>he interrupts me in the middle of my questions and says
>"FOUR"
>alright man
>wait for him to finish
>he finishes and starts taking off the plates
>go up to him and before I say anything he says "JUST LET ME FINISH"
>confused and I tell him he can leave the plates on cause I'm gonna use them
>"JUST. LET. ME. FINISH."
>fucker proceeds to take off plates then angrily grabs his water bottle and walks away saying nothing
>I get on the platform and put the plates that he just took off back on the bad for my diddlys
>feel like chit

Everyone I've talked to at my gym before has been nice and open and friendly but this dude was my first gym douchebag experience. I still feel like shit, lads. I had such high respect for the friendliness of the people at my gym but this just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Cool story

meh, asshole gonna ass
ignore the guy and move on

Middled aged dudes at gyms seem much more likely to be assholes

Every young guy I talk to is chill

you're too soft.

I agree but that's just how I was raised, lad

well, this is a learning experience in dealing with assholes then.

Were you standing around watching and waiting for him to finish? I fucking hate that.

Not necessarily an asshole, but this middle aged dude that's about 6' (everything about his body is big, but especially his belly) literally drops 70-80kg diddlys on the ground to make an unnecessary noise. He also asks >"WHAT ARE YOU TRAINING HERE?"
in a squat rack...

I never take this shit no matter who the guy is. If they're alone they have no reason not to let you work in.

My pet hates:
>Go to use free equipment
>PT comes over and said he's using it with his client
>Proceed to watch them jump between three bits of equipment taking a five minute break between each set

>DYEL kids who walk straight to the dumbbells and spend 20 minutes throwing up 12kg curls with the worst form possible.

>Advanced curlbros who do drop sets with six different weights for seated hammer curls and never put them away

>People who sit at the end of the bench for 10 minutes between sets with their Beats headphones on before doing 5 reps of 60kg.

>People who sweat to absolute fuck and leave patches all over everything when they leave

so you basicly hate 90% of the people in the gym lol

> go to uni gym right after new year's, place is flooded with new year's resolution and "burn off holiday fat" casuals
> the one guy in the whole gym who looks competent is doing alternating curls right next to the loaded calf raise machine
> 50% chance he's doing supersets

> the calf raise machine is one of the few open, so I figure I'll do calf raises. there are 3 plates loaded but maybe someone who doesn't know gym etiquette left them there
> ask him if he's doing supersets, he ignores me. has headphones in. i assume he doesn't want to talk to me because he thinks I'm a casual
> fuck him then. stack up to 6 plates on each side
> give him one last chance. "you're not doing supersets man?"
> "good fucking luck lifting that man"
> glare at him, do 15 calf raises with perfect form
> "shoulda just said you were supersetting..."
> leave weights for him to derack

In the weightlifting part yeah but the cardio bunnies and lady lifters make up for it.

>that one old dude who does his entire routine aside from cables and leg press in the squat cage with shit rom and screaming like he's going super saiyan
The faggot literally has dumbells on the floor around the cage

Why are people middle aged dudes such fucking cunts?

Bro everybody sucks. I am a nice guy, I don't see the point in being so shitty unless you're an anxious lil bitch. I'd do that in highschool, great mask.

Fucking this

It's literally 5x easier to be nice to people than it is to be mean. You have to go out of your way to be an ass to people. That's what pisses me off when running into people like I described in my OP

Women are the same way. That's why chads exist. If your a dick and one up some random dude she'll be all over your dick. Haven't found a girl I don't hate, great sex and they can be fun. Just really shit tier morals

Why don't we ever have threads about the nice guys at the gym?
>doing sets of atg squats
>already had one session of squats (started at 225 and built up to 370 for 4*2 first time, this time I was building up to 350 for 5*3)
>fail on my last set
>bummed out
>guys see and come help me rack the weights

Don't let it affect you. Go on with your day

This. Nothing bothers me more than people who loiter while you're finishing up a set or two and stare you down until you finish. Messes up my mojo

Yeah ofc but its also good to learn how to deal with assholes and not let them get to you

See this as an opportunity to practice your being based

Those are 100x worse you beta

Old white dudes at my gym are the biggest ass hats. The couple of old black dudes are super chill. Young dudes, super chill. Old white guys act like they own the fucking place just giving stink eye to everyone and trying to chat up the cardio bunnies. The looks on the cardio bunnies face when the dudes are trying to talk is so cringey.

You obviously dont even fucking lift, post a picture/video of yourself u fucking lard piece of shit.

if you're doing fucking 135lbs powerclean/press and dropping that shit making all kinds of noise. kindly stop because i'm not going to say anything.

he probably just had a bad day, it's not your problem user, really, you might meet him again another day and he'll be all smiles, just try not to hold a grudge, it's not worth it

>People who sweat to absolute fuck and leave patches all over everything when they leave

Thats me. FML. Im sorry.... I try to wipe everything down when i can though.

>tips fedora

They're jealous that they're surrounded by healthy youths while having to fight to restore their body to its original state before they destroyed it

>been going to the same gym for over a year.
>seen almost everything that has been described here.
>but this is different
>one day doing arms and chest
>all of a sudden gang of skeletons walk into gym
>all either fair skin Mexican or wannabe black white kids
>all look the same cept for one
>skelly lord, has tattoos and is tallest, lankiest and most skelly
>doing dumbell curls with 35lbs (I don't use kgs because I'm too stupid to learn)
>all the little skelly children are struggling trying to curl 5-17 lbs
>one of them is flopping around like a fish out of water
>don't want him to hurt himself, or more importantly me because I'm right next to him
>give a few pointers
>lord skelly sees me and is displeased about me talking to his underling
>walks over without saying anything
>all the small skellys are looking in silence
>he goes to pick up 50lb dumbells
>it takes every fiber of his being to lift off rack
>once he is standing he grunts and begins to shake
>he's staying completely still and tuning red
>after about a minute and a half I realize he's trying to curl
>he can't
>just looks at me and leaves
>all the little skellys leave

He's been back and every time he just stares at me with this lifeless stare. Whenever I catch him doing this I just flex my traps like a cobra or something, and he knocks it off.

You feel like shit because he treated you like the bitch you are, and you did fuck-all about it. Man up you fucking pussy, or you'll end up with some fuck-ugly wife who will barely tolerate settling with your betafaggotry, you'll end up breeding some skinny-leg jean-wearing cunt kids who will continue your legacy of fucking up the gene pool. Uppercut yourself.

what the fuck

>old ass gook at the gym
>balding, wrinkling, old man spot sprouting
>hogs the Smith machine to do 1/1024 military press reps
>takes 30 minute rests between sets
>walk around with invisible watermelons like a tough guy
>stares me down whenever he catches me staring at his ridiculous ass
Why can't these people just go into the sauna and drop dead already?

You and me both man.

>hogs the smith machine
You're dyel if you care

I imagined this guy as the "alpha" male.

Pretty much except he's bald has tattoos and wears wife beaters

>that person who loads up lmao10pl8 on the leg press during peak fucking hours and does quarter reps with 5 minute breaks
I mean I get loading up those plates when you can do full ROM but doing that shit during peak hours is inconsiderate to say the least.

I was using the urinals at my gym; i usually dont use them but since some retards decided to crap all over the seats and floor of the stalls i was forced to use them. Main reason is because im a really nervous pisser and i like the comfort of my own closed off space.

So i was happily peeing away when some guy came up and started to use the urinal next to me. At this time my piss flow completely stopped and i was trying ever so hard to get it back, trying to fill my head with happy thoughts. The guy turned to look at me for a second and i panicked, my face started to turn red and i began to sweat. I dont know wut came over me at that second but i turned to him - i looked at his face, then down at his penis...and then back at his face and then stupidly blurted out, "hey man, nice cock".

Being nervous makes you do stupid things, the guy gave me a weird and disgusted look and walked away. I had to cover my face as i walked out of my gym so the guy wouldnt notice me. I then went home and cried in my bed.

what the fuck is wrong with me

I dont know if i can ever go back to that gym again. Thinking off cancelling my membership

Freudian slip

I-is this true

fake as shit lol

>PT in rush area "reserves" a bench by leaving a clipboard on it.
>We have 3 benches, and people are too polite to just move them clipboard.
>THe PT and client rotate around about 3 bits of equipment
>I get they're trying to make their pay, but come on, this is a large and very popular gym
>Having one bench out of commission for 30 fucking minutes is really bottlenecking this shit
>THen I see them using it
>They aren't fucking benching
>THey're sitting (squatting?) onto the bench then standing back up
>Jesus fuck why

Fuck that particular PT. The other PT's in my gym are eerily nice; I've even had one check with me to see if I was using equipment, because I paused near it to check my phone. THen this one jerk shows up and is just horrible.

if you can calf raise 540lbs, no one who's been in the gym for longer than a month will mistake you for a casual. This story is shit. You are shit.
KYS.

I have such a vivid picture in my mind of a 6'7" guy dressed like j-roc from trailer park boys, making a pseudo-threatening face looking down at op, a 5'5" 270lb tank of a human who's annoyed but more confused at the creature looking at him. Then in a hyped fit of display, his eyes dart to op's dumbbell, and to prove he's a big boy he snatches it up, but when he tries to go up he pauses and puts all of his force in it. Op's eyes just slowly follow the ascent of the weight with a slight addition of amazement and curiosity. All the while a PACK of skeletons just look on shuffling behind j-roc and watching with agape mouths. Then after he's tomato red for a solid 10 seconds op realizes what he's trying to do, and when he let's the emotion of realization sneak onto his face, the skeleton sees this and in a final fit of distress he let's the weight drop and speed walks out of the gym, pack in tow.
Fuck I need to draw this NOW
Pic related is jroc

>6ft
>big

>friend of mine I knew from high school
>was huge into video games
>didn't grow out of it after high school
>as in genuinely cares about nothing but video games
>wants to start coming to the gym with me
>I teach him the lifts
>he starts getting really bitchy and curses me out aloud for minor things like resting "too long" or making too much noise, or whatever.

>benching and he's spotting
>really cute girl working out right next to us
>getting a song on before the set
>"hurry the fuck up jesus christ"
>he's genuinely angry and you can hear it in his tone
>tell him he's embarrassing himself
>no doubt this girl was hearing it and I'm getting embarassed for having to hang around this guy
>after, message him the way he talks is pussy repellent and he should control his temper
>next gym day he texts me he's going to go on Tuesday and Thursday without me from now on
>I tell him I knew he would give up and couldn't commit to anything
>he tells me to not text his number again

You'd think that after knowing a guy from high school that I would feel sad or something, but it felt really great, like a weight lifted from my shoulders. I went about my day as though nothing happened.

The guy is a very genuinely shitty person and was never dependable.

0 doubt in my head he has already stopped working out and is just playing Pokemon Go for hours straight.

Other than that, the gym is pretty empty and quite nice.

>Go to the gym on base
>Pretty much everyone puts their plates back
>Have yet to run into anyone disrespectful

Who else /JBER/ here?

Also being in Alaska blows but Buckner is awesome especially after the renovations.

Its always middle aged white people who are the biggest cunts wherever they are... they complain about millennial entitlement, but these aged cumstains act out like they were given timeouts instead of beatings when they were kids....

it's usually entitled losers who think that age makes them able to demand respect from younger people

there are of course a lot of bro-tier old people who are socially adjusted.

what a cunt i cant believe you actually talk to him

i dont know anyone like that IRL, and would never associate with someone like that more than i had to

aint nobody got time for that bullshit

nice guys finish last.

The fuckwit(s) that keep switching the 45 and 50 pound dumbbells

FUCKING STOP IT, EVERY FUCKING TUESDAY YOU CUNT

im sorry for you user, i truly am, but holy shit thanks for the laugh

He browses Veeky Forums and we had a similar sense of humor/sense of politics which is why we hung out but we grew apart when I quit video games and started to improve myself while he stayed the same. Maybe he'll see this.

He was the kind of guy that genuinely tries to rag on you instead of banter and he went through academic probation at community college. He's destined to be a loser. It's nice to be cut off from failure.

honestly though, I was expecting this to happen.

*academic suspension

Lol

gym on kadena is p small but everyone is cool af

>deadlifts
>get my bar
>start to walk over with the 45s
>some guy that looks like a prowrestler wearing a misfits shirt picks up the bar
>says deadlifts bend the bar
>makes a scene about it
>ask if he works there
>nope
>I'm 5'8" and this guy is probably a little over 6'0"
>Get the barbell again
>he goes "Now you're making me mad"
>takes it away again
>go to the front desk
>ask the staff about it
>twinky guy sitting next to he girl at the desk
>says "That guy is going to tear you apart"
>blah blah blah
>I go back in, get the barbell, load it up, he gets mad
>small shouting, people staring
>threatens to tell the management
>I encourage him to and tell him I already left them my phone number
>I do my deadlifts
>it was 275lbs x 5 lmao
>never see him again despite him coming in regularly at the same time I did.

what a fag

i don´t think you know what that means

You might be a cuck, get tested. I bet you loved Ghostbusters.

>Hey man, nice cock

Fucking lost

>don´t text me or my number ever again

I had to change gyms because the PTs were so fucking selfish. Superset with every fucking piece of equipment there. I started moving their shit (i would let them get back on it when I finished my set), but eventually they all got very passive agressive and talked shit behind my back. PT's are cancer.

>talked shit behind my back
>2016
>giving a fuck what some faggot thinks about you

Nah, I switched to a cheaper 24/7 powerlifting gym filled with people on pounds of gear that are honest, decent, helpful folks. Much better. The old one was in a rich neighborhood, all the clients were 60 or older, above a post office. Couldn't even deadlift without catching shit. I didn't leave because I give a flying fuck what a DYEL PT(s) thinks, I left because their pettiness was distracting me from pushing heavy weights. Those negros would stand around the gym like its watercooler time at the fucking office lmao. Quite an upgrade mate.

>go to small gym around 11:30 at night
>only me and my friend most nights
>occasionally one chubby lady who will do an hour on the treadmills or n early thirties asian dude who chats with us and asks for tips on his routines

One day I'll have a story for you guys

So he's a harmless old fart who stays contained at the dyel machine? I don't understand the problem.

Damn straight it feels good. Some people are just a draining burden on everyone around them. The kindest thing you can do is cut them off and let them eventually figure out shit for themselves.

Shit son how much to come vacation to in Japan for a week?

Fuck man. THat's awful. As I said, my gym PT's are all really nice. Then again, the dude who I've realized is the manager at the gym is really hands on. I often see him cruisin' around, putting weights away or taking people on tours of the facilities. Really nice guy, but when any of his staff are being dicks, I always see him pull them aside and talk to them. All the PT's at my gym are contracted on, and not actually part of the gym. I have a feeling that he'd drop them like stones if they were that selfish. Then again, my gym is a newer chain gym, so their main sticking point is that they're nicer than other gyms.

Glad you found a better gym though, user.

Yeah, but it can be frustrating when the PT's or even staff don't want to help you. Issue with membership? Gonna be a pain in the dick to figure out. Equipment broke? You're gonna be hoping they don't make a scene for the next week. Plus it's annoying when you see them chatting and looking at you.

Source; trained at 4 gyms, the worst was the shitty community gym where the PT's were all basically fat, old highschoolers. Only competent people in that entire bloody outfit were the ones who worked for the overall facility.

At least twice a week whenever i go into the gym (around the same time every night) some cunt has left weights laying around the squat rack, and lately i have found that somehow the fucking rack has been shoved closer to the wall so the 20kg weights can't fit on the holders

> last week
> go into gym, everything a fucking mess
> mfw having to deload the bar, take most of the weights off the squat rack so i can shove it away from the wall then pick up the weights left around the floor and put them on the rack

do these people throw the bar against the rack or something i don't understand how the fucking thing gets shoved against the wall like that

"A Freudian slip, also called parapraxis, is an error in speech, memory, or physical action that is interpreted as occurring due to the interference of an unconscious subdued wish or internal train of thought. The concept is part of classical psychoanalysis."
Gr8 b8 m8 8/8

Know what? He might have been on some kind of angry-juice pre-workout and not into the rest of the human race at the time.

Don't let it get to you.

that woman in her 50s with a shit ton of makeup on

Spotted the anons that are texting in between sets.

People I hate in the gym:

>anyone who tries to talk to me outside of normal questions like how many sets
>supersetters
>that one guy who barks like a dog during his sets
>girls whose only day is 'ass day'
>anyone having a conversation while hogging equipment past the normal rest time they'd do if not talking

>that "personal trainer" whose client is doing 1/128th rom squats and he looks on with no corrections or advice

>me and a friend want to use the bench press
>roid monkey has been on it for 8 sets, yes, I counted
>ask to work in since we lift the same weight
>laughs in my face and says there's no way I can lift it (just 2 plates...ffs, not impressive)
>"uhh....yeah dude, I got this" I say
>he stands there and watches me do a set, with my friend spotting, screaming "THAT'S NOT HOW YOU DO IT, YOU BOUNCED OFF YOUR CHEST, TERRIBLE FORM, TERRIBLE FORM, OH MY GOD, YOUR GRIP IS WAY TOO NARROW, HORRIBLE"
>we both just roll our eyes, I get off, my friend does a set
>roid monkey continues to scream about our terrible form
>his turn to do a set, he adds a third plate... ok
>he stares at my friend and I with a murderous grin and, I kid you not, laughs. He fucking laughs while benching his 3 plates
>he finishes and looks at me and says "OK, BRAH, YOU LIFT THE SAME AS ME RIGHT?"
>"WAIT, I THINK YOU NEED SOME MORE" he screams, adding a 4th plate. My friend and I just leave and lose our sides hearing him laugh as he continues to press, his laughter could be heard outside the fucking gym

Maybe if you weren't such a privilege white cist misogynist male it wouldn't have happened.

I think you got punked the fuck out, that guy is a fucking alpha.

This story lost its credibility when you said
>'Went to use the bench press'

How the fuck would deadlifts bend a bar moreso than any other lift, other than the amount of weight potentially on it?

>smith machine

literally who gives a fuck?

please let this be true

asshole from OP's story pls go

>t.i've been to planet fitness twice but I browse Veeky Forums daily

I sweat through every shirt I wear at the gym. It's sopping wet when I'm done, even the under armor quick dry ones. I go at 1 am and never wipe anything down.

woman detected

I wrote "want" actually, not "went", but I don't understand why that would matter anyway. I've been lifting for 11 years and I've always called it a bench press, or flat bench, what the fuck else am I going to call it?

>hey man, nice cock
there go my sides

It's called "buffing bench", you bloody yank.

Double doubles. Noice

Saved. I love man, never change.

I love you man*, im..im no homo dog

>24/7 powerlifting gym filled with people on pounds of gear that are honest, decent, helpful folks
sounds awesome

>hey man, nice cock

Favorite filter song

Basically this.

why would the dude even fucking care?

>gf and I are at the gym together
>she does her usual cardio bunny stuff
>I do my liftin
>some old as fuck manlet starts talking to my gf
>this happens everytime
>gf doesn't really seem to care, guy seems nice enough

I bet if that ancient manlet was 60 years younger he'd be trying to fuck her. I see your game.