with you

Don't be afraid of cleans, just take them a little slower in terms of adding weight, and do them consistently.

It took me about 2 months of doing them and hating them like nothing else, dreading them and being unable to get above about 55kg before a light flicked on in my brain, I was able to do them without fucking up, and the weights started steadily climbing.

The short answer is no, you will not make gains.

The long answer is your body has a certain amount of muscle it can produce during rest periods and the lowest amount of work possible while still stimulating each muscle as much as possible will obviously result in the most muscle growth and the most balanced physique overall.

When you train your chest and anterior delts, train your back and posterior delts. When you train your quads, train your hamstrings and glutes. Whatever you neglect in your main 2 or 3 big exercises per workout you can isolate afterwards and it won't significantly impair your recovery.

Whatever dude, do what you want. I tried to help you. There is no magic shortcut. I cant care less at this point though

That actually makes sense, quality over quantity to make up for my own pussy ass bodies limitations, so is 5x5 really the max I can go? There's nothing else? Cause there's no lack of will power

Looks into roids or different recovery supps if you really *must* do more, but natty there's little benefit from not just doing a good full-body every second day

There are 2 things you can do. You can train heavy and low volume with long rests to build strength, or you can train light and high volume with short rests (to compensate for decreased load) to stimulate and fatigue muscle.

5x5 is a simple way of meeting in the middle. It works but it's not as good as it could be. SL is generally considered a program that works, but could be better.

Since you say you have some experience, I'm going to assume you know how to perform the 4 main lifts with at least mediocre form and you know what exercises you like doing for certain muscles and you just want someone to throw a popular program at you so you can follow it.

crossfitnorthvancouver.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Wendler-PDF.pdf

Read up on the program, read up on the progression. If you think the monthly jumps are too small that's fine, you'll find out when you hit more reps on the big working set that you might want to increase your training maxes a bit more. The base program is just 4 days for the big 4 lifts and the bulk of the accessory work programming you can find near the end of the book.

I want to get generally stronger, a nice physique would be nice. Is this a good program to do? I'm afraid of squats because my knees are fucked, and also rows because I fucked my shoulder while doing them once.

Not op but looking to start 531 next week. I intend Monday - Chest, Tuesday - Shoulders, Thursday - Back, Friday - Legs. With accessory work specific to those muscle groups after the main lift as per programme. Would doing bicep, tricep and abs work on the Wednesday disrupt recovery of the chest and shoulders? Should I stay in bed an hour longer.

I workout in the mornings, fasted, before office job.

The short answer is no, but you wouldn't be doing the program.

The long answer: You're working some muscles once a week and some muscles twice a week, something Wendler says not to do.

Training OHP the day after bench is stupid too. The original program is in upper/lower format, not brosplit format for that very reason. You do chest and shoulder accessories on OHP and bench day, you do ab, quad and hamstring accessories on deadlift and squat day. Arms go on the upper body days (see wendler's boring but big beach body challenge).

If your goals are to get bigger AND stronger then you should do the original program, if your goals are to maintain strength and size and work on your symmetry, definition and conditioning then do a typical brosplit and don't worry about doing heavy sets to failure or anything like that. If you absolutely insist on doing what you're doing then you'd be better off using Greg Nuckols' 28 free programs for the progression on the big lifts.

SS is for getting stronger and bigger, you will not get a balanced, symmetrical physique on SS.

I didn't notice that was SS, thought it was stronglifts. What about stronglifts then? With accessories of course.

Like I said before, SL works but it's too simple to work for longer than a few months. As soon as you're not a beginner any more, change programs.

With the correct supplements yes.

Makes sense, i'll change my days around to suit upper/lower format. I am struggling to plan the accessories though, the shit I'm reading makes hardly any reference to bis/tris/abs as accessory work so that's why i suggested a 5th day. I'll have another look around.

You do pushdowns and curls after your push and pull assistance on upper days.

Fuck you OP, you're not a true bodybuilder and will never be one, you degenerate fuck, you don't want to put the work in, to feel the pain, to sweat the sweat, read fucking sticky asshole.
get the fuck out, go play with your HESS trucks, you stupid fucking dyel. I hope you become obese if you're not already. You fat shitter.

Oh, and you do abs every lower day.

Alright sounds good i'm gonna roll with that and see how it goes. Cheers for the advice user.

This guy's a flaming autist, he'll probably throw the empty barbell up into the ceiling and get his head hit while doing power cleans..