Why are so many of you afraid of cardio? Its essential if your an athlete...

Why are so many of you afraid of cardio? Its essential if your an athlete, but even more important if you are only lifting for cosmetic purposes. It gets rid of excess body fat, and tightens you up.

Other urls found in this thread:

chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2011/02/run-and-youll-only-die-tired-logic.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/12/run-and-youll-only-die-tired-logic-part.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2011/02/run-and-youll-only-die-tired-evidence.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2011/03/run-and-youll-only-die-tired-evidence.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2011/03/run-and-youll-only-die-tired-evidence_23.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2011/04/run-and-youll-only-die-tired-science.html
bodybuilding.com/fun/hiit-can-get-you-huge-especially-if-you-are-meathead.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm running 20 miles a week but imma need sauce on that OP pic.

I second the request for sauce

We are afraid of AEROBIC cardio.

Anaerobic cardio is fantastic, just can affect recovery.

Aerobics fuck your gene expression, nutrient partitioning, leptin sensitivity, insulin sensitivity, ghrelin regulation, cortisollevels, and has a plethora of other gains killing detriments.

Mai Chan's Daily Life

Inoue Kiyoshirou's Houshii iin no Oshigoto

Summerfags

Houshi Iin no Oshigoto (Tasks of Promiscous Girls) by Inoue Kiyoshirou

about 35% decreased hypertrophy gains and about 15% decreased strength gains

having said that i still think it's worth it

I'm afraid of cardio because cardio hurts like hell and so much worse than any amount of lifting

Or at least it was back when I was 307-270 pounds, maybe its different now

I've also been told that cardio kills your gainz

Plus doing a bulk is a very fine balance between not getting fat and actually building muscle and I feel like the calories burned from the cardio would push me into just maintenance or even cutting zone

I could care less. I am sorry to be the baron of bad news, but you seem buttered, so allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false mortality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-madonnas, but you seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. so I ask you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything but the kids Nysnc, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back to into reality, because it's now like the pot calling the kettle cracked. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Irregardless, make my words, when you get down you brass stacks it doesn't take a rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts, instead of baking a half bread effort. You might have to come to this conclusion though denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it's a peach of cake. Except the fax. Irregardlessly, I guess it was inevadible....

Can you explain the difference between anaerobic and aerobic cardio?

I'm familiar with what anaerobic/aerobic mean... but I can't visualize what the difference in those exercises would look like. Could you give two examples?

>I've also been told that cardio kills your gainz
meme, no scientific evidence has ever supported this.
You eat the calories you burned during cardio afterwords, and you avoid doing leg or arm focused cardio before their respected lift day.
I tend to get leg day done at the start of the week so I can run the rest of the week.

It's no different than your usual bulking cycle.
You have your basic surviving calorie macros, your macros specifically for muscle maintenance (or in this case bulking), and your macros for cardio.
Since an hour of cardio will only burn anywhere from 200-450 calories(extremely unlikely on the top end)that's like one sandwich or another scoop.
It's that simple.

*weighted dips fedora*

Not that user, and I'm not sure if I can explain it right... But compare sprinting at 100% effort vs. a light jog. Doing battle ropes vs. the exercise bike.

Basically it's short bursts of very high intensity stuff vs. just maintaining a lower intensity activity for a longer period of time.

Ok. Yea. That seems stupid simple.

I thought there was a whole different class of excersises out there I hadn't heard about. Disregard, Im kinda baked.

So if the point of cardio is not to lose weight then whats the point

Because right now I'm bulking

So which is the good type and why?

gee i wonder

Sprinting is good because you're using your muscles, jogging is bad because you're using your lungs

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

>the point of cardio is to lose weight
is what i'm assuming you meant to type.
Because the aerobic system is an entirely different system that effects the efficiency of the entire human body including the gains of the anaerobic system via
>reducing stress
>hormone balancing
>lowered blood pressure
>improved blood flow

All of these things help to create a better human, you don't have to prioritize cardio over lifting. I sure as hell wouldn't.
However you should be doing some form of cardio.

lol kys

do both

[citation needed]

Will cardio make me look leaner even if I'm bulking/maintaining?

cancer

>hurr durr no fun aloud
faggot

im not a big fan of doing it inside. I live on a ghetto street so when i go out for run i gotta deal with trashy people makin comments as i run by shirtless. I still try to do 2-3 miles 3 times a week tho. Nothing too intense, just enough to stay moderately healthy.

>a tripfaggot telling others to kill themselves

Start with yourself you fucking attention whore

I hate this image. Guy on the left runs 150 miles per week for years. Guy on the right is on gear, literally gains muscle professionally, and is sufficiently responsive enough to that training to be an Olympic caliber outlier. It literally has nothing practical to do with this discussion.

All my cardio is done in the bedroom ;^)

It's literally just white muscle fibers quantity vs red muscle fibers quantity.
I'd say do a lot of swimming. It both requires muscles and endurance, and it's a shitload more fun to do than running.

And aiming towards anaerobic exercises specifically for gains doesn't really matter if you're not on roids and training specifically to get a top-tier physique unattainable natty and without making sacrifices. If you're an average fit guy, then just do everything in considerate doses. Aerobic exercises are good for your body, amaerobic ones too. Movement is good for your body.

I wish I had a gymbro...

>and you avoid doing leg or arm focused cardio before their respected lift day.
>I tend to get leg day done at the start of the week so I can run the rest of the week.
then it DOES kill gains, you're just bulletproofing yous against it. Seems like a lot of extra work for burning some calories my body naturally will due to muscle mass gain and increased calorie demand.
Cardio is like using cash to buy a 5000 exp bag in an mmo.
Lifting is like spending that cash to buy a stone that raises the exp you gain by 20% just by being in your inventory.

FUCK OFF

>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2011/02/run-and-youll-only-die-tired-logic.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/12/run-and-youll-only-die-tired-logic-part.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2011/02/run-and-youll-only-die-tired-evidence.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2011/03/run-and-youll-only-die-tired-evidence.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2011/03/run-and-youll-only-die-tired-evidence_23.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2011/04/run-and-youll-only-die-tired-science.html

>leg or arm focused cardio
>leg
>or
>arm
>focused
>kαρδίᾱ
WTF is a leg or arm focused heart?

>focused cardio

>focused
>fucking
> cardio

>FOCUS

>taking the advice of a edgy roiding 5'5 loser who cherrypicks his sources and literally had gay buttsecks for money
I mean I like CnP as well, but CMON

>Had gay buttsecks for money

I'm not surprised but where does he mention it? Can't wait to hear his reasoning.

Just Google Jamie Lewis gay4pay

Cardio is great. Running, on the other hand, should probably be avoided unless your sport requires it.
>sled
>rowing
>cycling
all jim-dandy

This is kind of a meme desu

Agreed

Because they're a bunch of lazy pussies, honestly. "Anaerobic" cardio is bullshit. It doesn't produce the benefits of aerobic work and it never will. Everybody should be regularly be doing some form of aerobics. There really is no excuse, and it's laughable that people on a "fitness" board actually try to actively avoid it. What kind of athletically-oriented thinktank outside of the meathead circle jerk seriously go out of their way to forgo aerobics? You don't have to be a fucking marathon runner but is a brisk walk for half an hour a few times a week really too much to ask for? The reality is people want to delude themselves into thinking they can somehow get away with ignoring one of the primary metabolic pathways in their body by doing a couple of bullshit sprints or pushing a stupid fucking sled and thinking they're hardcore. Meanwhile these same people generally have fuck all for gains to worry about losing in the first place. If you really just don't give a shit then fine, but stop trying to rationalize it.

and what about running.

People don't seem to understand that speed endurance is a thing.

I can run 10k in 45 and I am 90kgs, not a world-record, but competitive enough.
84-93kgs seems to the best weight range for the majority of sports requiring muscle, power, and speed endurance.

People who hate cardio and think it kills gains are literally fabricating it.
The reason marathon runners maintain a low body-weight is to increase energy efficiency, as they typically cover distances at a speed wherein increase muscle mass provides no benefit.

Strength is only 1/3 of all fitness training

If you can't run at least 5k in 1/2 hour, or an equivalent in some other cardio sport (swimming, cycling).

Then you really have no right to call yourself Veeky Forums

Jeez it's worse than I thought. Still love ya Jamie

Leg or arm focused cardio is simply what it fucking sounds like.
If you're going to do legs, don't run the day before.
If you're going to do arms, don't swim and use your arms the day before.

You're missing the point, it doesn't kill gains in the sense that doing cardio will actually stop you from making gains.
If you do leg workouts every single day, you'll atrophy no? You do understand this right?
So you don't want to run and than do legs back to back. Just because it's not lifting doesn't mean the rules of muscle regeneration change.
Plus, cardio increases blood flow across the body, increasing testosterone production via more blood to the testicles.

People who lift and do cardio have better health than just lifters.
HIIT has been proven to raise testosterone also.
bodybuilding.com/fun/hiit-can-get-you-huge-especially-if-you-are-meathead.html
The best part is you can do HIIT using both the anaerobic and aerobic systems.
Maximizing the benefits of both.
Citations are provided in the link.

Personally, I love jogging. I'm fat as hell, so my main focus is losing weight, but I really, really enjoy jogging. I go eight miles, four days a week and yes, my mile times are abysmal, but I'm certainly seeing it's influence in my weight loss, endurance, and my general happiness.

Eating at a between 500 and 1000 calorie deficit with the jogging and light lifting sees me losing a little less than two pounds a week.

This post is a perfect example of why no one should ever take advice from Veeky Forums posts at face value, ever.

>You're missing the point, it doesn't kill gains in the sense that doing cardio will actually stop you from making gains.
>If you do leg workouts every single day, you'll atrophy no? You do understand this right?
All i hear is "it doesn't kill gains,it just kills gains
>Plus, cardio increases blood flow across the body, increasing testosterone production via more blood to the testicles.
What kind of banana-hammock do you wear that makes this even relevant? Why not just fuck or fap?

anaerobic is short bursts of 100% effort, builds up lactic acid and makes your muscles burn. Aerobic is longer term and makes everything hurt in a much more general sense, it feels like your chest wants to explode because you just can't get enough air in your lungs but at the same time you can hold that level of exertion for hours.

Gazelles are anaerobic.
Humans chasing Gazelles are aerobic.