2 Month in here...

2 Month in here , I'm doing this routine but made the Dips a Main lifts and added Glutes bridge on A and C and Lunges on B as accessory , is it good or does it have too much volume ? So far I'm making progress on all lift and i'm feeling fine every workout session .

I feel like volume is fine on 3x a week you should have plenty of rest. As long as you aren't overly tired going into each workout you're good.

What program is that with the dark background and leet hacker font?

hm I haven't seen that routine before
looks much better than phrak's version
has anyone finished their novice phase with it?
I'm doing ICF5x5 and it's wrecking me at this point

looks like some editor for programming
emacs or something

>bunch of shitty acceasoriws haphazardly slapped onto galp
>much better than phrak's

Kys

For sure drop all that nonsense when you start getting closer to intermediate (similar to sl dropping from 5x5 to 3x5)

Arm isolations lead to shitty delt:arm ratios, imo

Also shittier body symmetry than phrak's

A vertical pull per vertical press
A horizontal pull per horizontal press
That is called fantastic symmetry. The OP not so much

>kys
kill yourself

>Arm isolations lead to shitty delt:arm ratios, imo
please tell me how the big compound movements will target the rear deltoids
I'll wait

>please tell me how the big compound movements will target the rear deltoids
>I'll wait

well
there's rows

I don't agree that arm isolation will lead to shitty arm/delt ratio. When i started doing more arm isolation, my ratio got better

Literally any pulling exercise.

Chins and rows both

Also rear delt isos =\= arm isos

Post pic pls.

I have never isolated arms, and they are almost as wide as my delts. I would gladly lose more arm size, if it meant fixing my proportions

Too lazy to take a picture.
Everyone has different genetics. I've always had trouble building my arms. Why would you want to lose arm size? Just fucking gain more shoulder mass. Press and a shit ton of lateral raises.

I didnt say losing arm mass is my goal or what i want.

But i would gladly lose arm size if i got to keep my delt size.

Just do more chin ups and ohp and watch the bitches grow again.

Pls post pic tho

P.s. I do ohp (or push press) instead of bench 3 times out of 4

Side lateral raises every single day (muh feeders) super low weight on rest days, only go heavy (4-6rm) once or twice a week. Do it as much as i feel i can without overreaching

I've always had trouble with the 4-6min rest time.
Like do people actually do this?

If you can't do a bare minimum of 12 FULL ROM (((STRICT))) overhand grip pullups, don't do weighted chins because your joints are going to hurt like shit forever and then you'll just back out of doing them.

Sometimes 8-10 for 3rm or higher

Shit sucks.
But if you dont reat long enough, you cant lift the same weight for the same reps on the second set.

Taking a dab between sets speeds up recovery, ime. Only recommended for high tolerance

China arw only bad if you have a straight bar. Angled bars (angled sideways, not down as most are) and hammer chins are safe.

But by that reasoning you shouldnt use supinated grip on barbell rows either

Strong point, but the point is that with curls, you can use lighter weight to get used to it, so there's no point into rushing into weighted chins when you haven't even worked with your body weight.

I'm not saying he CANT but I'm advising against it considering most people are just going to stop doing an exercise when they get pains outside of DOMS, let alone a newbie who doesn't know if he's doing something wrong.

Currently running a similar setup for gslp, but hip thrusting 2x a week and two accessories a training day.
Save for a single set of shrugs when I'm taking weight off the bar after deadlifting, and external rotations whenever I feel like it for now.

Not bad so far. Thinking of treating my reverse grip triceps press like a main lift.
(I have to take a reverse grip on some pressing movements due to a torn labrum in a shoulder.)

Kinda feeling weird about only curling once a week, but I want better lateral/rear delts.

The Body Building GNU/Linux Master

>Side lateral raises every single day (muh feeders)
prove to me that it isn't a meme.

I can't, and have no inclination to

Prove doing as much volume on an exercise as possible without it negatively affecting progression or noticeably affecting recovery is detrimental or something that should be avoided...

>please tell me how the big compound movements will target the rear deltoids
Funny enough lacking rear deltoids shows you have bad form on your compound movements. If you are pulling properly in your dead/row/pulls you SHOULD be hitting them just fine.

It also tends to point to people having a routine like OP's

2 presses for every pull

Twice as much front delt work as rear delt work.

And fags wonder why they get rolled shoulders

What routine would you do instead? SS, SL?

>SS
Has the same imbalance issues. Point out the upper body pulling movements?

SL swaps out the cleans for rows, which IS an upper body pulling movement and will balance the benching. Chinups balance the OHP and you are good to go.

Phrak's greyskull with side lat raise on ohp day, and accessory of choice (i recommend either calf raise or shrug)

SL is garbage tier mod of SS

the poster above me is not the person you asked for the recommendation (me)

>and acessory of choice
... On bench day

>SL is garbage tier mod of SS
Please, do explain yourself.

A person with ZERO programming (or lifting) knowledge copied ss, decided pc are too hard, and more sets = more growth (disregarding MRV and the fact progressive overload is basically maxed out in the novice after 3x5. If you want more volume do an AMRAP at the end like greyskull)

But he knows you will stall on 5x5 and will have to switch to what works (3x5) as soon as you lift meaningful weight.

Ss is made by an experienced strength coach based on what he has trained people and gotten the best results with
SL is made by a marketing jew who wants your shekels

I disagree. You have no horizontal pull on SS and adding Rows makes sense. Taking out Cleans also makes sense as Rip added these for "explosiveness", something most people don't care for. Read Rips justification for cleans, do you think that speaks to even more than 10% of new lifters?

5x5 means more reps, which means more form practice which is the most important thing in the first few months of lifting. Once the weight gets heavy you drop the volume out to focus on strength. Have you seen someone start lifting, their form is always terrible and they have to do set after set to learn.

SS seriously overloads pushing. You have OHP/Bench every workout balanced out by some optional pullups. That is not good.

>doesnt care about explosivity or power
You can change the exercise selection and still be on SS

I agree anout the lack of body symmetry, hence my recommendation was greyskull

I still consider ss a superior program to sl and an essential read regardless of what routine you choose

>You can change the exercise selection and still be on SS
No you can't. There is a whole chapter in the book dedicated to screaming at you NOT TO DO THIS. Does the acronym YNTDP ring a bell?

>doesnt care about explosivity or power
No, I don't. I care about size, strength and balance. I bet lurkers here would also preference size, strength and power over explosiveness.

> an essential read
I don't disagree. But I don't think you have argued that Power Cleans are a good thing to have, certainly not when the alternative is rows.