Do you count the bar?

Do you count the bar?

I count the clips as well brah

What do you mean?

Of course you count the bar, it's part of the weight you're lifting. If I'm forced to use a smith machine for whatever reason I don't count that bar, but that's only because it varies between the 3 brands that are available at my local gyms

No of course not, you count the weight added.

are you perchance lifting a weightless bar?

>Do you count the bar?

Yes.

yes.

no but I do count the weight of my arms

lmao sup weakling

do you count your arms too?

No, just as I don't count the distance I walk before the start line.

How to increase your lifts fast:
Lift a weight using a standard 20 kg bar
Now use a 15 kg one
You increased all your lifts by 5 kg
DOCTORS HATE THIS TRICK

Top kek I knew Veeky Forums liked to e-stat but you're literally adding 45lbs to your max to try and look strong. Piss off.

Na man, it doesn't weigh anything. Gotta be careful sometimes though, they tend to float away. This one idiot at my gym put his weights away and the bar got caught in the ceiling fan. Rookie mistake

>not compensating for the gravitational attraction of the moon

it's like none of you even lift

one CLEVER user discovers this one SIMPLE trick for a huge PR.

I don't see me listing any weights in that post. Strong projection there kiddo. Are you intimidated by the big strong men on Veeky Forums that list your body weight as a warmup? Does it make you upset?

>"F-fucking faggots, they're not lifting that heavy, they can't be, they must be adding the bar, t-that's cheating."

Don't ever reply to me or my post again.

Obviously not.

People ask "how much WEIGHT" do you lift, not "how much WEIGHT + BAR" do u lift hurr durr

Not to mention the gravitational attraction of the sun, or the rest of the galaxy for that matter.

haha fuck

You only count the bar for lifts that don't come off the ground.

DELETE THIS

Why are there so many dumb fucks in here not counting the bar they are 20kgs for fuck sake whats wrong with you.

I count plates

225 = 2 pl8 bench
1 pl8 = 45lbs
4 pl8 = 180lbs

ofc you count the bar

>Why are there so many dumb fucks in here
like you?

>do you count your arms too?
Yes of course, arms have weight

Pussy, what do you count the gravity pushing down on you too? Fucking loser trying to pad his stats

Why wouldn't you?

Avoid this conundrum by using the Basic Replaceable Objects (BRO) measurement system: pl8

The bar is 45lbs not 20kg

I bring in my machine to calculate the air pressure in the gym because I'm lifting the air around the bar as well so you have to count that.

You must austract from them the weight of the holes to be fair tho or you're cheating anyway.

Guaranteed replies

>be a weak grill
>decide to lift weights
>time to do OHP
>can only do the bar for 5x5
>time to log my lifts for the day
>"OHP: 0 lbs, 5x5"

having that picture saved on ur computer i guess thats the line for when u become a anti social fuck...

I dont count the bar but I do divide the weight of the plates by 9.8 (which is gravity) and then divide it by the number of plates. Its kinda the standard thing to do OP, im surprised u dont know this...

what about pullups?

do you guys count bodyweight?

>not accounting for atmospheric resistance

>austract

Depends what bar it is.
45lbs = 20.4
Bars made in the US might weigh 45lbs or 20.5kgs

Bars made in metric countries might weigh 20kgs or 44lbs

You do realise that if counted gravity as a weight you would be measuring the force on the bar not it's mass (commonly what we refer to as weight) lbs/kgs are units of mass.
assume gravity = 9.8m/s/s
A 45lb barbell would have a weight of 200 Newtons due to gravity

Every official lifting committee counts the bar.
IPF, Olympics, IWF, WSM, etc

Oh Jeff, you caught me hahahaha
it was a typo
how can I correct the post i don't find the account menu anywhere in this site
I think I'm lost hahahaha

Anyway best regards Jeff, Cheers!

This nerd is talking about Fig Newtons...lol fatty.

counting the bar + you = a billion newtons of gay lmao

>he counts the plates
Lmaoing at your life. Only DYELs count the plates

fuck no

I subtract the bar. So for 1plate that's 135+45 so I need 180 for 1 plate
It's fucking easy if you can do the math. Counting the bar is cheating

yeah theres 1 of them.

Excellent b8

Study some physics you fucking retard.

I laughed, thanks senpaitachi

Does the IPF count it?
Yes, the bar counts

We all know zyzz lifts the bar for us. So no dont count

Your damn right, you didn't lift any weight unless you have plates on the bar.

requesting the
> you have to compensate for the holes
copypasta/cap

>not taking into account your elevation, barometric pressure, wind, and other factors into your lifts
>not recording all your lifts and measuring precisely how much of a "rep" each one was using a standardized distance for a rep

Today I did 24.78 reps of 217.35 lbs, how about you guys?

If you count the bar, do you also count your body weight when squatting?

>Not including the weight of your body that you have to lift

Never going to make it desu

only the body weight that exists above the muscles you work with squats

>failing to account for gravitational pull of OP's mom
rookie mistake

Of course not. You don't count he weight of your clothes when you do pull ups, so why count the bar?

>Not measuring the weight of the water you consume

Step up senpai

Laughed harder than I should have

I guess yeah you count the bar but on a smith machine (kek) nah dont even start making shit up.

>le you lift it so you count it maymay

You don't count the bar for the same reason that weather predictions don't count temperatures starting from absolute zero. The bar is a triviality that everybody who does an exercise is going to lift, thus making it the default reference point, which is never counted in any other context that involves units of measurement. Do we count the height of Mount Everest starting from the center of the Earth? No, because using such scales would not at any additional information to the measurement. Similarly, adding the bar to your lifted weight does not add any information. It serves purely to boost your ego.

>He doesn't lift in a dungeon that accepts only cash, where each barbell is broken in a different way and only two of them were 20kg, brefore the repairs.

step your game up senpai

The bar weighs something, doesn't it?

thank you.

8/10

He's technically not all that far off. According to GR, space pushes us down

I just say shit like "2 plate" or whatever, never measure in lbs or kilos.

pretty good argument actually

Actually pounds are force not mass. Pound is most properly converted to newtons when going to metric, but that confuses SI-fags because they misuse kg in daily life.

for recording my own weight used during the session. No. I just log the weight on one side.

For comparing to everyone else. Well, I don't compare to anyone else. Just to what I lifted last session.

shit just realised Arnold Schwarzenegger is using a fucking suicide grip

I don't even count any weight that isn't a 45. I bench 0

Do i count my own bodyweight when doing squats?

sure, i benchpress 2 plates + bar

>not wearing a motion capture suit and tracking all your movement to calculate precisely how much body mass you moved what distance parallel to the local gravitational field lines

do any of you dyels actually think you're ever going to make it?

Yes, I also add the weight of my spotter for good measure

>Falling for the not counting bar meme

I love how this picture demonstrates the dimension added to your frame by your lats. You can easily discern how normal his skeletal frame is, but the addition of the lats makes him look enormous.

We measure the height of Mount Everest by sea level. In your analogy, the weight of the bar is counted because bodyweight = 0 ft above sea level. Don't be retarded.

>Do you count the bar?
Do you subtract the buoyant force from the atmosphere?

Veeky Forums is so dumb.

>be DYEL skeleton
>can't OHP the bar
>build up strength with dumbells
>progressive overload: 20 lbs, 30 lbs, finally 40 lbs
>fuck yeah, embarrassing milestone, but time to start pressing the bar
>OHP just went from 40 lbs for reps to 0 lbs

That there are people here who honestly believe this makes sense makes me despair for mankind. You're so stupid.

The bar is just an object you need to push the plates. you can count the bar but its better not to. kind of a mind trick for yourself to motivate yourself

Kek I bet he also counts the weight on the bar :^)

>Veeky Forums is so dumb

What did you expect in a sea of memes and bullshit posturing?

But there are also "girl bars" or at least my gym has them, that weigh 5-10 kg less. There are also 55 pound bars at my gym, above the standrrd 45 pound. So shouldn't you count the bar to distinguish your total weight lifted regardless of the bar type you're using?

>What did you expect
Basic familiarity with math.

>at the gym
>benching
>warming up with bar only so I literally don't move any weight
>wonder what I'm doing with my life
Are you retarded?

By that logic you wouldn't count the plates either because everyone lifts the plates and they become a triviality

Simple test to see if you should count the bar

>Lift bar up above you
>Let go

Did bar stay?

Don't count it.

Did bar fall on you?

Count it.

You needed to try this?

You're a fucking idiot.

Count the bar.

Go ahead, nothing to worry about.

Bench pressing is such a shitty exercise, I can't stand it, Deadlifting, OHP, Squats, pretty much everything feels good but laying on a ""bench"" and hovering a weight over your chest, neck and head just feels like prolonged suicide

Yes because I am a faggot

If I was to go to the gym, grab air, and deadlift it, I would truly be lifting absolute nothing. If I was to grab the bar and deadlift it, I would arbitrarily be lifting more than air, and since air is absolute zero, logic dictates I must be lifting something above zero.

Ayy pic related

>Not measuring the weight of the air in your lungs

Man it's like you don't even want to make it