Leave Youtube to me

Witness true historical youtube!

alexander the "great" only conquered persia by inventing a slightly longer spear

>but the end result would be the same: thousands of men, dead.

He's not wrong.

What channel?

let's be honest though, this is pretty much the case

>inb4 t. john green

The Great War. Main point of the channel is a week-by-week coverage of the war as it happened 100 years ago. It's also got lots of side episodes that cover various important people, events, countries, and technologies in the war.

It's obviously not perfect, but it's a pretty nice resource for getting a more casual exposure to the war.

Taste.

IS there a pregnant version of this?

THE CRUSADES WEREN'T JUSTIFIED!

Kino
Pleb

STOP TRYING TO RUIN A PERFECTLY GOOD CHANNEL BY MAKING IT INTO A FUCKING MEME
I DO NOT WANT TO BE SEEN ENJOYING SHIT WITH YOU GUYS

They were about as justified as the Islamic invasion of the Levant.

Alexander is probably one of the most inflated characters in western history just to continue the legacy started by the Greeks of using anything remotely Hellenic to shit on the Persians.

His dad pretty much did all the legwork setting up the wealth that let him conquer, and Alexander himself was barely Macedonian by the end of his life since he adopted Persian customs almost immediately after conquering Persia. He pretty much saw himself as the inheritor of Persia with a Greecian add-on.

What youtube channel is this referencing

Is there any decent historical wargaming content on YouTube? I'm struggling to find much with good production values.

> Alexander is probably one of the most inflated characters in western history

The dude conquered the territory of modern day Pakistan in three months.

He conquered territory faster than the Mongols lol (5 million km2 in 10 years vs 20 million km in 73 years)

What about this guy? I liked the episode on the Troubles.

Injects too many memes in his presentations.

Doesn't do a thorough job explaining each conflict. Watchable though.

What's wrong with the Great War?

Absolutely nothing, it's a great channel with a competent and likable host doing a quick yet thorough job at covering whatever it decides to cover.

Literally nothing. He just likes saying "10 million people died" a lot.

>This, was modern war.

the dudes a 16 y.o high school drop out, still more credible then green

I used to watch this fucker in school

>He thinks the French Attacked Austria first in the French revolution

Content is great but format is shit. Every episode being limited to 10 minutes is nice from production standpoint and youtube bux standpoint (google data shows 10 minutes is about the usual attention span), but it super-compresses things too much or bloats less interesting weeks to the size of important ones.

good to watch, nothing really else

the Polish-Soviet War, the Chinese Civil War and the Spanish Civil War episodes are his best desu

Pretty much the only negative thing. But on the other hand they publish a lot of other content, concerning tactics, uniforms, rifles and all the other detailed shit.

they actually did you moron

>that episode about von Spee losing to the British after an epic voyage that turned out to be all for nothing and dying with his two sons aboard his sinking ship
Historical feels

>that episode those Roman squares got tortured and killed after surrendering to the Parthian squares