How come this guy looks DYEL but is able to lift 1/2/3/4?

How come this guy looks DYEL but is able to lift 1/2/3/4?

youtube.com/watch?v=Yllt9fvAB-A

because he's a lanket

he looks dyel because hes wearing a t shirt that isnt small and hes pretty lean. if he were wearing a tanktop/ no shirt you wouldnt think he lookds dyel

Is natty and wearing clothes.
Even eric helms is dyel in clothing

>linking to your owl youtube
man that DL form made my legs feel like they were going to shit out

>mixed grip

A tall guy will lift more than a short guy at the same bodyweight.
He doesn't look dyel. He looks kinda athletic.
You have body dysmorphia issues.
1/2/3/4 isn't that much, most guys should be beyond that with just 2 years of training

He looks like 165 lbs so those lifts are actually pretty average

he can't i'm 10 seconds in and he's failed
none of those squats count

>tall guy will lift more than a short guy at the same bodyweight
>more
Less* obviously.

>matched grip

>2 years
Subtle troll

6 months on average
4 if stronk
9 if weak
12+ you did something very wrong

Video description says 195 lbs. He's just tall

Well that's even worse then

There is only detriment to using mixed grip.

You want better grip? Train single arm deadlifts.

I would rather use straps like a weak fag than train muscular imbalances

>6 months on average

That's low imo.

i got 1/2/3/4 in 2 months personally. I'm squatting about 660 for reps now, 1.5 years training. My pressing is a bit weak, only 315 bench and 185 over head press

Been lifting for 11 weeks now guys.
I'm 6'4 215 lbs. Why do i look like i lift already?
Think it's my ripcage

Because 1/2/3/4 isn't really impressive. Any healthy adult male can hit these numbers within a year. They're good initial goals for people just starting to lift weights. Nothing more.

>Hit these numbers within a year

DYEL who doesn't count macros detected. 3-4 months TOPS for 3pl8 squat for reps and 4pl8 deadlift for reps.

6 months training here
i have
70kg OHP
140kg squat
150kg deadlift
100kg bench

2 years is absolutely ridiculous to only expect something so basic.

Poor genetics, and lack of accessories.

I was 1234 after 3 weeks. Did you not do gomad with SS?

lolwut, go to any gym and/or professional trainer and they'll tell you you're full of shit

the only bad thing about mixed is when you're doing a LOT of plates you can blow out biceps

Because anyone who's not a GH blasting fatass looks "DYEL" according to Veeky Forums.

Ironically, this standard is most often perpetuated by people who don't lift

c-can i hit 100kg bench within 6 months too?
I can bench 50kg 2 times atm.
Could bench 30 when i started (11 weeks ago)

>2 fucking months to get to 1/2/3/4

kek, what the fuck are you doing at the gym? this shit is like beginners weight and i surpassed it after like 3 weeks

started as a complete skinnyfat dyel

>Did you not do gomad with SS?

Correct. I did not.

It took me two months because I was eating a 1000 cal deficit because I was kind of fat. Made it difficult for me to keep increasing my deadlift and squat.

i got my bench press to 225 in a month though, so that was fine

lifting as a noob is essentially only three things
-Rest (sleep/days off)
-food (lots of protein)
-training

if you eat lots, try to add weight while pushing yourself and using good form, you will grow very fast strength gains.

you absolutely can get 100kg bench, stick to a strength training program like SS.

>kek, what the fuck are you doing at the gym?

Not gonna lie, i was cutting and mostly fucking around and spinning my wheels the first month or so.

I only ate 1.5grams of protein by lb of bodyweight instead of 2.5g/lb as I later had, I feel that was what made my strength gains so weak on my cut.

>Rest
>Food
>Training

The only additioal thing even for a pro lifter is
>Roids

id also add genetics, and training gets more complicated and demanding.

I was being generous. Most people will hit them sooner than that, depending on their dedication and what they're starting with.

3-4 months for a completely sedentary skinnyfat is pretty unlikely, but possible for somebody that's been active and played sports.

>2.5lbs/bw
what the fuck

thats way too much protein holy shit

he is shitposting.

You mean you don't eat almost 500 grams of protein per day?

DYEL?

>not aiming for 3g per lbs of bodyweight

not gonna make it

stay weak loser

seriously the body can only use .39gs per lb of bw thats such a waste of money

Lifting 5 days a week for 1-1.5 hours pr. session.
I always try and focus on improving my benching.
Look forward to it everytime.
Following my brothers program currently which i enjoy.

Should i start doing deadlifts and squats?
Been doing bend over rows.

I beg to differ.

I got my 120lb 5'4 girlfriend into the gym and she hit 1/2/3/4 for reps within 6 months.

If some beta male can't hit 1/2/3/4 FASTER Than a girl he should just kill himself

>Lifting 5 days a week for 1-1.5 hours pr. session
NO, this is completely wrong if you're looking for strength and natural, do Starting strength.

I know you're shit posting, but seriously, if you have a history of physical labour/eat well/stick to SS, you will get 1/2/3/4 in 6 months.

>He thinks 1/2/3/4 is a lot of weight.

Hilarious

Still far too long

The average beginner can get that in 1-3 months if he actually pushes himself hard.

5lbs per session to each lift like Marcus "Fatass" rippletoe says is dumb. You should be adding at least 10-20 lbs EVERY SESSION to your lifts.

No, fuck you. Sub-1 year implies you did everything right from the beginning when you didn't know shit about nutrition or exercise.
>b-but muh steeckee, why didn't you just read it
The sticky is a great source of information, and it is also not the only one. You are a newbie, and you immediately trust the sticky? Why not literally any other source of (possibly mis-)information that could lead you to a dead end (5x10 routines, roidsplits, what have you)
After all the other sources of information have pictures of buff guys on, the sticky doesn't.
It also implies life never got in the way of your training
It also implies there is at least one affordable gym with a squat rack close to home, work or school.
It also implies your gym allows chalk and has at least one of the following: deadlift platform, bumper plates, rubber mats
2 years is plenty time to get your shit together, figure out what works and what doesn't, find a serious gym, learn what compromises to make in life, and surpass 1/2/3/4
All that coming from someone who was at 1+/2/3/4- at 10 months (18 months now, definitely ahead in everything), so not even complaining. But your standards are ridiculous.
Good for you.

Because 1/2/3/4 is babby weight.

i wish we met IRL so i could show you, but hey whatever floats your boat.

exactly, people can deadlift 500kg at the uppermost elite levels, 180kg in comparison is nothing.

b-b-b-but i l-l-l-like lifting 5 times a week

>It also implies life never got in the way of your training
Fair
>It also implies there is at least one affordable gym with a squat rack close to home, work or school.
There is literally ALWAYS at least one power rack no matter what situation in life you are in that you can easily afford.

Explain to me in what situation you could ever possibly be where there is not an available power rack.
>It also implies your gym allows chalk and has at least one of the following: deadlift platform, bumper plates, rubber mats

Chalk is unnecessary.

Deadlift platform is unnecessary.

Bumper plates, why?

Rubber mats, why?

its not ideal for strength, sorry m8.

when you say things like

>It also implies life never got in the way of your training
>It also implies there is at least one affordable gym with a squat rack close to home, work or school.

etc...... you don't quite understand what I'm saying.

Eating/sleeping/ training according to the program will give you 1/2/3/4 within 6 months easily, if you aren't doing any of these you aren't doing the program.

when i say 6 months, i mean from the point you are doing the program, thats the metric I'm talking about.

is it ideal for growing muscles to look better?
i would be okay with having to wait a year to be able to bench 100kg if it meanth i would still look swole as fuck.

>Lifting 5 days a week for 1-1.5 hours pr. session is completely wrong if you're looking for strength and natural

5 days a week, ~1.5 hrs/day is where I've made most advances in lifts and physique. I'm natty. Maybe you should stop talking out of your ass.

This guy could squat 500lbs

Train harder lads

this.

Don't be scared to lift more if you feel good as a beginner

>its not ideal for strength, sorry m8.

yeah that must be why olympic lifters onlt train thrice a week

oh wait they actually train more than 10 times a week, including morning and night sessions almost every day.

maybe you should try reading on what the general consensus of coaches and strong men is, if it works for you thats fine, but I'm literally saying what countless coaches are saying.

I don't know, all i know is you can get strong fast.

he is tall and you can only see his shins and forearms

would he look better with a little fat on top of those muscles? that is the question.

Not sure if you're a fucking idiot or don't realise what the difference is between a noob that isn't an olympic lifter and an olympic lifter.

But just incase you aren't a fucking idiot, try reading up on strength routines.

>Chalk is unnecessary.
DL 500+lbs with no straps, then come back and say that.

>Deadlift platform is unnecessary.
Not if you olympic lift

>Bumper plates, why?
>Rubber mats, why?

Because there is no safe way to lower 300+lbs from over your head after a clean and jerk. You just drop it. Try this with a concrete floor and metal weights and see what happens.

>general consensus of coaches and strong men is, if it works for you thats fine, but I'm literally saying what countless coaches are saying.

Sauce or shut the fuck up.

Try 2 months

>every day is squat day

the sticky, try reading it you inbred fuck.

>holding the bar

Are you fucking serious? Please show me "countless coaches"' professional opinions listed in the sticky. I must have missed them.

>DL 500+lbs with no straps, then come back and say that.

But we're not talking about people who deadlift that much, we are talking about beginners.

>Not if you olympic lift

We are talking about doing starting strength or similar program.

>Because there is no safe way to lower 300+lbs from over your head after a clean and jerk. You just drop it. Try this with a concrete floor and metal weights and see what happens.

??? Where were we discussing 300lb C&J's?

We are talking beginners here learning the main powerlifting lifts on a starting strength or comparable program.

lmao curl bro detected

-Mark rippetoes starting strength
-stronglifts
-reg parks 5x5
-Bill starr 5x5
-Joe defrancos built like a badass
-texas method

most are 3x a week, some are 3-4 days a week.

try reading sticky sometime.

dude squats 2pl8 has no legs, thicc chick does lmao 25lbs on a fucking smith machine has amazing legs.

LIFE AINT FAIR BOIS

GODDAMIT IS IT 3 PLATES HE IS DOING

cont. I'll add to that list
-Madcow
-grey skull.
both 3 x week.

>thinking any of these people are natty

k den.

Also these are routines, not actual evidence that 3 days is somehow more effective than 5.

>Explain to me in what situation you could ever possibly be where there is not an available power rack.
You live in a small town that is not in a rich country (USA, Germany, France, etc)
>Chalk is unnecessary.
You are pulling less than 3 plate.
>Deadlift platform is unnecessary.
>Bumper plates, why?
>Rubber mats, why?
Loud deadlifts are obnoxious.
Unless it's an 1rm, deadlifts should be quiet enough to not be a bother to others. Unless it's specifically a PL or WL gym, where noise is a given. Check your privilege (ib4 bait), some of us have to make do with stuck up commercial gyms.
And keep in mind I still passed 1/2/3/4 in a year.
Haha epic :')

started 9 weeks ago

6'2 160lbs

65 p
85 b
95 s
135 d

now:

6'2 183lbs

105 p
145 b
205 s
280 d

I keep having hip/back pain keeping me from squat/dead progression and I just had a repeat on bench with 2.5 increments

progression was so smooth till recently. shit sux

are you a static or am i being trolled? what does being natty have to do with what i posted? they are all names of beginner routines.

>not actual evidence that 3 days is somehow more effective than 5.

mother fucker, for strength it absolutely is true, I'm betting that just like you never read the sticky, you've never read a strength training book.

spastic*

>pic related

>You live in a small town that is not in a rich country (USA, Germany, France, etc)

Why would you live in a small town ever?

Don't you have work or university to go to? Retarded. Most people on Veeky Forums are 16-22 years of age, they have access to a gym.

>You are pulling less than 3 plate.

Use straps past 3pl8. I don't need "muh grip" that much

>Loud deadlifts are obnoxious.
No they aren't. Just don't drop them from lockout, you're only doing 1x5 usually (plus warmups which are quiet) for almost all beginner programs, that's not loud at all.

>Check your privilege (ib4 bait), some of us have to make do with stuck up commercial gyms.

I train at a commercial gym too. Everyone deadlifts(even girls) and no one has a problem unless you drop 4 plate or more deadlifts from lockout height.

>And keep in mind I still passed 1/2/3/4 in a year.

I passed it in 3 weeks and now I'm 9 months training and I compete in the IPF in 3 different weight classes

>what does being natty have to do with what i posted?

Previous post:

>this is completely wrong if you're looking for strength and natural, do Starting strength."
>natural

>for strength it absolutely is true
Because you said so and because there are 3 day routines in the sticky?

You don't think its strange that ALL the routines in the sticky are 4 days or under?

Or that Most of them are three days?

Or that a routine called starting STRENGTH is a 3x week routine?

Read starting strength, read some articles, read the sticky, I'm not here to spoon feed you.

Natural people don't usually train 6 days a week, its something that fraud does, generally speaking.

SS+GOMAD

>uses straps past 3 pl8
>competes in IPF

yeah, theres a reason why Starting strength advocates a caloric surplus, if you want o get strong you have to eat........

in three different weight classes at the same time

What you're essentially saying is that whoever wrote the sticky is some sort of authority on strength training. I promise you this is unlikely.

Instead of telling me to read the sticky, which I have, why not instead read some scientific journals regarding the effects of volume, intensity, and frequency of weight training on muscle size and strength?

Or would that be too hard for you?

this is a troll thread right, with the people saying 1/2/3/4 is easy and should be achievable in months?

ive been lifting for 3 years and im not even close to that

You're doing something wrong.

Not even trolling a little bit.

Probably because his squat form is absolute shit. Closer to a good morning than a squat.

>he couldnt lift 1/2/3/4 on his first day

I propose to you, that the guys that wrote starting strength, bill starr, jim wendler, madcow are AUTHORITIES ON STRENGTH YOU THICK MOTHERFUCKER.

If you can't see that all POWERLIFTERS and STRONGMEN, who are advocating these routines then you can just go fuck yourself and keep wondering why it takes you 2 years to get 1/2/3/4.

yes, mad. 7/10 troll

Something is very wrong m8, whats your routine, diet, how much do you sleep?

As long as you alternate the grip there won't be any imbalances fuckwit. Your dominant hand will always be stronger anyway.

>he hasn't been in multiple severe car crashes in his developmental years and still managed to squat 1/2/3/4 on his first day cleared from extensive physiotherapy

DO

YOU

EVEN

LIFT

F A G G O T?

Maybe some people are born tall, some born short, some born smart, some born stupid and some born strong and some weak.

Maybe you just got the genetic short straw, 6 months 1/2/3/4 has been done, don't shitpost, just accept you have shit genes and try not to have kids.

Kek, I thought 1/2/3/4 was for 5 reps, not a single rep. That means that I'm pretty close to completing all expect bench.

It has been done but suggesting that the people should be able to reach it in 6-12 months is absolutely absurd.

This board has so much e-statting, it's insane.

According to you guys, 1/2/3/4 is a walk in the park, anyone can do it with the slightest effort. AND YET, I'm sure just about everyone here will admit that getting 1/2/3/4 puts them into the top 5-10 strongest people at their gym in most cases (unless powerlifting gym or something).

How can both of these be true at the same time? If it's true, where do all these people train then?

Why do i never see anyone squatting 3pl8 and deadlifting 4 pl8 at my gym? Where do they all train? Don't they know that it's easy and take 2 weeks of starting strength to achieve?

I have done 1/2/3/4 in 6 months (except deadlift) as did my younger brother.

Your own experiences and your own inability to do it has lead you to believe it is too hard.

I am the strongest person at my gym.

But i also used to hard manual labour, i did may thai for 3 years, i used to do flagging, I used to dig up roads etc......

Most people have no idea what they are doing but most importantly do NOT want to get that strong, for them its useless and meaningless.

The number of people that both know what they are doing and want to become strong is minute, almost no one knows how to, let alone want to.

>Your own experiences and your own inability to do it has lead you to believe it is too hard.
>I am the strongest person at my gym.

I'm saying that if everyone on Veeky Forums and bodybuilding.com is so damn strong, where do you guys train at?

It's weird. I've trained at 3 gyms over the years and I haven't seen you guys at any

>The number of people that both know what they are doing and want to become strong is minute, almost no one knows how to, let alone want to.

Don't according to polls like 80% of this board not even bench 225 for reps? So much for 1/2/3/4 in 6 months

adding toI actually know a girl that squats 3 pl8, so technically I'm tied for the squat and two guys out bench me by 20kg, just remembered.

>I'm saying that if everyone on Veeky Forums and bodybuilding.com is so damn strong, where do you guys train at?
preston JD gym.

>Don't according to polls like 80% of this board not even bench 225 for reps? So much for 1/2/3/4 in 6 months

Most people on this board don't lift, out of the ones that lift very few want strength and from them only a few know how to get it.

the weight really is nothing if you focus and commit, look at world records for deadlift for example 500kg, 4 pl8 relatively is nothing.

But since no one tries, no one gets it.

That's it?

I know a girl at my gym who squats 455 ATG highbar

alpha genetics