Why does Veeky Forums hate planet fitness? I get that if you're serious about mad gains then it's underwhelming...

Why does Veeky Forums hate planet fitness? I get that if you're serious about mad gains then it's underwhelming. But if you're a current fatty like me it's a cheap gym with plenty of machines to make you nonfatty. I just want to lose weight.

>no didlys

Ok fatty make sure you attend all the free pizza days so they can keep you on the hamster wheel of no results

>I just want to lose weight.

Gl losing weight with bagel tuesdays and pizza fridays or w/e stupid shit they do.

I'm not going to participate in their free cake giveaways or whatever they do. It's close to my apartment and cheap use of machines.

>implying everyone eats their food

You don't sound very convincing given that you expect machines to lower your weight.

Are you fucking retarded? You expect fat people to start with free weights? If that were thr case then the free weight section would be so over run, more so than it already is.

You cant make fun of someone for actually trying to better themselves at tge gym, you can however make fun of the people looking into the gym.

OP, as long as youre not a retard who eats cake at the gym, PF sounds good for you.

Anyone else fall for the Fitness First meme?

>Elliptical machines don't burn fat
Why

Then fucking use the damn gym.

Planet fitness is fucking awful in my opinion because they have a terrible attitude towards "fitness" and health and you can't even lift heavy weights there, which is something I, and a lot of people, care about. It may not be so important to people that just want to lose weight. Personally I would never step into a PF even if my life depended on it but if you don't care and it's cheap then go for it, dude. Just because you workout at planet fitness doesn't mean anyone on this board will think less of you (since you asked why "we" hate PF I assume you care) seeing as this is an anonomous syrian migration forum

>no diddlys

also

>removed the squat racks for being 'intimidating'

It's just not wise to put yourself around the temptation of those terrible foods they offer. I'd stick to just running, cycling or swimming in the real world if cardio is what you're looking for.

Planet fitness is pretty great for the price. They almost all have DBs up to 70lbs. If you can't build mass doing lunges with 140lbs, 70lb split squats, chins, lateral raises, and 70lb incline bench, you're either a lanklet or already an advanced lifter.

As for the lunk alarm, I know ASL so I just pretend I'm partially deaf and tell them I can't help it.

That's actually a pretty good idea

He should eat less most of all, not expect machines to magically lose his weight. Also, I never put OP down saying he isn't trying, that salt's coming from you friendo:)

>machines

Of course I'm planning a calorie deficiency. I have a pretty good food regiment and I'm sticking to it. Introducing cardiovascular exercise will only help.

depending on how cheap it is and my lack of options I would have no problem going to planet fitness

the thing I hate the most is the lunk alarm and their general marketing strategy of marketing to fat SJWs

ASL?

That's what I told my friend. I have no problem with you faggots grunting and throwing weights. When I exercise I focus on what I'm doing. People who say it's distracting never played sports. Concentration is key. It's just the cheapest and when I get to my target weight, I'll be more than happy to move on.

People could lose more fat and keep it off if places like this didn't tell them to be cardio bunnies. Yes cardio helps you lose fat but do you not think lifting makes you burn calories too? A good weight routine supplemented with cardio 2-4 times a week on a good diet won't just make you lose weight, it will help prevent loose skin, build muscle that helps with keeping the fat off, and in general is way better for you than just running for an hour every day. These places don't preach real fitness, in fact they actively kick fit people out for intimidating the whales. This is why we hate it, because it is a system designed to keep you fat and out of shape while telling you it is ok.

>Planet fitness is the HAES of gyms.

>Naturally we are going to hate them dumbass.

>know woman who's Obese
>she goes to Planet Fatness
>she doesn't exactly have an ugly face
>tons of men attracted to her even fat
>she does half ass pilates and yoga sessions
>never loses anything other than water weight
>has tons of expensive gym clothes too
>she's signing up for more violent classes with gay trainer (he's homo)
>after he leaves some African trainer goes up to her
>she's also a minority just so you know
>he starts telling her to stop signing up for the pilates and yoga
>says to train with him instead real fitness
>says "I'm gonna keep it real, you're too cute to be fat"
>as soon as she leaves the gym she starts telling her friends what she said (including me)
>I see it as a compliment
>she starts the mental gymnastics phase
>gets angry
>she says it was an insult or a "backhanded compliment"
>in her mind with a BMI of 33, she isn't """that"""" fat
>says she doesn't need to hear anything that isn't a compliment (but it was)
>she calls and tells the gym trainer she works with
>he bullshits her on the phone about telling the supervisor but nothing has actually happened
>she barely stays dedicated to these classes anyways
>now she starts contacting wealthy established female friends who are healthy weight
>tells them to make a blog post about how fat shaming is wrong and you shouldn't call people fat and specifically name Pfitness
>after that she calls the corporate number for Pfitness
>explains how embarrassed she is to go back and how they're wasting her money for not being a comfortable environment
>she tells them she's not that fat
>has been doing this for the past couple of days
>even starting to find out the poor guys name

If you work at that place, and your name starts with an N. Some fatty is trying to get you fired.
It really attracts the wrong type of people.

You realize this isn't an issue if you have will power, right?

>only free weights burn kcals and cause muscle growth

Youre a weak troll

If you do any kind of real workout, even with the baby dumbbells, they will shit on you.
They've harassed women for even LOOKING fit while using the treadmill.
Theres an article on MSN about it.

Also, machines suck for weightloss.
Just watch your diet. No need to pay the purple jew.

Are you literally retarded? How do you get "Free weights help lose wight!" from "Drop the food". Dense motherfucker.

Then I'm rooting for you bud. Go for it.

Is this the American version of Ben Dunne? Cheap franchise gym targeting the casuals?

I'll happily put up with the nonsense considering they're 3 times cheaper than other gyms in my area.

>fat people
>will power
Chose one and only one

Because you bashed OP for wanting to burn fat. You implied that the only way is free weights.

"you implied" no I didn't, your retarded brain THOUGHT I implied that shit. If OP wants to get Veeky Forums good on him, but merely using lifting isn't going to do that (he already mentions he has a diet plan). Also, form his post: "cheap gym with plenty of machines to make you nonfatty". Kys please.

>Gl losing weight with bagel tuesdays and pizza fridays or w/e stupid shit they do.

If your not a fucking DYEL you can have a bagel and a few slices of pizza and hit your macros.

Although most people at PF are dyel. Not everyone though. A lot of people don't have options due to location.

>implying using machines doesn't burn kcal

>Moving the goal post this much
I give up. No use arguing with the mentally impaired and illiterate idiots.

How am I moving goal posts? Its literally what you're saying. You sound like /pol/ getting flustered. Maybe you're just a faggot.