Upping the D

>blood results came back from the doctor
>everything looks fine, except Vitamin D was critically low at 19
>probably been deficient for years

so how do I up these values? Thinking about taking 10 000 IU Vit D3 daily for 6 weeks surely will give me a good boost to the better 50-70 levels? And then following it up with daily 5000 IU to maintain those good levels?

Tell me the good way to go about this, lads. Keep in mind i live in a country where it's overcast most of the time, and rarely sunny or hot.

>your ps3 broke
>no more Demon's Souls for you
Fuck, why did third suck so much.

Careful not to up it too much

Supplements wont help, just taking it in pill form makes it hard for your body to process. Going in the sun is one of the best ways. If you're pale, which if you liflve in overcast you likeky are, it shouldn't take much sun

im not taking pills, im taking it in oil drop form, PRAYING that this way it gets absorbed better...

Also trying my best to go outside more during peak sun hours of 10AM to 2PM.

there's no way to know in what level a certain dosage will result, unless you actually test your blood levels again

10k iu is fine for a while, and overdosing wont really harm you much but ending up with levels that are much too high is definately undesirable (i got to 250 and didn't feel very good, bad libido, low estrogen sides basically - i believe it also directly affects some mineral metabolism pathways)

try to just get some sun once your levels are in the healthy range

why wouldnt supplements help? can someone attest to this?

and 5k iu daily got me down to 120ish, still to high

maybe 5k eod or less for maintenance, but sun exposure is better

but i know some who needed 5k daily just stay in the lower healthy range, and most others are fine with 1-2k

1000IU should be enough. That's on the high end of what is usually recommended, which is 600IU. Super dosing is unneccessary and unhealthy. You should also take vitamin k with you vitmin D to aid absorption and reduce calcification within the body.

those low (normal) doses are fine for maintaining if your D levels are good, cant imagine of it doing much in the case of trying to reverse an already existing rather large deficiency...
Will read up on vit K though, thank you

Are you actually stupid?
>It says to take 1000ui of Vit D, so this is optimal

yea will go back to the doctor's in 3 months to check up on my levels and see if what i'm doing is actually helping rather than being detrimental to my health

Over 80% of Americans are vitD deficient so the typical recommended dose should be suitable for someone with a deficiency.

Get more calcium. Necessary for your body to process vitD

what is the role of vitamin D in fitness?

Gives you more energy

Go out in the sun occassionally

Other way around
>Vit d helps absorb calcium
>calcium is vital in muscle contractions

What did the doctor recommend?

I would follow his recommendation vs the info you will get from a Taiwanese animated drawing forum

she really didnt make a big deal out of it since she thinks 19-20 are still 'acceptable' levels of vit D..
She said if i really wanted to supplement i should take something called D-Cure oil drops which is 25 000 IU every week for 12 weeks and then come check again.

80% of americans are vitamin D deficient.
Fucks up testosterone levels too, usually.

Get some sun, you retard.

If you're white, 20 minutes of sun between 10am and 3pm should get you close to 10,000 IU. You can take 5000 IU daily to supplement this if your skin isn't making enough naturally. Do not exceed 160000 IU total a week.

Also OP, search for Holick's D-lightful vitamin D lecture on youtube. Lots of MDs are ignorant of nutrition.

Incorporate more mushrooms in diet, eat more cholesterol, get more sun.

>Holick's D-lightful vitamin D lecture

watching it now as we speak, seems like a pleasant and knowledgeable chap