Why do people keep a high bodyfat when building muscle and strength?

Why do people keep a high bodyfat when building muscle and strength?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zvb_Wa8EZt4&t=5m
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They don't care about aesthetics and want to keep their strength and energy high.

This

(excuses)

Why would they make excuses for not doing something they don't give a fuck about?
Its like saying a long distance runner is making excuses for not being jacked as fuck.

yeah but why does it affect your energy and strength level? Like why is a guy with 20% bodyfat building strength and muscle faster than say someone who's at 13% bf? Both get enough nutrition so why is the 13% bf guy somehow 'less energetic'?

If he's eating enough to gain strength his bf% is going to raise. People who're only looking to get really strong don't want to waste time in the cutting phase, they just want their lifts to go up and up and up.

Because they CAN'T give a shit about it.

Getting lean is hard as fuck and some people never make it even if they tried hard.

>Both get enough nutrition so why is the 13% bf guy somehow 'less energetic'?

You're answering to a fat fuck who's in denial.

So that's it? Say your muscle needs 500x to grow but you need to eat 700x because 200 of it goes to bodyfat?

guys I'm not talking about "hurr permabulk fat shit" kind of stuff here, I legitimately want to know the science behind this shit. I want to know if there's any reason to actually raise my BF to around 20 or beyond or if I can keep myself lean and if it affects my strength and muscle growth

No.

20% is already more harmful than 13%.

>hard as fuck
nope

There's no benefit to increasing your bodyfat you retarded mongoloid. They're gaining weight because they're eating a shitload. People who do this aren't entering into bodybuilding contests, they're only interested in lifting bigger weights. How hard is that to understand? There's no magical benefit to being fatter.

No what? And more harmful in what way? Are you saying I'll grow LESS muscle and less stronger if I'm at 20% bf?

It is though.

From fat and big -> big and lean

Yep, that's not you.

Then how come bodybuilders bulk

how come almost everyone here bulks?

More fat = less testosterone, more estrogen and more importantly; weaker insulin resistence

Being fat = no benefits

>And more harmful in what way?
insulin resistance,blood pressure,joints damage.

They are on steroids and don't need their natural hormones, son

Put simply, all things being equal, a heavier athlete will be able to lift more. Fatasses also generally find it easier to make progress as novices than skeletors. Weight moves weight.

It's still mad unhealthy to be obese if you're a competitive lifter, but competitive athletes don't care about their health, they care about winning the meet.

This entire question is loaded unless we know what you consider a "high" bodyfat.
I stay 12-15% year round because it's comfortable, have high energy, gain strength, visible abs and can eat pretty freely. I don't even bother with cardio anymore. Some people would call that "fat" others would think it's lean or even "shredded brah". My point in this entire discussion hinges on a personal definition. As someone who's cut to very lean before yea you look great but it's miserable going to the gym day in and out not getting any stronger all while having low energy from a deficit. I find it more enjoyable and sometimes even more challenging to get bigger and stronger than calorie counting and cutting everyday. To each their own, I'm sure one is harder for some and easier for others.

>Weight moves weight.
i dont know a single fatty who can do 5 pullups. thats bullshit.fatsos can literally not move their own weight.

12-15, especially 12, is still relatively low

I'm just wondering because I see so many people here at around that bodyfat who say they're going to "go on a bulk". What's the point?

Nowhere in that post did he mention pull ups or any form of bodyweight exercise.
He said strength, which is weight moved not # of pull ups performed.
Are you actually retarded?

1 pullup = your bodyweight moved vertically upwards one time from dead hang to chin above bar
are YOU retarded?

I alternate running and weight lifting.

I'm not sure what my body fat percentage is to be exact (probably in the 15-20% range) but I figured alternating would be enough to loose weight.

Did I fuck up?

They don't have the patience to give their body time to recomposition or lean bulk, they'd rather get significantly stronger in the short term and deal with the cutting later. Like I said to each their own, this probably works fine for those with the discipline to lose the fat afterwards. Others, myself included, prefer a lean bulk, yes some fat is gained and slow progress but I never balloon up quickly or rapidly drop weight. I'm more or less maintaining at my current weight and strength anyway so it doesn't bother me too much if I'm not shredded year round. You'd be better off getting a tan and staying strong than cutting for that last line of striation only to refuse even having a beer on vacation.

Do you even understand the basic mechanics of a pull up?
It favors people with little to no lower body development. You can take a massively strong person and because they squat and deadlift very heavy they have a heavy and thick lower half. Will they perform as many pull ups as Joe Blow who has never squatted a day in his life but has stick legs and flying squirrel lats? No ofcourse they won't, Joe Blow will easily outpace them because he's got little to nothing to pick up. Does that mean Joe Blow is stronger than the strongman or power lifter? No.
So I'll ask again are you sure you're not retarded?

The US marines use pullups to measure upper body strength.20 is the perfect score.a powerlifter who can't do 10 pullups is basically considered weak even by the US marines.
its official.

Because otherwise you can't build muscle. You would know this if you bothered to read the fucking sticky, you ignorant fuck

you're a mong.ofcourse you can build muscle and remain the same weight.never heard about body recomposition? begginers have great effects on it as well.

you're fucking retarded read the thread

Sooo does that mean if I can do more than 5 I don't have to consider myself a fatty anymore???

Not everyone stays lean easily, some have to stay in a deficit or not as much food as they need in order to stay lean which means you dont have enough energy to perform well in the gym.

Or they just want to bulk and reach their goals instead of bulking for 3 months making minimal gains then cutting and losing most the strength. So they take a longer approach and bulk for longer.

any non fatty fit male under 40 should be able to do 10+ dead hang pullups.

Bulking from 181 to 230 was one of the best decisions of my life. Bench went from 185 to 445. Deadlift from 275 to 545.

And best part is all my clothes from 181 still fit me. Gained like 8% bf at most.

Caloric surplus is definitely goat for strength and endurance but it sucks how much you have to eat to maintain it in the future.

>the US marines are the global standard on the definition of "strength" not the IPF,APF and WSM etc competitions whose only function is to test and pit people in feats of strength

Also where did I say strongman or power lifters couldn't perform 10+ pull ups or 20?
Please re read my post, your grasp of it is severely lacking.

wtf how long did that take, and what steroids?

445 bench nigga that world class

youtube.com/watch?v=zvb_Wa8EZt4&t=5m
"strong" powerlifter cant do 5 kipping pullups
KEK

Of course, but it's a very slow process, not ideal for building muscle in a time efficient way. Beginners can pull muscles out of their ass for the first two-three months of training.

The user asked why people bulk - it is to cultivate mass

after a certain point your body feels that its got enough muscle and wants to get some fat instead, due to various factors decided by years of natural selection, of which i don't have a good enough understanding to go into detail.

humans aren't supposed to have tons of muscle and low bodyfat. after a certain point, it wants to keep the muscle/fat balance, and in order to gain more lean body mass, more fat gain will be required, since the body is now more interested in packing on fat instead of muscle. that, and other factors pointed out by anons already such as energy and shit. its pretty observable - at the olympic level, heavier, fatter people are stronger because in order to gain the extra muscle required for that strength, they have also had to accept the fat.

the reverse is also true. if you cut down to 5% bodyfat, your body will notice that instead of having too much muscle, it has too little fat, and will strip you of your muscle in order not to lose that last 5% of fat. again, the body wants the fat, and would rather drop the muscle which, in mother nature's eyes, is now more important than shit loads of muscle.

that is why bodybuilders literally need to add more hormones and shit - to bypass this fat/muscle balance that the body has relied on for survival for millions of years.

thank you first good response in the entire shitshow of a thread

What part of
Did you not understand?
I can't tell if your trolling or just being intentionally stupid anymore.

Meant for this dumb faggot

Makes sense, thanks! Only post in thread where its not shitposting and answering the question in a clear concise way, again thanks man.

Plenty of other informative response in here also, fuck you faggot. Shouldn't have even bothered replying if you were this dumb

Ibs not kg silly euro

Still strong as fuck, and un explained time frame.

The only people i know who can even bench 405lb are on gear.

point me one good response before that