Running is 100% mental!

>Running is 100% mental!
>it's LITERALLY the easiest thing ever, all you're doing is putting one foot in front of the other one!
>of course I'm healthy! 6'1" & 85 pounds is fine!!!
>you don't eat ONLY beans, rice and toast for every meal?
Post other dumb shit running fags say. General /Hates runners/ thread

>running isnt mostly mental

Why cant you faggots understand that not everyone want to be huge.

You judge every person by your own standards.

These guys can probably run marathons and you cant, everyone wants something different.

Whats with all the hate.

Spread some love.

>not being able to breath from lacking cardiovascular endurance and eventually collapsing becasue of it is somehow mental
uhh...

This.

Jesus christ OP is pathetic
>durr durr some people are different from me durr durr haha lol right guys? xD
Just be glad, you'll look jacked next to these guys

Guessing you're a lardass who can't run a mile without stopping for breath

Men worry that running a few times a week will turn them into a skeleton level Kenyan marathon runner.

Women worry that touching a 5 lb dumbbell will turn them into Arnold in drag.

I'm an army fag and I hate running. It's absolutely shit, but I have to do it.

Op is butt hurt. Let's go for a run guise while op makes some "gainz"
/thread

Good for them.

>t. sour grape fatso

I don't even run but who cares? it's one of the most functional exercises ever and cardiovascular health is pretty damn important

Sorry OP... don't share your retard rage.

Was a skeletal distance runner in HS and can confirm all distance runners think they are at the peak of athleticism and no other sport could touch distance running in terms of how hardcore it is.

>"our workout is your PUNISHMENT"
>"we run 10 miles with ease!!"
>who cares if we aren't big and strong? We're FAST"

Fucking faggots, all of them. Myself included. Only after experiencing other forms of physical activity did I realize how delusional I was as a distance runner. I still respect the sport, because it is by no means easy, I just don't respect how fucking ridiculously huge those fuckers' egos are

My brother has a very hard time controlling his blood pressure due to my mother and her parents being a very unhealthy trio, he's a huge guy (4u), and he does cardio 3 -4 times a week while also hitting he gym 5/7 days of the week, and he pretty much stays jacked while also having good cardio

I'm a terrible runner, naturally stocky, don't have very good lung capacity, always seem to get injured, I've had a sprained ankle, rolled ankle, shin splints and now a problem with the tendon on top of my foot, all in the last 3 months.

However I'm joining the army, have exactly 2 months to get down to a Sub 10 minute 1.5 mile time, currently at around 11:30, I have a good routine already sorted, a proper one from the military, but do any runners in here have any advice for how to stay motivated during the run? I always find myself stopping after a while because of how fucked I am, and find it difficicult to just push through.

Any advice would be really appreciated boyos.

I am still a skeletal distance runner and can confirm this is 100% true and everyone I run with has an enormous ego and believes they're in better shape than you
laugh at runners all you want because god knows they're laughing right back at the dumbass weightlifting gym culture

nice strawman but seriously why do you hate cardio fags?

before intelligence became a factor, running is what propelled the human race into an apex predator.
we used to literally outrun everything to death.
animals would sprint away and we'd jog after them all day until they collapsed from running away.
Then we'd eat.

You can't be mad at people doing what they evolved to do.
Well actually you can, fuck tradition, but you need some good points.

>Be 83-94kg at low body fat
>Run 10km in Run 100m in 12.2
>Be 1/2/3/4+

You need all 3 to be truly Veeky Forums
Power, Speed Endurance, Strength

I did middle distance stuff, which was OK. Got some endurance but didn't go full Mr. skeltal. Running is still cool though.

>tfw finally started running again

It's nice. But I have to get different headphones, cables are annoying

bragging about running 100m in 12.2 seconds haHAA

Just get in the zone.
Running is like a trance, you do not focus too
much on the little things like breathing, posture,
road conditions etc. I find day-dreaming during
runs really help during long dist runs but you'll
def. slow down during short-to-med distances.

Breathe through the nose for the first 0.7 mile,
then through the nose and mouth for the next
0.8. Do not stop, at no point should you look at the ground but always maintain at the shoulder level (Enjoy the trees and the sky.)

Just keep running. Run faster if you are falling behind. Keep time and train. If possible, keep in pace with someone. Stay competitive, stretch, stick to the motion and you got this in the bag.

I don't hate the runners who do it for the competition and/or enjoyment.

It's the stupid fucks who think running is good cardio, or has any health benefits who piss me off. Runners have much higher rates of heart disease and they smash their knees up worse than crossfitters.

not bragging, it's a milestone you retard

nobody brags about fucking 2pl8 bench or 1 pl8 ohp either, they're milestones

I agree with the user though I'd add cooper to the list

I hate running distance so I sprint or run hills/bleachers

I don't run, but high resistance ellipticals are a good wind down for me after I lift

Running dist. is the most enjoyable though

Just zone out and enjoy the passing scenery
A really good Stress Reliever, esp. if you live in a major city

Most runners are cool. Just like some vegans are cool, some criminals are cool..

Literally just spreading the hate to the ones that preach their practice as the most perfect thing to ever happen to the universe.

>If a vegan preaches to you about eating animals is wrong, you should be ashamed, eating animals is unecessary, etc, etc, etc. Those guys are assholes
>if a vegan has made up their own mind and just chills about it, these guys are cool.

Same goes for runners.

Nice post, redditor.

Not user you replied to but this is really helpful. Thanks user

The ones that say it basically assume that everyone they talk to is at the same fitness level as them

Dubs of truth
[/spoiler/]It would have been truth even without the dubs[/spoiler/]

>friend buggs me to run with him
>finally do it after a year of nagging
>he acts like i slow him down on purpose
>tells me to just breathe and run
>is legit pissed at me for running slower than a trained half marathon runner
>sprints off after 20 minutes and leaves me alone in the woods grasping for air and almost puking
>not my friend anymore

fuck runners

aesthetics>everything

Exactly, being balanced in exercise is good, working out one muscle group too much is bad and neglecting a muscle group is also bad.
I like to mix up my workouts, I always include cardio(cycling, running or swimming), but when I am lifting weights, I will perhaps do an extra set on the barbell or maybe an extra set of hammers to "surprise" my muscles so they don't "get used" to one workout as I find that this make it easier and for me working out is all about pushing myself to new limits

Lmao I'm 100% certain you've never ran to the point of complete exhaustion

>I've had a sprained ankle, rolled ankle, shin splints and now a problem with the tendon on top of my foot, all in the last 3 months.
If you keep damaging your ancles, you probably aren't paying attention to how you place your feet. Focus, so you don't injure yourself. Shin splints are often caused by training regime escalating too quickly, overtraining, or not relaxing (letting forefoot drop) between steps. If you are still in pain, you should ease off on training or stop and go for walks instead. This won't help you get in the army, but fuck that, the army sucks, you'll be risking your life for politicians, and we all know they suck.

To reduce stress on joints, especially knees, run on soft terrain like grass > dirt and try to avoid paved road.

As for motivation, try to think of why you are running, what your goals are. That can help you push your limits. Remember how you want to die and kill innocent people to boost some politicians career and the economy of the weapons industry. Don't think about how tired you are or the pain you are feeling. It helps me to breathe in a rhythm or sing a song in my head.

Those are decathlete-tier stats mate

>my RHR is 30, Im pretty healthy
>yeah I'm 6'5 and 100lbs
>yeah I can complete a marathon
>my 100m sprint time? 49 seconds
>yeah I'd survive in the wild

>LE EMBRAEC DA LUV, BRAH

Fuck off.

If you cant run a km without running out of breath you cant really call yourself fit.

We're the greatest long distance runners on the planet. Not even being able to run five Kilometers is a pathetic display. What is it with Veeky Forums and disregarding the heart? It's a the center of every physical thing you do, why neglect it?

You can be ripped and have good cardio, you'll just have to eat more

1 km intervals will kill you though

if I ran 10km 3 times a week would I become a skeleton?

>not being able to willpower through that and not collapsing.

Nigga, running is exactly like a contest prep diet. 99% willpower, 1% assorted bullshit that everybody knows how to do, but lacks the willpower to actually do it.

Why so salty mister edge?

Can I just say as a female that runners are gross looking? You look like beef jerky. Skinny, emaciated, stringy muscles, lanky and gangly, not healthy looking at all.

I think the ideal guy has some muscle but not bodybuilder level, and a touch of healthy body fat without having lovehandles and mantits obv.

Runners look like cancer victims. Plus it destroys your knees. Hiking while carrying weight has been shown to make you better at running than actual running can, you know for when you need to run from something or run to catch a ball or shit. And hiking doesn't destroy your knees.

Sprinting is fine.

Functionality>everything

You metrosexual degenerate

Take hit to the gym, have him do your bench press warm up, with no spotter, and laugh at him getting pinned under 2-3pl8, while you rep it out.

Seriously, finish your set and poke his broken sternum.

What do you think, user?

5km is easy.
It is a matter of how fast you can do it.

I was hoping that I'd be able to eat like I was dreamer bulking and not get obese while still progressing with lifts

if I could do either of those I would brag about them

Well, you can't outrun the fat if you keep eating at a surplus (As far as I know), but it will certainly keep it better in check. Also, cardio will help you with your lifts.

Going on runs super stoned but with plenty of water is the best nothing like a nice 5k flying high

As it is with any distance

I prefer cycling as cardio to distance running, but hill sprints are brilliant conditioning
Cycling up short, sharp hills in high gear is brilliant for interval training

Goodun

What about after I run and get shin splints then can't run without a lot of pain? Should I just mentally power through?

Grunt?

What kind of shoes do you have, and How's your form? Mine used to kill me until I got a proper pair of shoes.

No, you shouldn't run on an injury.

You should NEVER run with shin splints. You'll fuck yourself over, and it will end up being a detriment to your cardio

Yep. Just did my air assault 12 mile ruck, then my jerk Sgt had me do combatives and a 4mile run with assaukt pack today. Fucking long week bro

sad bait m8, everyone should be like you I guess?

Ice your shins and do stretching. Take a week off from running and get back gradually after that

Just generic cushioned "running" trainers desu. Never known whether to believe the marketing around personalised running shoes etc. Is it actually worth it?

There are different shoes for different foot types. If you go to a running store someone can watch you on a treadmill and give you the correct type of shoe for your gait. It is absolutely worth it for novice runners. Helps prevent shin splints knee pain and foot pain

You're fucking retarded for bashing on running being mental when you don't even know about proper running shoes. Yet another example of ignorant meat head shutting on us runners. Just go lift your weights you low IQ baby.

That wojak at the party in running clothes is spot on too. 'i could run and no one could catch me'

Just tan a slow but steady 5k. Feels good.

But it's a dumb sport and the body required makes you look like a fag.
There are many sports to choose from, choose one less pathetic

This. Runners are fit, just a different kind of fit.

We should be pointing out cannons at fat people, not people who chase fitness activities other than bodybuilding.

I'd rather sit by a rice eating skele on a plane, than a hamplanet who overflows into my seat and soaks everything in bacon grease scented sweat.

You dont have to look like that to run decent distances.

Why the fuck am I even defending this sport against you meatheads?

Youll keep finding excuses to never do any form of cardio because cardio takes actual prolonged effort.

Anyone can lift something and put it back down again, but to run a few miles or more takes a mentally most of you roidmonkeys dont have.

3/10 for making me reply.

Same goes for everyone though. What has this got to do with runners specifically?

>Runners have much higher rates of heart disease and they smash their knees up worse than crossfitters.

You gonna provide legit sources for that is it that you speak out of buttpain that you say such things?

Fit seems to agree. Like the fatty hate threads. They don't actually hate fatties at all, they just hate fatties who think being fat makes them superior.

Replace "being fat" and "fatties" with runners/running, women/feminists, powerlifters/permamegabulk100%bfstronk

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT THAT SHIT
reading this literally triggered me
I used to do 6x1000 m repeats with a girl who's a D1 xc/track star now because we were the only long distance girls on the team.

had to go DEEP into the well to keep up with that bitch. couldn't run for a whole summer after that season.

t. ugly guy

post fit

Enjoy your failing cardiovascular system by the age of 40, faggot.

Nobody on my crosscountry team thought like that, we ate a shit load of carbs. Here is your you

>Running is 100% mental!
Only hobby-joggers say this. Competitive runners understand talent and training.

> im a grill

Not a chance.

I did cc and one thing you don't want to do is to start walking or stop. Eat lots of food, drink lots of water, and go ham every time. Also, the best long distance runners hold the same pace from start to finish. You gotta be pretty good for that though

>Hiking while carrying weight has been shown to make you better at running than actual running can
topkek

You're probably the kind of person that thinks ankle weights work too. Not even at hobby-jogger status.

"so, you actually run in those? I got these recently they're awesome"

Its literally all physical. Any mind game you play with yourself while your running is completey seperate to actually running

Lol I hear this all the time. Good example, user.

>>If a vegan preaches to you about eating animals is wrong, you should be ashamed, eating animals is unecessary, etc, etc, etc. Those guys are assholes

Yeah, THEY'RE the assholes...

Yeah killing animals for food is cruel as fuck. They should all be allowed to roam free in the wild where that shit never happens. Pic related, a friendly lion playing chasey with cute little baby gazelle :3

>for food

Your store doesn't sell non-meat foods? You're just a lion who's killing cows for survival?

>tfw ran xcountry to stare at girl booty
>tfw went chad mode when founded my high school rugby team and made them my bitches
Felt good breh

Get better shoes
Get boots for ankle support

So you want to exterminate ALL animals kept for producing meat? That sounds cruel, y-you wouldnt release them all to the wild, would you?

running works all the muscles groups i wouldnt give a fuck if some runner looks 8x better than me since its so simple and no one give a fuck

Swim

You're right, it'd be much less cruel to keep breeding billions of them every year to stick in cages and slaughter until the end of time