Anyone here a personal trainer? Surely you have some good stories

Anyone here a personal trainer? Surely you have some good stories

I am but I'm shit at storytelling

What kind of money and hours are you making/doing?

I sometimes have a pr for olympic lifts technique only. Half italian guy with funny calf tattoos. Extremely cool, competent and helpful. Would sometimes compete with me in sprint/circuit training stuff just for fun, unpaid and in his free time. Can recommend.

> nutritionist
> girl asks what to eat during period
> bananas, grapefruit and fish
> omg you're a miracle worker
> no cramps
> bang her next consultation

It's a sweet life. Wish more men would get into it so my pay increases.

>Be me
>Personal trainer
>Work at planet fatass
>Told during training that no one can be fit
>Fitness will ruin the gym
>Train fat women and men how to do worst exercises that will cause injuries
>They get injured and don't come to gym
>They do not cancel membership and still pay
>Gym wins

I charge 50$ an hour. Have 9 people that I'm training 2-3 times a week. I make about 5500 before tax in a month. When I started used to work at a gym too but the pay was shit so as soon as I got enough people I quit.
pic related. It's me

Looking good man. How old are you? Do you do that on the side or as your main occupation?

God damn that sounds fucking despicable.like I get its probably bullshit but it still pisses me off because this is exactly what I think about PF.

> girl asks what to eat during period
> bananas, grapefruit and fish
> omg you're a miracle worker
> no cramps

What really? How does that work? Or did you just make it up?

I'm a guy so I don't really get cramps during my period.

Nice, looking great man and being successful to boot.

the bad thing is that I believe you

22. Main occupation for the moment. want to go study something like engineering because this job is fine while you're young but It's not ideal long term

I also do G4P

>landwhales come to my desk
>say they want to lose weight
>alright let's try to set reasonable goals
>10lbs in two months
>they have over a 3k calorie diet
>they say they can't do most exercises
>spend a week setting up meal plans
>tell them to do 1 hour of low impact bicycle mon-fri
>month goes by 1 landwhale already quit other wobbles over to my desk and begins to yell at me she isn't losing weight
>"I work out every day and for nothing this gym is a scam i want to talk to your manager"
>lol k
>manager comes over what seems to be the problem officer type of face
>listen to her bitch over and over
>manager ask to see the app we use for tracking calories
>most days she has nothing written and some days she has 4k calories on it with things like icecream and soda
>well i'm hungry from always being on this bike
>mfw she had gained 5 lbs
Why is human nutrition not a required course in high school again?

nah. just private shows for your mom

My mom is died last week

>Why is human nutrition not a required course in high school again?
Because 8/10 top selling pharmaceutical drugs are for treating obesity related illnesses.

I've had this discussion with someone before, didn't even think about it when I typed my story earlier.
U.S. healthcare is worth 3 trillion dollars.
Proper hygiene, nutrition, exercise would take away more than half of all reasons to visit a doctor.
So yeah, see your point.

Potassium from fruit. Fish has antiinflammatories but I honestly just wanted to get her off her pure red meat. I'm not calling it a cure for cramps because this should be considered preventative medicine.
How do you market yourself? I running out of friends of friends to consult and I'm shy outside of technical talk.

Because it's a 5 hour course maximum on human physiology and how food works, you don't need months to teach that shit

Used to be like you bro you just have to approach people and be charismatic and convince them that you're the best thing for them if they want to achieve their goal. When I worked at the gym I literally approached every person that came, and I only managed to get five people so it's not easy but if you persist you will stumble along people that are willing to pay you. After I quit the gym I started to take some of my guys outside and workout in parks and that got me another 2 people that approached me by themselves. The rest are friends of my guys.

not even close lol

what? that makes no sense. you think that if everyone had proper hygiene, nutrition, and exercise that all of a sudden the u.s would cut spending by half at ~1.5 trillion?

> hurr lost 5 lbs
> durr better reward myself with 5k calories
Such is the life of a nutritionist. It's thankless work most of the time.

T-t-thanks bro. Im concerned with the competition I have because all these nutritionists keep spouting meme/miracle diets. Playing the long game in this field is torture.

Maybe I should have added preventable. Consumption is a prerequisite of obesity. The obese consume the advertised take out food, they also consume the advertised pharmaceuticals that trick their organs into thinking everything is fine. Fat is good for business.

Good luck man. Be confident in your own knowledge so if someone says "but mike said this and that" you will be able to explain why mike is wrong

Looking good lad. Honestly you should cut your hair though. It doesn't suit you. But congrats on the buisnesss keep it up.