Veeky Forums opinion on Dan Carlin's Hardcore History?

I really enjoy them. He takes a different perspective into history and explains various topics in an interesting way. Dan does state multiple times he's not a Historian and it's more of an interest.

we have this thread every day.

I really enjoy his work. Its mostly pop history, but I like his pacing and he gives a good overview of interesting periods of history.

It's pop-history trash. Stop making these thread, Dan

Proper pop-subjects are underrated if you take it for what it is.

We have this thread every other day.

I think its good that it exists just to raise the bar on what people are exposed to. Its better that someone listens to this than something like pic related

I thought it was only when new material comes out but apparently not, they should at least try to make any sense

normie stuff, pop history trash like one user said.
the best stuff you can find in proper academic books, you just need to find the right ones.

>proper academic books
>If you're not %100 immersed on a subject you cannot have any form of enjoyment out of it.
Are you autistic?

well you dont have to be 100% immersed to read an academic textbook, but they tend to be the best and gives you usually well researched good info.

Seriously, what the fuck is with the Carlinphilia on this board?

>Id like to learn a bit about How DNA strands replicate
>Let me read some Wikipedia and watch a couple videos on it
>HURR DURR If you aren't reading Academic Journals of Biology you are wasting your time retard

Kys yourself autist.

Samefag detected

>hurr durr the "great war" wasn't all that great

sage

He's fine. Nothing wrong with vulgarizing history.

Americanised pulp. He just needs explosion sound effects.

Horrible Histories for manchildren.

Horrible Histories is top tier kino

Complete garbage just spouting horribly inaccuarate nonsense

>I'm not a historian, but...........

so it seems like this is a conflict between the good guys and bad guys, like a Harry Potter versus the Voldemort, but it's actually more nuanced, so it's more like a Game of Thrones thing

That thing got destroyed like the Death Star man, if we had a TARDIS we could've teleported there to tell them what they couldn't have known then