Coffee addiction thread. Are you using it for pre workout or to wake up in the morning?

Coffee addiction thread. Are you using it for pre workout or to wake up in the morning?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=30FTr6G53VU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

when i'm in college i use it as both. coffee and an apple in the morning then it's time to go workout.

i dont drink coffee before a workout because my body is conditioned to shit once im done half a cup. i take caffeine pills instead and leave that heavenly deuce for morning times

I drink coffee and eat carbs before a workout (like a scone). It's really quite pleasant

Shitty coffee usually gives me the runs.

dude whenever i have a donut before a workout i fucking dominate. its the best preworkout in existence i think

I love carbs but been doing that keto meme shit with butter and coconut oil
Love donuts especially those ones that look like you creamed inside a chicks puss

I just got into coffee and been using the french press method. am i suppose to add anything to make it taste better?

you should try getting an Aeropress. its cheap and is a combo between filtered coffee and french pressed. it makes a strong smooth cup of coffee and can make the shittest beans taste decent. you really dont need to mix much with it, but if you still dont like the taste of coffee then id recommend a bit of honey and a splash of milk or cream.

>Used to down a fuckton of espresso as pre workout
>Pumped as fuck for gym
>One day mid workout get the stomach ache to end all stomach aches, feels like acid burning through my intestines
>switch to caffeine pills, 10$ for 100 200mg pills
>Take pills before workouts, start out at 1 per day
>Tolerance builds
>2 per day
>One day mid workout, get nauseous as fuck and feel like utter shit
>wean myself off of it
>realize I don't need caffeine to work out, just feels great to be pumped as fuck every day

Yes. Also before work. Also during work.

My friend would take it in pill form and built a tolerance for it too. He takes theacrine every other day. He says its like a smooth focus without the jitters of caffeine.

Learn to appreciate it black. It's healthiest that way. Alternatively, you could add any combination of skim milk, cinnamon, Splenda, and cocoa powder.

Does coffee filter actually make a difference in taste? I've heard the same for cold brews.

I used to drink it in the morning, but rarely drink any energydrinks anymore. Usually only on my days of will I drink redbullz.

I'm now switching to green tea since its good for metabolism and fat loss. Find it cool to see if its good to drink while bulking

I drink it black, so good.

everyone in australia has a cup of coffee in the morning

it does, itll be less harsh. cold brewing coffee is great too, if you want a nice refreshing drink for when its hot out. just grind your beans as coarse as you can (use twice as much as you usually do for the same amount of water), dump the beans right into a pitcher with the water, and leave it in the fridge overnight. it makes a really strong cup of coffee, and its the proper way to make iced coffee without it being bitter as hell.

never heard of it. thanks user, will check it out

I'll probably do a cold brew instead of buying some new fancy equipment. I believe a good cup of coffee comes from the beans. I get my coffee beans from a farm in Santa Barbara and still taste better than shitty Starbucks

You can add an egg to the press (google it) and you can add cream (not milk) to the coffee

i should also clarify that you're putting the beans in to a COLD pitcher of water. make sure those beans never see heat. its one of the most low tech ways of making coffee and its also one of the best. if you make hot coffee and put ice cubes in it to cool it down itll taste like death

what kind of fucking madman doesn't have coffee in the morning?

I gave up coffee a while back.
Really had an addiction

The fucking withdrawl was brutal but I fought my way through it.

I quickly found out two things
I was worn the fuck out and I honestly had no idea how to manage my energies properly.

To that end I didn't even know how to eat to keep or build my energies. If I ate crap I and was losing energy or falling asleep I'd just pound down some coa coa pussy juice and get re-charged.

It was a crutch that allowed me to abuse myself physically and mentally by pushing past limits and ignoring the signals my body was giving.

>Drinking the caffeinated jew

I drink about a pot a day. I'm suprised my blood pressure isn't high but I have a history of low blood pressure. You shouldn't quit cold turkey when trying to quit. Week off with green tea. I remember being addicted to monster energy drinks and having to go to the er cause it felt like my heart was gonna explode.

dramatic opera bro

I drinking a cup now and it's 1am. Back when I worked in food service I had access to free joe, I topped off at 4 - 6 cups a day at one point.

Coffee is fucking disgusting. Relying on nasty ass bean juice to get yourself up in the morning is weakness incarnate.

It's called L-Theanine though. Pretty sure that's what user meant. Natural ingredient of tea, which attenuates the "jittery" effects of caffeine.

Caffeine makes me jittery and shaky but I like to use it for studying. Is this normal or is there a way to fix this?

>One day mid workout get the stomach ache to end all stomach aches, feels like acid burning through my intestines
I got that when I started drinking a ton of coffee each morning and I went to the doctor and it turns out I had an appendicitis.

my most productive times have always been parallel to my regular coffee-consuming periods. there's a reason that coffeehouses have been cited as the mechas of intellectual thought for centuries.

it wasn't always hipsters that dominated such places. you'd see great artists and thinkers, men of science and philosophy. i've returned to my coffee-drinking days, and it feels right.

l-theanine

On it's own? I take it with caffeine sometimes and it brings the side-effects down to like 70% of what they usually are. Does it help with studying and memory on it's own like caffiene does?

better with caffiene for studying. It's very subtle but I find it enhances the good effects of caffeine (alertness, focus) and reduces the bad effects you mentioned. 200mg per cup or 100mg caffiene.

I see, I'll give it a try at higher doses and on it's own to see if I can find something that'll work, I still have the pills anyway.

Thank you for the advice

i personally drink coffee cause i feel better afterward iunno. but definitely as a pre-workout. i'll have a cup in the morning, a cup before gym and a cup after. also a cup or five when i'm studying

B R E H

some good old americano coffee and some john coltrane makes reading time a joy

youtube.com/watch?v=30FTr6G53VU

cuck

Interestingly enough, though, just yesterday I heated some filtered cold brew and it turned out to be one of the better cups I think I've ever made.

I can't be the only one who just gets anxiety and increased heartrate whilst no change in energy from coffee, right?

I drink about 4-6 cups of instant or pod coffee a day with almond milk and stevia.

I feel like it does nothing for me but if i go without it for a week i start craving it real bad.