Are antioxidants memes?

My diet includes a fuckton of them from eating fruits and veggies of every color plus a shitton of spices that I use in my protein shakes and seasonings on my chicken when i cook

I started lifting a couple months ago and have gained about 15 lbs and my depression has pretty much vanished

I've literally read about people today on Veeky Forums who are still completely depressed/suicidal so are antioxidants legit or meme

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3846682/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2952901/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

antioxidants are literally molecules that bind to free radicals in the body, particularly useful to combat oxidative stress during immunoresponse

unless you're having a ton of inflammation and have a poor diet, there is literally no reason to supplement them unless you wanna burn money

>"literally no reason"

I just told you they treat my depression (better than anything has before). I had a qt gf who sucked me off at will and exercised daily and still had depression.

After researching on pubmed I found evidence of antioxidants being legit so I'm asking if Veeky Forums has any experience with them.

I'm thinking about making a website with my recipes because i've never seen them anywhere and I feel amazing most days, even though I'm a NEET now and have no future

Antioxidant supplements are memes that do nothing. Eating fruits and vegetables is not a meme and has positive benefits.

they did not treat your depression

lol ok dude

I forgot to mention but my diet was pretty healthy before i lifted/had a gf. Ate fruits, veggies, chicken, avocado, beans

Placebo?

If eating antioxidants from natural sources (not supplements, idk where you guys are reading anything about that) is placebo then fuck, it's a fucking great ass placebo since I went from wanting to kill myself for two weeks straight a few months ago, now I wake up every morning happy and looking forward to the day/the future (even though, like I said, I have 0)

but now you lift and have a gf

it's a confounder, user. and why do you think it's the antioxidants in fruit, instead of say, fiber?

my gf left me before i started lifting. The whole point is i felt like shit even though I ate relatively healthy (including 25 to 30g of fiber), exercised (kettlebell, pushups mostly), and had her giving god-tier bjs

i think it's antioxidants because I started incorporating seasonings and spices, along with more variety of fruits and veggies (for their specific flavonoids) in my diet after she broke up with me + I started lifting. I doubt lifting is the reason I'm better because I have friends and read about people on this bored who are depressed like I was

>spices that I use in my protein shakes

>he drinks artificially sweetened protein shakes

You're a faggot, lad.

actually I drink unflavored unsweetened.

with water.

good to know you like the taste of ejaculate

.> Failing reps on LMAO1stick
> Being Remotely close to making it

Op, tell me your recipe. I don't want to live any more but willing to try a few things before I buy the rope.

ok dont kill yourself yet give me a couple hours and I'll post them here

i dont have the time to post recipes but read these two

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3846682/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2952901/

they give you the gist of what you need to do with your diet.

a lot of studies indicate that higher levels of antioxidant consumption lead to decreased cancer rates. Other than that can't say