Do blue eyes have some evolutionary purpose?

Do blue eyes have some evolutionary purpose?

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Do-people-with-a-lighter-eye-color-see-better-in-the-low-contrast-dark
abc.net.au/science/articles/2015/09/04/4294967.htm
sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080130170343.htm
vspenvisionnewsletter.com/2014/07/does-eye-color-affect-my-vision/#.WixVMcvvLqA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

they are a genetic defect

Yes, they're hot. However this is a Veeky Forums question.

No. Brown eyes are superior, even in snow.

Get chicks

Is that why German and Scandinavian women fuck arabs and blacks?

institutionalized white guilt and consumerism are a hell of a drug

Well yea. You thinking there's something Germans and Scandinavians don't get to fuck? lol

it makes wh*tes easier to be recognised and then killed

Dark hair and light eyes are the chad phenotype.

German women fuck dogs, they are barealy a standar to hold blue eyed peoples by.

See? They'd rather fuck dogs than blonde sissy german boys.
Agreed. Dark hair makes men look more manly

>inb4 that Nordicist chimps out

Wtf they're all so ugly in these pics

>Wtf they're all so ugly in these pics

descendants of the pleiadians, not native to earth fauna

Something to do with sunlight

They allow you to see better in the dark. Beneficial in winter.

Just the guy in the middle desu. Not everyone looks good smiling.

Blue eyes are superior in the dark and during the winter months. This is why whites belong in Northern Europe. Brown eyes can have the rest. I care not.

Brown eyes are better in snow.

Merchant lies.

If that were true, Nordics would never have developed blue eyes.

Nodics aren't from the north, they're from Ukraine and the Mediterranean, they just happened to settle in the north at one recent point.
True northern people like Eskimos and Yakuts have brown eyes.

Northern Europeans as a species evolved from Neanderthals + Humans.

Neanderthals had blue eyes because it was better suited to the light reflecting off the snow. Asians as a species never developed this because of the lack of Neanderthal DNA

Eskimos and Yakuts only survived at those latitudes due to their vitamin D rich diet and total lack of competition (the former could only be sustained due to the latter), that doesn't mean they're not at a disadvantage.

Asians have more neanderthal admixture, hell even native americans havr more than asians. Am I being meme'd?

Cumskin fetish and better night vision. Don't play manhunt with the whites.

Asians have more Denisovan DNA than Neanderthal.

East asians and native americans have more neanderthal admixture than europeans.

They indicate high IQ and a high time preference.

This is so wrong it counts as an argument against popsci sites and magazines.

Sexual selection. The people with blue eyes stood out from their competitors for mating. Sure, there may have been marginal advantages to low-light vision, but the primary reason the trait spread was because so many people thought it was attractive.
Blonde hair has a similar origin.

Then why are blue eyes so rare? Neither Asians or Whites are Sub Saharan Africans so they both win.

Varg can't be wrong.

Signalling you have nice pink pussy.

As a color scheme, blues reflect light more therefore in the night it might make your eyes brighter (or with cameras. such as the infamous red-eye effects)

Black/brown eyes make your invisible in night(and cameras).

As for evolutionary purposes or design, the color of the eyes probably reflect(pun intended) the size of the eyes. With blues reflecting more, their eyes would have to be more open. With black/brown eyes, since the lights gets absored quite strongly, they needed a smaller eyes. This is probably true for northerners with brown eyes given the angle of the sun would hit their eyes more often than those in the southern parts.

Because blue eyes is a sapiens mutation not a neanderthal mutation.

Wrong. Never met a black with blue eyes and they're all Homosapien.

It makes WOMEN more attractive.

My mistake

Women can't be attractive

No. It is a neutral mutation.

No.

Yes, it's not the colour of feces, hence an aesthetic upgrade.

It's attractive, and people's who settled in areas with little sunlight tend to lose all forms of pigment (Irish with pale skin and blue eyes, Nordic with blond hair) because it's simply a waste of energy to create this pigment. Also helps in the dark.

They don't
Stop spending so much time on pol

Aw, don't spoil his teenage fantasies. He's the German girl in those.

Explain why user.

>better for seeing in the dark

They'd be yellow if that was the case. Not aware of any night hunting animal with blue eyes.

Blue-eyed people have much better dark vision. Black people have real trouble seeing in the dark, it's like they're constantly wearing sunglasses.

owls have infrared vision installed in their eyes so stfu

>HURR

Tell me, moron, are blue eyes paler than brown? Yes? Then they're better for seeing in the dark. Are they the best possible choice of color for this? No, that would be mirrored / silver, or maybe white.
>HURR you call that huge muscle-man strong? LMAO an elephant could beat him in a strength contest, lmao what a wimp!

The blue eye mutation is only 10k years old, at the most. The last Neanderthals lived about 30k years ago. Blue eyes also do not improve vision, not in the snow, not at night.
There are no different (sub)species of Homo Sapiens, northern European or otherwise. The admixture on Denisovans and/Neanderthals is very, very limited.
>inb4 map
Yes, the distribution of single mutations can be traced and mapped. That doesn't make the mutation more significant.

they confer better vision at night and make you more likely to reproduce

>make you more likely to reproduce
Bullshit. India, Africa, China and Japan shit on your fantasies.

>Then they're better for seeing in the dark
This is complete bs.

You realize you could have just googled that and realized I'm right, instead of telling us all how totally stupid and ignorant you are? Dumb cunt.

Memes aside, blue colour is prominent during the night and dawn. You don't want it absorbed, if you aim to hunt during the night.

Sure but don't confuse the poor little dear, he thinks if an eye isn't exactly like that of an owl, it can't possibly be adapted to see in the dark. He isn't ready for concepts like "optical wavelengths".

>google that
ok.
quora.com/Do-people-with-a-lighter-eye-color-see-better-in-the-low-contrast-dark

Color of the iris does NOTHING for eye sight.

>quora

Really? Hahah you truly are a dope. Try using an actual source and get back to me.

abc.net.au/science/articles/2015/09/04/4294967.htm
sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080130170343.htm
vspenvisionnewsletter.com/2014/07/does-eye-color-affect-my-vision/#.WixVMcvvLqA

Waiting on a source that supports your idiotic claim tho.

>those "sources"

HAHAHAHAHA

Not an argument. Not a source.

>HURR]

Go fuck yourself you retarded faggot, do I look like your mommy? You want me to wipe your ass, too? If you care then google it, dumb lazy retarded sack of shit.

>le triggered autist
Perhaps now would be a good time for taking your meds.

>hurr why does my abject stupidity and laziness trigger you lmao

You are a moron, and people should tell you that.

How would blue eyes help at night? Your pupils fully dilate in dark conditions so there wouldn't be a difference between a black guy with brown eyes and a nordic guy with blue eyes if they were in dark conditions. Light doesn't enter through your iris, that's the reason they appear blue in the first place (rayleigh scattering). Pretty basic biology desu.

>hurr durr your sources are shit
>No I don't have any myself
Are you twelve?

Guess what dumbass? You don't have any sources, I mean fuck, Quora? Are you kidding me? I can find people there who argue my case, what do you think that shows for the reliability of that site? Science daily? Seriously? Why not just link to Black Science Man's twitter account while you're at it? Jesus fucking Christ. No source at all >>>> the idiotic and self-refuting """sources""" you tried to pawn off.

Well, again, give me one (1) source that is of better quality and proves your claim. I'm pretty sure you can't do that because the iris, whatever color it is, does NOT effect night vision. Or any other kind of vision for that matter.

So, anything other than said source I will consider as your utter and shameful defeat.

Consider it what you like, I could not care less what a proven retard thinks. Educate yourself, or don't.

>"dude go google it lmfAO"
>okay, here's the first result off google
>"DUDE QUORA ARE U KIDDING ME LMAOO"
>okay, here are three other sources
>"DUUUUUDE one of those sources is so bad LMAHhahahAHAHAHahi ACNAT RBEATHE"
>okay, you give me a source that disproves them if they're if so low quality
>"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU KIDDING ME JESUS FUCKING CHRIST DO I LOOK LIKE YOUR PARENTS SERIOUSLY??? OMG GO BACK TO YOUR BILL NIGH AND NEIL DEGRASSE MEMESON DUMB IDIOT LIBRUL SHILL"

>all that asspain

Like I said, I don't give a single shit if you remain an ignorant retard or not, I'm not even slightly interested in educating you.

I'm not even the guy you were arguing with, I just think you're a waste of oxygen

do us all a favour and slip that noose back over your neck buddy

>HURR

Yeah whatever retard, I totally believe you're not that same moron, too.

Blue eyes are a recent mutation from 6000~10000 years ago, just search for it.

they have a sort of rhetorical function

its harder to look right at them and harder to look away, makes women more attractive to men, but also makes them more capable at that 'gaze' thing, and makes men more intimidating to other men, also makes kids realy realy cute, like aww no spare that one and give him some food kind of cute

things like that realy mean more than any haphazard ''adaptation to enviroment'' shit because humans are the actual dynamic enviroment in which a phenotype recapitulates itself

same thing with people with pale white skin and pich black eyes, its a mindfuck sort of thing, a huge lot about us is realy about emotional manipulation, which is good because thats how social animals are supposed to function, but then theres allways a end point and thats -better you than me- so every bit gets couted up, every little bit of edge for when shit gets rough

descendant of atlantean, I higher race

You're black? The real Atlantis and El Dorado are the same place in Africa.

lol butthurt

what part of low light don't you understand dumbass?

Light only enters through your pupils, which are fully dilated in low light regardless of race, making the amount of pigment in the iris irrelevant.

The best part is that blue eyes were more common in Europe before pale skin was.

I wish I could articulate what I'm thinking here properly, but isn't colour itself a result of the level of light absorbtion an object has? i.e., the sea is blue because it absorbs all other forms of light?

So hypothetically, the darker the eye, the more light is absorbed; and thusly the less light there is available to reflect into the eye, which would make them better at seeing contrasts.

Isn't there some kind of advantage to not having light reflecting from the coloured part of your eye directly next to the light-absorbing irses? I don't know how light and colour works, I'm just rambling here.

Everything you see is light reflected from a surface. If light were to reflect off the iris into the pupil you would see your own iris.

Eye color has no advantage or disadvantage regarding vision.

Define genetic defect

>Nodics aren't from the north, they're from Ukraine and the Mediterranean
Yamna also had majority dark eyes. "Classical" nordics (i.e. "Halstatt type", certainly not all nordics belong to this type other than the swedish heartland) are depigmented neolithic farmers from the mediterranean, why they were depigmented I do not know.

Well the current theory is just sexual selection, but also that the lighter iris allows for potential partners to see when your pupils dilate, ie "get bedroom eyes" meaning you like them and want to procreate. Thus leading to easier procreation.

>Yamna also had majority dark eyes
Nordics have the most of their blood, however, also the EHG forefathers of Yamna had light eyes so they too had the genes for them
>depigmented neolithic farmers from the mediterranean
Idiot

This is odd because the hallstatt phenotype (e.g. Varg) looks nothing like yamna reconstructions or any other north eurasian, hallstatt nordic is metrically most similar to classical mediterranean type.

who gives a shit what the reconstruction looks like, actual genetics indicates that the nordics have the most yamnaya blood, along with balts, finno-ugrics, and east slavs

Yamna had dolicocephalic / mesocephalic skulls, as do modern Nordics. What archeologists think they might've looked like doesn't matter, it's not factual.

Yes, but corded ware skulls are meso-brachycephalic, this does not gel with the hallstatt nordid type (though is far more common in Norway west of the mountains and finnish-baltic areas).

Literal faggot

Nobody cares about brachycephalic outliers in later cultures, the original Indo-Europeans were a mix of mesocephalic UP European types such as Faelid, Tronder etc. and dolicocephalic types such as Corded Nordid.

But then why are the most "indo-european" populations, i.e. west norwegians and lithuanians meso-brachycephalic?

Brachy types gained more predominance in Slavs and Balts who intermingled with them (Slavs mixed with I2 natives which is the source of that skull shape), also Norwegians are predominantly dolicocephalic / mesocephalic.

Not in Western Norway (where R1a and R1b, i.e. indo-european heritage) peaks.

Note that also the most brachycephal areas are some of the least cosmopolitan/metropolitan areas historically, and that the brachycephalic area north of Bergen (Sogn) is where Harald Fairhair was most likely from.

>Jews aren't whit-

The facts are not on your side Grzegorz, most R1a heavy areas are in the North (not that your map isn't bullshit) and there has never been a significant presence of brachy types in Norway, most people are dolicocephalic and mesocephalic just like their Indo-European forefathers.