Never got noob gains because I didn't eat enough when I lifted

>never got noob gains because I didn't eat enough when I lifted
>got demotivated and stopped lifting for a year, losing most of my endurance and strength gains
>just started up again but I'm still a weak skinnyfat
I've been following pic related for two workouts over the course of a week and I'm too nervous about doing some of these exercises (specifically the deadlifts, OHP and back squats) not only because I don't think I'm strong enough to do them and with proper form, but also because I have anterior pelvic tilt and I've read that doing those kinds of lifts before you've corrected it will only end up making it worse because lifting heavy with good posture = better posture, while lifting heavy with bad posture = worse posture.

Really what I'm trying to figure out is what I can substitute them with. I've already been substituting the back squats with romanian deadlifts, but I'm at a loss for the others, especially since I'm not even 100% sure what muscle groups they're specifically supposed to be targeting. Shoulders and back? Could I just do a shit load of shrugs?

Don't be a pussy, practice the movements, stretch. Look up proper progressions.

I would replace back squats with goblet squats until you feel comfortable enough to start back squatting or front squatting. FYI as a beginner there will never be a moment where everything clicked and you'll squat with perfect form. You will wait forever for that moment to come. There is a pretty steep learning curve for the compound lifts. These things take time and consistency. But once you start to make progress you will pick it up faster.

Stop doing Romanians, if your form is bad as you say it is I'm not sure why you would risk your back. The chance of injuring yourself doing Romanians is much larger than squatting.

If you are worried about rounding your back dead lifting then start with smaller weight + use other plates to lift the bar higher in the air so you wont have to bend down as far

Oh and its very difficult to fuck up OHP. The only time i see it is when people put on to much weight and 'bench' the bar up by leaning waaay too far back.

I thought for noob gains you're supposed to cut? Because you make gains either way?

It's not that my form is horrible, I just want to change the routine up a bit for a few months while I spend time doing stretches and shit consistently to tilt my pelvis to it's natural position. If the chance of injuring myself is a lot higher with romanians, I'll stop, though.

>1x5 deadlift
lol

>tfw only one real set of deadlifts per week

deadlifts are my favorite lift, why are all these variants supporting on set/week? (not counting warmups)

grats on posting a fake greyskull have fun with your nogains

heres the real one

All I'm hearing are excuses

Wish my IDE looked as beautiful as OPs picture.

U seriousing me? Squat form is the most simple thing out there. If you squat regularly you'll likely develop good form. Deadlifts and cleans are a little more complicated but that's a different story.

Pretty much every coach out there will tell you that deadlifts are much, much simpler to get down than squats are.

Cleans are far more complicated, but there ain't many beginner routines outside of oly lifting that include them.

>"your greyskull is not real because it is a variant, here is the real greyskull"
>posts another variant

Maybe it's just me but I found squat form much easier. When I started deadlifting my back would arch out. It was an easy fix but it took me a week or two to get comfortable

i always think these are IDE threads

I would add 3 sets of 8-12 facepulls on benchpress day for prehab. Otherwise looks good.

>not 5x15 for shrugs and face pulls

If you wanna do 15, do 15. Doesn't really matter.

>close-grip bench, lateral raises and hammer curls in a beginner program

lol

Because they're shitty SS knockoffs that don't understand why SS handles deadlifts the way it does.

SS has you start deadlifting every workout, then alternating them with power cleans, then alternating them with power cleans and chins. It does this because truly heavy deadlifts become so hard to recover from that they interfere with progress on the other lifts if trained more than about once a week.

Greyskull and its variants are basically following the scheme SS recommends for 'advanced novices' - those who can still make linear progress if they have a 'light' day midweek to let them recover from their first workout. That means the middle day has no/modified/reduced squats, deadlift frequency is reduced, and a couple of accessories are added.

:( it makes me sad to think I'll have to cut down on my deadlifts eventually. At what point would you say they start to get too heavy to train in a regular ABA BAB way? I'm still a beginner, so I'm only DLing around two plates now

Also would you happen to know a good iOS app that can handle this kind of scheduling?

I've been using the "strong" app, but there's no way to configure it for a scheme like this without making a separate workout for every possible combination of exercises, and if I did that I'd only be able to see how much I lifted the last time I did that routine, but now what I did the last time I performed that lift.

>dont be a pussy

That guys wants you in a wheelchair OP
If your posture is really that bad consult a doctor
Chances are that it isnt as bad as you think and you can lift
But chances are its really as bad as you think
If you already walk around like a banana you probably shouldnt lift but try to fix your posture first

Also its not a thing to not have noob gains
You just dont pass the oppurtunity to have noob gains except when you lift inconsistently for years and dont have a proper diet and only slowly gain weight
But then you will just continue to slowly make gains
If you fucked up and didnt make good noob gains you didnt pass an imaginary time period for noob gains
Noob gains are just kinda your first gains because maintaining that mass isnt that hard for the body
Gaining muscle mass just becomes slower because your body needs to put more energy into maintaining the bigger you get
Its not really about how many years you lift if you had fuckarounditis and had no gains at all
You are still a noob and that why greyskull will probably work because it uses the noob gains more efficiently than some bullshit brosplit routine