What protein to use

New to Veeky Forums.

what protein powder you you guys recommend? should i go for an 80% whey or 100%? is my workout right to use protein?

this is what i currently do at the gym...

Monday:
back squat 15 reps 4 sets
walking lunge 20 reps 4 sets
ham curl 12 reps 4 sets
deadlift 10 reps 4 sets
leg press 20 reps 3 sets

Wednesday:
Bench press 15 reps 4 sets
DB flys 15 reps 4 sets
shoulder press 10 reps 4 sets
upright rows 10 reps 4 sets
press ups 10 reps 4 sets
tricep dips (assisted) 10 reps 4 sets
treadmill 2 mile run

Thursday:
Assisted pull ups 12 reps 4 sets
single arm row 10 each side 4 sets
bent over row 12 reps 4 sets
seated row 12 reps 4 sets
close lat grip pull down 10 reps 4 sets
EZ bar curls 10 reps 4 sets
DB curls 10 reps 4 sets

Sunday:
Squat press 15 reps 4 sets
alternating lunges 20 reps 4 sets
sit ups 15 reps 4 set
bicycle crunches 40 reps 4 sets
rower 20mins

Other urls found in this thread:

theproteinworks.com/tpw-100-whey
lmgtfy.com/?q=what are compound exercises
twitter.com/AnonBabble

100% if you're willing to pay extra. 80% if you're a poorfag.

any good places to get it... bare in mind i'm from the UK

Literally anywhere? Amazon for example and probably thousands of other fitness websites sell it.

Way too much volume in your routine, especially in your compounds. 4x15 squats? You must be lifting some light weight at that point.

As for the whey get 100% if you can.

what are compounds?

It was done as a fat burn routine. I'm gradually going to take the reps down and weight up, is that the right thing to do?

I've been doing it for two months now, my start weight was 210 pounds and now i'm currently at 193. I have noticed good muscle gain and fat loss already

Just get some cheap shit from MyProtein, BulkPowders, or similar. The extra gram or so of protein per scoop you might get from more expensive brands isn't worth paying double the price for.

And are you making your own routine? That's a rookie mistake. Read the sticky and do SS or somesuch.

theproteinworks.com/tpw-100-whey

thats the protein I'm looking at.

My routine was done by a friend who has just started his own personal training business.

I've always used Optimum Nutrition, but I might get Myprotein since it's a lot cheaper.

If you're a beginner that routine is fucking awful.

That's quite the weird routine you have. A beginner routine with literally not a single low rep compound. Enjoy your zero gains

Looks a bit overpriced, but it's your money.
Make sure you track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal though. It's entirely possible you don't need whey at all.

And most 'personal trainers' have no idea what they're talking about. I really would suggest that you do a routine from the sticky, they're much more tried and tested than your one, which seems to be building every single muscle individually as if you were Frankenstein's monster.

Did you ever try reading the sticky? You're going to stop seeing gains very quickly on a routine like that.

lmgtfy.com/?q=what are compound exercises

I switched over to my myprotein from ON as it's so much cheaper. Plus it ranks highest on labdoor

Holy shit that routine, what am I looking at.

My protein impact whey is the cheapest per gram of proteons. Good amino acid profile. It's what I use, you just have to use a bit more of it. Still cheaper though

Alright! I'll give it a try after my ON tub is done.
Any recommended flavors?

I usually get vanilla or unflavored if I plan on taking it together with my casein

This. Go to myprotein at get some unflavoured impact whey. You can buy the same stuff on Amazon too. Sometimes a bit cheaper on delivery.

Milk.

Your friend, like 90% of PTs, is a moron. Go read starting strength and practical programming. After you're done you're more qualified than your friend.

This is one of the worst routines I've seen

>My routine was done by a friend who has just started his own personal training business.

It's a poor routine. Sick to Strong lifts, Starting Strength, ICF or any one of the common beginner programs.

There's way too much volume in your program.

There are no fat burning routines. If you want to lose fat, eat a slight calorie deficit, while working hard on one of the above programs.

thanks for the helpful advice guys. i'll have a read.

don't understand the criticism maybe you could follow it up with something helpful i am after all trying to better myself. But again i'll take it on board and read the sticky.

5x5 and lift hard. No cardio. Too many curls. Actually too many of everything.