Alcohol pre-workout

>alcohol pre-workout

would a couple strong drinks be that bad if you are working out at home?

>releahse inhibitions and not holding back and going to complete failure
>increased pain tolerance

i think the key is only a couple and not getting shitfaced
any other benefits?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/society/2016/jul/22/alcohol-direct-cause-seven-forms-of-cancer-study
youtu.be/LAl95iEcJl4
discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/mythbusters-database/alcohol-warms-up/
mentalfloss.com/article/32256/does-drinking-alcohol-really-keep-you-warm-when-its-cold-out
omicsonline.org/effects-of-vasodilation-and-arterial-resistance-on-cardiac-output-2155-9880.1000170.php?aid=3452
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

All of your greentext is idiotic.

You don't need it, so don't drink it.

"Only a couple" and "going to complete failure" what could possibly go wrong ???

On another note, if it's all about recovery, then perhaps yes, pre drinks are better then post.

I drink 6 50ml shots of whiskey before going to the gym and I make more gains than when sober

Yeah never heard a better idea in my life man...

I go to the gym drunk all the time. I'm stronger drunk and I think it because I have bad social anxiety so I'm scared to give it my all in public unless I'm drunk

this

>can normally curl 35-40lbs with a dumbell
>get buzzed
>curl 60lbs

Do it, what could possibly go wrong right?

Iktf bro when I go drunk as fuck I can bench 40 lbs more than my usual 1rm for reps, no wonder guys fight when they're drunk it's a definite testosterone booster until the booze wears off

I wouldn't go out to a gym buzzed but at the fraternity house we have a decent garage gym so at parties I'll get lit and go squat and bench just for shits and giggles. We had a girl at a party once come in and squat 2pl8 it was fucking hilarious. Think she was a ΑΟΠ.

theguardian.com/society/2016/jul/22/alcohol-direct-cause-seven-forms-of-cancer-study

LOL, enjoy your cancer faggot.

Nobody cares there is no point living past 40 anyways buddy

t.alcoholic

Fyi

Oxygen is implicated in 100% of cancers.

alcohol and lifting doesn't mix, faggot

Alcohol decreases the amount of blood flow to muscles like the heart, which weakens them and may potentially lead to muscle death. Weakening of the muscles in the heart can lead to disorders like cardiomyopathy, where the heart beats slugglishly. Alcohol also inhibits the repair of lost or damaged muscle, thus making it difficult to completely recover.

I don't give a fuck if OP's gonna make it or not, so go right ahead.

You may have swole bodies, but because your spirit is not swole you cannot reach your potential without a crutch. Abandon the sauce, unleash your true power.

Nah I'd rather enjoy life brah, sober is shit and boring man

LOL tell that to roofers who get drunk everyday. Swole mother fuckers never set foot in a gym and they're more swole than you autistic fags and have no diet and drunk everyday

Honestly one of the dumber posters in this thread.

Did you just google some words like myopathy and try to apply them for the first time?

I take it one step further.

I usually snort a bit of heroin to give myself just enough of a high to lift heavy shit but not enough to nod off and not lift. Feels great man.

Chris Duffin has talked about this before, with his whole "Whiskey and Deadlifts" thing. From what I remember basically a shot before can help reduce inhibitions and help you lift because you don't have the same fear but it's not something you should be doing every workout for every set kind of thing. Think he has a video talking about it with Mark Bell.

For reference Chris is one of the strongest people in the world and squats and deadlifts over 900lbs (recently he pulled 960 for 3 reps), so this isn't exactly some whacko talking. His approach to lifting in general is very scientific and he's worked with people like Stuart McGill.

Iktf but I take dilaudids

You are weak and cannot make it.

>these are the people who gives fitness advices on Veeky Forums

If a shot can reduce your inhibitions you're either 12 and never drank before or 5 feet tall and 90 lbs

Fuck I need 6 shots to even reduce inhibitions but I have bad anxiety

>you go on Veeky Forums for advice

You're the dumb one, everything that user said is true. Alcohol reduces blood flow to your extremities and is bad for your heart. Medical FACT.

1/10. Russians drink because it increases blood flow and warms you up dumbass

this.

Just let them jeep this troll going and see how many retards will fall for this one

Islanders drink rum because it cools them down tho...

No they don't alcohol warms you up which is why you can't get drunk out on really hot day because you'll passout

Alcohol inhibits protein synthesis, ya goof.

You can still work out and make gains, but it's gonna be a much slower process. Even if you're lifting heavier.
If you have anxiety, force yourself into a social situation, or flirt with a girl/guy, to get your adrenaline rushing.

Damn, that's a loving mother. I don't know why this depresses me so much.

Have we learned nothing from Fronk??

youtu.be/LAl95iEcJl4

Don't expect to hit your PR with alcohol.

a little weed, a little alcohol, a little caffein. it's all good for workout. one day i'll for sure try lsd and/or shrooms before a workout

Funny because I have on squats bench and OHP

I have a gf and still have severe social anxiety

I'm posting this for the benefit of retards that can't tell you're a weak-ass wannabe troll.

discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/mythbusters-database/alcohol-warms-up/

mentalfloss.com/article/32256/does-drinking-alcohol-really-keep-you-warm-when-its-cold-out

omicsonline.org/effects-of-vasodilation-and-arterial-resistance-on-cardiac-output-2155-9880.1000170.php?aid=3452

How am I trolling? Russia is cold and they're drunk as fuck all the time

The best pre-work out is a combo of oxy and adderal, or if you can't find that heroin and meth.
>feel no pain, feel amped up
>feel good and happy
>no nods

Fuck alchohol as a preworkout, anytime I've thrown out my back I've been drunk or hungover/dehydrated. Now that I got my suburban speedball down, I'm going to make it

because you know he's a weeb named dante who probably gets bullied ;_;

What happens with alcohol is that the small capillaries near the skin dilate. So you have an increase in your perceived temperature but at the same time you're losing heat from your body faster. In cold weather it's dangerous because it feels good but helps exposure kill you faster.

I don't know how you managed to do that,i couldn't hit my PR when i used to smoke weed,for me it's pretty much the same shit than alcohol but i may be wrong.

Russians want to die

Alcohol makes you stronger

>russia is cold

What does that have to do with anything?
The question is 'Does alcohol warm your body?"
The answer is "No"

It doesn't matter what feeling you get after getting drunk, alcohol will not increase your body's core temperature, and is scientifically proven to do the opposite
You're being a retard just to be a retard.

If its an ipa ill drink one, if its a blonde Ill drink two. Its not bad if anything youre not gonna feel the trip to snap city initially until you the weight down.

No it doesn't, the strength was within you all along.

See

>Have three beers before lifting because Veeky Forums told me it somehow helps
>Vomit after doing deadlifts

>blowing money on booze if fun
>talking with people you don't care about, talking about things you don't care about is fun
>needing alchol to have fun is fun

Honestly bro, I've had much more fun/succses with women sober, than I ever did drinking. I even have more fun in bars now than when I was drinking.

>don't care about
>don't care about

That's your problem.
I genuinely enjoy meeting new people and hearing what they have to say. Alcohol is a great way to do that.

That's not to say I can't have fun sober, but it's about balance.

drunk lifting is fun as fuck, I broke a squat PR doing it but hurt my back when I went to failure

Meeting new people and hearing what they have to say is fine too.

Meeting new people and hearing what they have to say while sober is fine too. Don't need booze to be a social butterfly brochacho

No its not you don't talk to people unless you're drunk

YOU don't talk to people unless you're drunk. I converse just fine

Alcohol doesn't actually warm you up dipshit.

you'll talk better and a bit more on a moderated amount of heroin too, plus no hangover!!!

This was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread.